IGNORED

Just Wondering...

formerly known as ivan

Those of the blue persuasion simply have no idea of the step up to The Championship (just ask Forest and Doncaster), Lee Trundle scored an amazing 78 times in 135 games for Swansea, that is the level that Lambert currently plays at and he has nowhere near that scoring ratio and is by no means a Championship player.

Fill me in then boss.

What makes Lambert unsuitable for the Championship?

If Maynard is struggling to score then Fatty Lambert has no chance. I will laugh my ass off when your only decent player does eventually disappear and you become a no man team instead of the one man team you currently are!!

Fill me in then boss.

What makes Lambert unsuitable for the Championship?

Mate, he will be gone in january as if you havnt already realised you are a SELLING CLUB as soon as your scummy board even hear the word a million he will be out the door.

Regardless of wetaher he is good enought for the championship or not, if he carrys on scoring then he will leave in january, simple.

tbh JJ mate, i cannot believe u think lambert is worth two million. Last season i recall my mate telling me of a time where u were singin ' sign a ******* striker ' at home games, and now all of a sudden hes on good form hes a world beater and is worth a ridiculous ammount of money.

Guest Red Nee Tot
at the end of the day you are a selling club and 1m will see him leave in jan.

At the end of the day. Both Bristol clubs are selling clubs -- Don't ever forget that.

But i'll tell you one thinh Ricky Lambert will not go to city -- Not in a million years.

Guest Red Nee Tot
Theres an old saying in sport

"Class is permanent,Form is temporary"

All i will say is Lambert is in good form :innocent06:

Thats not what you were saying down the pub earlier Steve. You actually stated he was probally the best footballer in Bristol. In fact was'nt it you and "purple paul" that phoned Twentyman after today's games saying just that.

But i'll tell you one thinh Ricky Lambert will not go to city -- Not in a million years.

Well, let's hope not anyway.

From Lambert's point of view any move to the upper echelons of the Championship to Bristol City from murky depths of the lower divisions would be a massive stride up the football league ladder.

An improvement to his football career so incredulous it would no doubt feel like an impossible dream come true.

No doubt he'll be a City player should we ever want him, but equally certain that will never be the case. :city:

how much do you think lambert would set us back in january?

i think £500k would be well spent on him.

why would we want him?

is he any better than, Maynard, John, Trundle, Adebola or Brooker?

I wouldn't say so........either way we don't need strikers, we have more than enough.......we need to spend money on other positions in the team and as today showed again, MIDFIELD.

Guest Red Nee Tot
Well, let's hope not anyway.

From Lambert's point of view any move to the upper echelons of the Championship to Bristol City from murky depths of the lower divisions would be a massive stride up the football league ladder.

An improvement to his football career so incredulous it would no doubt feel like an impossible dream come true.

No doubt he'll be a City player should we ever want him, but equally certain that will never be the case. :city:

With respect --- That is one of the most arrogant responses I have ever read.

With respect --- That is one of the most arrogant responses I have ever read.

Probably true though - For all gasheads having a pop at maynards scoring record for us (as another city fan has already asked and got no respose) what was lamberts record after his first 10-20 games at Rovers?

Probably true though - For all gasheads having a pop at maynards scoring record for us (as another city fan has already asked and got no respose) what was lamberts record after his first 10-20 games at Rovers?

This site's pretty cool for that sort of stuff: http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=16995

1/20, btw.

Lambert will probably have a release fee in his contract, Probably in the region of 600-750k. Or a release clause that says he can speak to a Championship club if they make a bid. Rovers fans' seem to think even if a Championship side came in for him he would stay with them because he would be guaranteed first team football at there place. Well trust me sagheads if Forest came in and offered him 7-8k a week he would be gone without a second thought and would be laughing in your faces despite them being bottom of the league. I like working for my company but if another company offered me £200 a month extra I would be gone. Same with Lambert if Forest offered him 3-4k extra a week do you really think he would even consider staying at the rugby ground in League One just because he would be guaranteed first team football? Just like Hayles, Cureton, Roberts etc all stayed with you didn't they despite being offered higher wages and a higher level of football elsewhere just because they loved Bristol Rovers and were guaranteed first team football.

And if he carries on this FORM you will be lucky to keep him until Jan. I'm sure his agent is already out there now putting his name about.

As for us signing him :rofl2br: :rofl2br: :rofl2br: :rofl2br: :rofl2br: :rofl2br: I would rather us resign Sir Bas Savage.

