IGNORED

I Don't Want More Anger At Ag

Mr Mosquito

Guest LJ is our King
Unlike Gary Johnson, I don't want more anger at Ashton Gate. I want to see a central midfield replacement for Tommy Doherty at Ashton Gate. Bring on Gennaro Ivan "Rino" Gattuso to get our promotion cause back on track. Is he the brother of Tommy Doherty or what??....

gattuso_acmilan.jpg

0,,10327~382044,00.jpg

he said he wants anger in the players eyes, gattuso's eyes definitely have anger in them

Guest LJ is our King
I wonder how much A.C. Milan would want for him? He definately satisfies the Gary Johnson 'anger in eyes' criteria.....

200px-Gattuso.jpg

as i said in another topic, he would probably cost 20mil, all we have to do is sell the entire team and ashton gate

After the 1-4 reversal against Reading we might need a competant player to play alongside Marvin Elliott in central midfield but that's been discussed on various other threads at great length.

You wanted a Tommy D replacement, we have one of those players who runs around and kicks people with a bit of ability.

You want a player we haven't had in a long time. An attacking central midfielder who scores and isn't weak and liable to get broken.

You wanted a Tommy D replacement, we have one of those players who runs around and kicks people with a bit of ability.

You want a player we haven't had in a long time. An attacking central midfielder who scores and isn't weak and liable to get broken.

Any list of such players in this country would be fairly short. Start with Gerrard and Lampard and I soon begin to run out of names. Like 20 goal strikers they are a rarity.

gattuso!!

One of milans Greats!

oh how i'd love to see him down the gate!!

Glasgow Rangers would probably be first in for him - but you never know as Bristol did sign up the legendary John Cabot from Italy. Gattuso's still got his eye on the ball after this challenge, not many get past him with the ball still at their feet....

ringhio_117024.jpg

Glasgow Rangers would probably be first in for him - but you never know as Bristol did sign up the legendary John Cabot from Italy. Gattuso's still got his eye on the ball after this challenge, not many get past him with the ball still at their feet....

ringhio_117024.jpg

well done gobbers, that did make me laugh.

Although you could have gone with Joe Jordan(indirectly), from Italy.

Any list of such players in this country would be fairly short. Start with Gerrard and Lampard and I soon begin to run out of names. Like 20 goal strikers they are a rarity.

Talking 5+ nothing silly. Elliott hit 5 last year, you'd expect a player with more technique who bursts forward to hit the same if not more.

well done gobbers, that did make me laugh.

Although you could have gone with Joe Jordan(indirectly), from Italy.

True, we got the legendary Joe Jordan as player then manager back from Italy - and who'd have thought it? Joe Jordan also played for the great Leeds side as did the legendary Norman Hunter and Jimmy Mann - we signed them as well. :clapping:

Joe Jordan A.C. Milan......pooh ??!!!....

ac%20milan%20pooh-thumb-180x196.jpg

True, we got the legendary Joe Jordan as player then manager back from Italy - and who'd have thought it? Joe Jordan also played for the great Leeds side as did the legendary Norman Hunter and Jimmy Mann - we signed them as well. :clapping:

Joe Jordan A.C. Milan......pooh ??!!!....

ac%20milan%20pooh-thumb-180x196.jpg

As I said on another thread what do you think Norman would have made of LJ as his midfield partner?

As I said on another thread what do you think Norman would have made of LJ as his midfield partner?

I did write an answer.......

QUOTE (kingswood red @ Nov 3 2008, 8:54 AM)

I had a thought of LJ playing alongside Norman Hunter or Gerry Gow, I wonder what they would have made of him when he bottled out, perish the thought.

