IGNORED

Possible Midfield Targets?

formerly known as ivan

so january comes around and LJ has moved on cus of the idiots in the crowd, which other midfielders out there would you like to come in? my list would be...

mccann (burnley)

garvin (ipswich)

surman (southampton)

gibson (man u, possible loan till end of season)

i would go for;

Noble (Bristol City)

Williams (Bristol City)

so january comes around and LJ has moved on cus of the idiots in the crowd, which other midfielders out there would you like to come in? my list would be...

mccann (burnley)

garvin (ipswich)

surman (southampton)

gibson (man u, possible loan till end of season)

mentioned Andrew Surman before, given how Skint Southampton are, he is very affordable and would be a fantastic signing.

mccann (burnley) Why would they sell him to us?

garvin (ipswich) Ditto above, look we WON'T be buying first choice championship players unless they are going to be out of contract, or their clubs are going to the wall!

surman (southampton) Suicide if they did, think bigger clubs will be in for him, worth a shot though

gibson (man u, possible loan till end of season) A totally negative midfielder in the Burnell mode. I'd have him but we're meant to be looking at creative players.

yeates colchester right wing

Quality player if a trifle rotund. Creative and can score goals but don't expect much defending out of him. Isn't he in fact left footed though? Interesting that Palace were after him but pulled out when he failed a medical due to a dodgy shoulder.

I'd be thinking big for a powerful central midfield engine for our side.

I'd be off to Italy and onto Gennaro Gattuso's agent to get our central midfield working with some real warrior spirit and he's a very hard tackler as well. Imagine this player supplying our forwards and breaking down opposition attacks....

gattuso--346x212.JPG

Johnnie Jackson from Colchester. Bangs goals in from outside the area. Only 26 and has played for Spurs in the Premier League

George Boyd from Peterborough. Anyone who was at the Peterborough game earlier this season will agree with me. Looked very classy and would be more exciting to watch than McIndoe.

Guest LJ is our King
I'd be thinking big for a powerful central midfield engine for our side.

I'd be off to Italy and onto Gennaro Gattuso's agent to get our central midfield working with some real warrior spirit and he's a very hard tackler as well. Imagine this player supplying our forwards and breaking down opposition attacks....

gattuso--346x212.JPG

interesting, if anyone's going to thump rob styles for giving a bad decision it's gattuso... or maybe totti

interesting, if anyone's going to thump rob styles for giving a bad decision it's gattuso... or maybe totti

If anyone's going to get this club promotion from playing in central midfield it's Gattuso. He helped Italy become World Champions and I don't think there's much doubt that he'd help get us up as Champions. How much have we got to spend? :whistle2:

Guest LJ is our King
If anyone's going to get this club promotion from playing in central midfield it's Gattuso. He helped Italy become World Champions and I don't think there's much doubt that he'd help get us up as Champions. How much have we got to spend? :whistle2:

he'd only cost 20mil, if we sold our entire team and ashton gate we could afford him

Johnnie Jackson from Colchester. Bangs goals in from outside the area. Only 26 and has played for Spurs in the Premier League

George Boyd from Peterborough. Anyone who was at the Peterborough game earlier this season will agree with me. Looked very classy and would be more exciting to watch than McIndoe.

Great shout with Johnnie Jackson mate. How much do colchester rate him though.

For me it would have to be Ben Watson from Crystal Palace. We could probably get him on the cheap because I do believe his contract runs out in the summer and he'll give us quality in the centre of the pitch.

Watson expected (or at least his agent did) a queue of clubs fighting over him when he asked for a transfer. He went so far as saying he would not leave London, presumably because he expected anybody from QPR to Chelsea to come in for him. Palace got no bids anywhere near their valuation according to Colin. No doubting his ability but I do wonder why nobody pushed the boat out for him.

I thought i was the one man Johnnie Jackson fan club - BCFC branch. Needs to get this in the Evening post at some point. Yeates again makes sense.

Watson wouldn't come. Jeez he's more likely to resign with Palace! Commons is playing at Derby and only just moved there...

And on the subject of right wing or central midfield then I would definetely get central sorted first

Yep, central midfield. We had this position well sorted with Marvin Elliott, Nick Carle, Lee Johnson and David Noble able to play there. Now Nick Carle's been sold, Lee Johnson's been found to be not good enough in that position against the better teams, Marvin Elliott's not back to his brilliance of last season and Gary Johnson never starts the game with David Noble. :noexpression:

Yep, central midfield. We had this position well sorted with Marvin Elliott, Nick Carle, Lee Johnson and David Noble able to play there. Now Nick Carle's been sold, Lee Johnson's been found to be not good enough in that position against the better teams, Marvin Elliott's not back to his brilliance of last season and Gary Johnson never starts the game with David Noble. :noexpression:

Assuming for some reason that gattuso doesnt want to come to us, who would you go for instead?

Its funny how much doherty resembles gattuso, when tommy used to play for NI I wished they would play italy so those 2 were in direct opposition! I wouldnt have fancied being caught up in the middle of that! I remember in a champions league final a few years ago, I think Juventus v milan, and Juventus had a corner deep into extra time, which was cleared, and Gattuso went haring off after the ball, closing down the opposition defenders on the half way line and ended up winning it back, it was like Beckham for england against greece. He really is awesome - the best defensive midfielder in the world IMHO.

Archived