What the hell are you going on about? We shouldnt look to trade with Bristol Rovers because of who they are? Hokw very shortsighted and uncommercial.

Real "fans" couldnt give a sh*t where we buy players from as long as they do the business for our club.

Ever heard of Peter Beadle?

Sol Campbell

Figo

Ashley Cole

Steve P*illips

Even Managers - look at Harry Redknapp

If they're a good player and would add to the squad it means bugger all who they've come from

What the hell are you going on about? We shouldnt look to trade with Bristol Rovers because of who they are? Hokw very shortsighted and uncommercial.

Real "fans" couldnt give a sh*t where we buy players from as long as they do the business for our club.

Ever heard of Peter Beadle?

Beadle wasn't signed Directly from Rovers though.

I personally can't think of any players for a VERY long time who have moved directly from Rovers to City, though they have had a number of our cast offs' over the years, but no real first team players, just the likes of Klien-Davies, Phillips and Lee Matthews on Loan.

Steve Phillips, Danny Coles, Josh Klein-Davis.........

as said, not direct move from City to Rovers, just them taking our cast off's, again though Coles wasn't a direct move.

Either way, why would we want Lambert??? Seriously. Fat 3rd Division Journeyman, nothing more, nothing less.

Guest ashtonyate
Irrespective of who he plays for now, why would we need him?

We have six strikers on the books right now.

We may have six strikers on the books but we have only two with the experience needed one is 33 the other is on loan.

I wonder if the Gas would take Trundle in part exchange for Lambert ??.

We may have six strikers on the books but we have only two with the experience needed one is 33 the other is on loan.

why? because Lambert is an established championship striker???? or because he's a player who's scored less goals at that level than the one you want rid of?

:disapointed2se:

Disagree, it's not just about experience. Trundle is playing well at the moment, Maynard has pace, Akinde is raw but he's strong and hard working. We've got plenty in the bag up front, no need to go spending money on a player from the league below - more pressing concerns in midfield IMO.

Beadle wasn't signed Directly from Rovers though.

I personally can't think of any players for a VERY long time who have moved directly from Rovers to City, though they have had a number of our cast offs' over the years, but no real first team players, just the likes of Klien-Davies, Phillips and Lee Matthews on Loan.

The last Rovers player to join City directly whilst still under contract was Trevor Morgan, back in around '87, personally I'd be happy if we never signed another current (or ex) Rovers player ever again.

Guest ashtonyate
Disagree, it's not just about experience. Trundle is playing well at the moment, Maynard has pace, Akinde is raw but he's strong and hard working. We've got plenty in the bag up front, no need to go spending money on a player from the league below - more pressing concerns in midfield IMO.

From what I have seen of Lambert he looks to be a good bet to come up a league if you could get him for 300k or so he would be worth a punt.

When you say Trundle is playing well at the moment yes he is playing better but I could not see him getting 15 goal this season I doubt if he will get in to double figures

Games like Barnsley could be won if you had a good striker on the pitch ie Lita but they cost money so you go for a prospected from the lower league.

As for us having lot of strikers we may have but one is injured two are still young and the rest are not firing on all pistons.

yes we do need another play maker midfielder as Williams does not seem to last a full game.It is good to see Lee Johnson starting to come good perhaps the baby is sleeping through now.

From what I have seen of Lambert he looks to be a good bet to come up a league if you could get him for 300k or so he would be worth a punt.

When you say Trundle is playing well at the moment yes he is playing better but I could not see him getting 15 goal this season I doubt if he will get in to double figures

Games like Barnsley could be won if you had a good striker on the pitch ie Lita but they cost money so you go for a prospected from the lower league.

As for us having lot of strikers we may have but one is injured two are still young and the rest are not firing on all pistons.

yes we do need another play maker midfielder as Williams does not seem to last a full game.It is good to see Lee Johnson starting to come good perhaps the baby is sleeping through now.

ahhh, I see your being totally unrealistic.

and for the record, we had 4 different forwards playing on Saturday and none of them managhed a shot on target.

Is it because ALL four of them are rubbish and we should sign someone like Lambert? or is a problem with our midfield?

I'd go with the later.

Guest pepsi&shirley
Are you havin a ****in laugh? shit team, shit player I refuse to utter their or his name!! as far as I'm concerned the team in question don't even exist!

One team in Bristol!!

Unfortunately for you pedrino we do exist.. Bristol Rovers; you'll never get rid of he gas my friend :gasmask:

Archived