IGNORED

Do Any Of The Players/management Read This Forum?

myol'man

I don't think the forum even represents the view of the individual poster.

All we see is snapshots of somones view on particular issues. Usually we post because we feel we have something to add positively, or to contradict so there's the polarisation. If we had mandatory posting like the Australian elections you'd get a much more balanced view where you'd see a tide of non argumentative similar thoughts. We'd all post that we don't care on the things we didn't care about and that'd be reasonably representative.

The forum comes across as negative because it brings out a stronger reaction. How many times have you rang up to complain about an issue? How many times have you made the effort to go and praise the same issue when it's good? The positive threads only get going when someone contradicts them and there's a debate about it. Otherwise it's rather dull to go into a thread and type "i agree" or whatever.

A month of downtime on here would do the world of good.

That's right, because in the hundred or so previous years of Bristol City's existence, the club was a world-beater, never at all put off by the constant bashing it received on this forum!

People will always find outlets to spout forth their verbal diahorrea, whether it's the paper, the pub, the radio or the internet.

You've got to remember that a forum naturally polarizes because most people generally post about stuff they feel strongly about, and when people feel strongly about something it's usually because their view is at one end of a spectrum.

This forum is pretty balanced if you remember that 90% of people reading a thread aren't posting in it and have views somewhere vaguely around the middle of the ground being argued.

I agree.

As a relative newcomer to the forum I think it is pretty much indicative of the AG faithfull, from the wizened old die hards who like to post to prove their vast experience, through to those little walking abortions who have just been bought their first stone island jacket as a gift for sprouting their first pube. A lot of people from different walks of life with very different standards of behaviour and ideas of what is or what isnt acceptable on the pitch or in the ground. Every person who pays to watch City, is in my opinion, entitled to voice theirs. If your opinion is extreme, provocative or just downright dumb then you will get replies informing you it is just that! Long live free speech on this forum and if you feel it is negative or full of moaners, then....... wait for it 'cos it's a great idea............. You will wish you'd thought of it yourself....................... DON'T EFFIN COME ON HERE. :city:

Every person who pays to watch City, is in my opinion, entitled to voice theirs. If your opinion is extreme, provocative or just downright dumb then you will get replies informing you it is just that! Long live free speech on this forum.

But be prepared to have personal insults directed at you from those with few debating skills if/when you do inform people of the limitations of thier view....

I'm sure alot of the players read this forum with great amusement! Tis like a playground in here most days so I expect they have a good laugh at certain posters expense! I expect they don't take some of the rubbish spouted on here seriously. Tis only a small proportion of city fans views after all!!

Archived