The way Lee Johnson was shirking challenges against Reading would suggest to me that the likes of Gerry Gow and Norman Hunter would not have been too pleased. :whistle2: I've got to be reasonably polite on a public forum. :dancing6:

I remember Gerry Gow running around in midfield like a footballer possessed trying to put in as many tackles as possible. Norman Hunter in our defence frightened 'top England striker' Paul Marriner of Ipswich so much that Marriner was just letting the through balls run to Norman Hunter rather than risk trying to take the ball past Hunter. Paul Marriner didn't want to risk getting his legs broken. :dancing6: If we had those two back in our side now - or their equivalents - we'd be points clear at the top of this division now.

Link: http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...t=0&start=0

I had a thought of LJ playing alongside Norman Hunter or Gerry Gow, I wonder what they would have made of him when he bottled out, perish the thought.

The way Lee Johnson was shirking challenges against Reading would suggest to me that the likes of Gerry Gow and Norman Hunter would not have been too pleased. :whistle2: I've got to be reasonably polite on a public forum. :dancing6:

I remember Gerry Gow running around in midfield like a footballer possessed trying to put in as many tackles as possible. Norman Hunter in our defence frightened 'top England striker' Paul Marriner of Ipswich so much that Marriner was just letting the through balls run to Norman Hunter rather than risk trying to take the ball past Hunter. Paul Marriner didn't want to risk getting his legs broken. :dancing6: If we had those two back in our side now - or their equivalents - we'd be points clear at the top of this division now.

Sorry I missed it, but I think we both agree on that one. I for one don't rate bottlers in the red shirt. P.S. I remember Stan Bowles almost giving Norman the ball, legend.

Sorry I missed it, but I think we both agree on that one. I for one don't rate bottlers in the red shirt. P.S. I remember Stan Bowles almost giving Norman the ball, legend.

I can't remember our Norm's exact nickname, was it "Norman bites yer legs" or something? There was another like our Norm known as 'chopper Harris' and he played for Chelsea if I remember right. The game's been toned down a lot over the past 30 years and I don't think Hunter or Harris could get away with what they did now. Still no excuse for Lee Johnson and the rest of the shirkers not putting in the tackles against Reading.

Talking 5+ nothing silly. Elliott hit 5 last year, you'd expect a player with more technique who bursts forward to hit the same if not more.

Fair enough if we're talking about one who scores occasionally rather than a regular scorer. That wasn't the impression I got. What Marvin has that Lee doesn't is power and height. Not a lot he can do about that. I blame the parents. :innocent06: He also tends to be played in a deeper position. The last reasonably regular midfield scorer we had was probably Gary Shelton wasn't it? We don't seem to have had many over the years.

Can you remember when we played trannymere and tommy and i think mcateer were havin there own little battle, loved it.

TOMMYS going to GET YA :englandsmile4wf:

Tommy Doherty was a favourite of mine who wore the Red shirt with pride and showed real passion for the club. Judging by the article by/on behalf of Gary Johnson at the link below, I think he's got the message about what's expected from his team. We've got Reading away in February and I'm sure Gary Johnson and the team will be well up for humiliating them on their patch. :clapping: You Redzzzzzz....

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1442035,00.html

Fair enough if we're talking about one who scores occasionally rather than a regular scorer. That wasn't the impression I got. What Marvin has that Lee doesn't is power and height. Not a lot he can do about that. I blame the parents. :innocent06: He also tends to be played in a deeper position. The last reasonably regular midfield scorer we had was probably Gary Shelton wasn't it? We don't seem to have had many over the years.

I'm a declared LJfan, but he hit 5 goals in the promotion season, was it 1 last year and 0 so far this with a coupkle of missed chances but that's it? the step up obviously affected him in that department certainly tactically as he plays deeper.

Can you remember when we played trannymere and tommy and i think mcateer were havin there own little battle, loved it.

TOMMYS going to GET YA :englandsmile4wf:

believe it was Mc Ateer v. Scott Brown

Mc Ateer was sent off.

When I looked around the cafe at half time there were loads of people with the same shaped head as Scott. All members of his family.

"You Mr. Brown?"

Yeah. Which one do you want?"

gobbers!! if cloning was possible then there is only one man to bring back to do the job!

img076ry5.jpg

Archived