IGNORED

Stern John

silverfox

I've been catching up on the posts since yesterday's game and I haven't seen much about Stern John's contribution yesterday.

I thought he showed his class. He didn't seem phased by the obviously superior quality of the opposition, unlike some of our team - the first time I've seen Fonts look like a rabbit caught in headlights. John was sound in defense, held the ball and distributed well in build ups and was dangerous in the final third - his header in the first half was denied by a great save and he had a few other chances before he buried one at the death (so to speak).

He has good physical presence - OK he looks chunky - but has a good turn of speed, can hold the ball, distribute intelligently, shoot and can head the ball in defense or attack. I think he'll be a great mentor for our youngsters.

Do people agree we should sign him in January?

Guest Bcfc Mike
I've been catching up on the posts since yesterday's game and I haven't seen much about Stern John's contribution yesterday.

I thought he showed his class. He didn't seem phased by the obviously superior quality of the opposition, unlike some of our team - the first time I've seen Fonts look like a rabbit caught in headlights. John was sound in defense, held the ball and distributed well in build ups and was dangerous in the final third - his header in the first half was denied by a great save and he had a few other chances before he buried one at the death (so to speak).

He has good physical presence - OK he looks chunky - but has a good turn of speed, can hold the ball, distribute intelligently, shoot and can head the ball in defense or attack. I think he'll be a great mentor for our youngsters.

Do people agree we should sign him in January?

Definately!!!! Class act and strong too!!

If we don't sign him, we're not really trying IMO. Not that i'd hate being a mid table championship team of course but we should definitely take a 2 or so year chance on a player of undoubted ability who's available.

for me we start with signing stern john and build around him, He looked good on sat considering how bad the team played.

We need to look at clubs like southampton for more players with prem experience and may be even man city who could be ready to loan out players like darius Vassel, dieter haman., benjani, and also I hear sheff weds are in deep shite, they must have one or two who could fit in, thier players had to pay thier own train fares on saturday....

What impressed me was John's willingness to try and create a goal for himself. A couple of long rang shots, one of which was very close and his movement was excellant. We haven't seen Maynard try to do that yet but hopefully playing alonside John will influence him into being more creative around the 18yrd box.

What impressed me was John's willingness to try and create a goal for himself. A couple of long rang shots, one of which was very close and his movement was excellant. We haven't seen Maynard try to do that yet but hopefully playing alonside John will influence him into being more creative around the 18yrd box.

Agree, in patches i thought Maynard and John had a little undersatnding developing, i think John tryed playing him in a few times but unfortunatly it didnt come off.

I deffinetly think we should sighn him permanently.

Archived