IGNORED

I Don't Want More Anger At Ag

Mr Mosquito

Anger in the eyes??

well stop them a weeks wages for every game lost and that should do the trick,

tiz only language people understand these days..........

money :innocent06:

I'm not sure what to make of the look on Gary Johnson's face in the club's official 'Anger Management' link below. Exasperated? Concerned? Pissed Off? At his wits end? He's obviously full of thought and I really do believe it wont be long before he puts us back on track.....

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1442035,00.html

I'm not sure what to make of the look on Gary Johnson's face in the club's official 'Anger Management' link below. Exasperated? Concerned? Pissed Off? At his wits end? He's obviously full of thought and I really do believe it wont be long before he puts us back on track.....

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1442035,00.html

that is a deffo ''i need the loo'' look.

gobbers!! if cloning was possible then there is only one man to bring back to do the job!

img076ry5.jpg

:winner_third_h4h:

He's here,

he's there,

we're not allowed to swear, (he's every-f+++ing-where when Alan Dicks wasn't in earshot) :whistle2:

Gerry Gow

Gerry Gow :winner_third_h4h:

And of course a clone of our legendary central defender Norman Hunter - we'll play him at left back while Jamie McAllisters not available......

nh.jpg

:winner_third_h4h:

He's here,

he's there,

we're not allowed to swear, (he's every-f+++ing-where when Alan Dicks wasn't in earshot) :whistle2:

Gerry Gow

Gerry Gow :winner_third_h4h:

And of course a clone of our legendary central defender Norman Hunter - we'll play him at left back while Jamie McAllisters not available......

nh.jpg

how about andy llewellyn and john bailey both would have kicked someone into the stand on saturday when the fourth went in, fair play to em both!!! neither of em would have bent over and took a 4.1 from reading.

We need steel and fast may i suggest savage from derby, or russel from norwich?? Quite frankly beaten 4.1 and no-one seems bothered, cos it was mighty prem reading. Bring back bailers!!!

how about andy llewellyn and john bailey both would have kicked someone into the stand on saturday when the fourth went in, fair play to em both!!! neither of em would have bent over and took a 4.1 from reading.

to true, mind you come to think of it this man could well kick gerry gow in to the stands

Fast, tough-tackling left back Mike Thresher

threshiv1.jpg

We need steel and fast may i suggest savage from derby, or russel from norwich?? Quite frankly beaten 4.1 and no-one seems bothered, cos it was mighty prem reading. Bring back bailers!!!

savage is at Brighton........some how.

don't really like the bloke, but we could do with someone with his fight and experience in midfield

Guest LJ is our King

savage? we could only pay his wages if we sold the back four

is it worth maybe looking to see if we could bring back tommy could do worse :wacko:

yeah lets bring him back and watch years of rebuilding crumble after the likes of Tommy D, Coles and all the other alcoholic wasters nearly crippled the club and got Tinnion the sack. yeah what a ###### wicked idea!!

You're quite right, we'd probably storm this league with Nick Carle, David Noble AND Ben Watson to choose from for our midfield. Maybe play all 3 together with Marvin Elliot as well - awesome.

It would be a good attacking midfield with the tackling qualities of Watson and elliot holding us defensively

although I'm sure we'd have to squeeze Lee Johnson in their it just wouldn't be a top of the table side without him...

It's interesting reading about the like of Norm and Gowy and other "tough" tackling midfielders but one name appears to be missing. I am talking "Wimbledon's Real Hard Man" the one and only Steve Galliers. Made Gerry Gow look like David Beckham. There would be no bottling with him on the pitch!

It's interesting reading about the like of Norm and Gowy and other "tough" tackling midfielders but one name appears to be missing. I am talking "Wimbledon's Real Hard Man" the one and only Steve Galliers. Made Gerry Gow look like David Beckham. There would be no bottling with him on the pitch!

Blimey, you've got a far better memory than me remembering Steve Galliers. He was a ferocious little midfielder, Cisse wouldn't have breezed past him as he breezed past Lee Johnson on Saturday. Do you think he may have been even shorter than Lee Johnson? I think it must have been Joe Jordan that brought him here from Wimbledon?

Very few got past Galliers and those that did quite often learn to regret it. I believe Vinnie Jones said that Steve Galliers was the only player he feared. Maybe we should see if he fancies a job a midfield coach to put some bite in the centre of the pitch.

Very few got past Galliers and those that did quite often learn to regret it. I believe Vinnie Jones said that Steve Galliers was the only player he feared. Maybe we should see if he fancies a job a midfield coach to put some bite in the centre of the pitch.

It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks and I think some of our current midfield just haven't got it in them to be ferocious in the tackle.

Midfield players like Steve Galliers, Gerry Gow, Vinnie Jones and Gennaro Gattuso are extremely valuable to any side. I looked up Steve Galliers on Citystats and he helped take Wimbledon from old Div 4 to Div 1; Gerry Gow helped us punch above our weight in the old top flight; Vinnie Jones helped win the FA Cup final for Wimbledon against Liverpool; Gennaro Gattuso, well, he helped make Italy current World Champions. Gennaro Gattuso is rated with 99/100 points for aggression on my lad's Fifa '09 game - he's definately the man for our midfield. :icecream:

There seem a lot of quotes on this thread along the lines of "we need someone decent to play alongside Elliott".

The sad fact is, Elliott has been awful this season (maybe because he missed pre season ??) - he looks a pale shadow of the barn storming, goal scoring, tough tackling midfielder of this time last year. On current form, I'd prefer Skuse.

There seem a lot of quotes on this thread along the lines of "we need someone decent to play alongside Elliott".

The sad fact is, Elliott has been awful this season (maybe because he missed pre season ??) - he looks a pale shadow of the barn storming, goal scoring, tough tackling midfielder of this time last year. On current form, I'd prefer Skuse.

Whatever, but if we are to be genuine promotion contenders and not fighting relegation the midfield needs sorting out.

Whatever, but if we are to be genuine promotion contenders and not fighting relegation the midfield needs sorting out.

Theres a huge gulf between "genuine promotion contenders" & "fighting relegation" - its not one of the other. I think we'll be at least mid table. If we can get our strikers performing a crack at the top 6 is viable.

Theres a huge gulf between "genuine promotion contenders" & "fighting relegation" - its not one of the other. I think we'll be at least mid table. If we can get our strikers performing a crack at the top 6 is viable.

Don't you mean if we can get our midfield supplying our strikers with quality crosses and passes? :icecream:

Don't you mean if we can get our midfield supplying our strikers with quality crosses and passes? :icecream:

Like the quailty cross to Adebola on Tuesday night ? Or the quality shot that led to Trundles 3 yard chance ?

I don't think its simplistic "the midfield aren't creating enough" as in some games we have created really good chances, but failed to score them.

Like the quailty cross to Adebola on Tuesday night ? Or the quality shot that led to Trundles 3 yard chance ?

I don't think its simplistic "the midfield aren't creating enough" as in some games we have created really good chances, but failed to score them.

....Adebola may have been dropped against Reading for that miss - I thought it would have been easier for him to score than put his header over. The 3 yard chance should have been converted by Trundle but he was up against a good international standard keeper. Sheff Utd got off lightly in that game especially as the Ref didn't give us a clear cut penalty in front of the Atyeo Stand. We actually played really well in that game but didn't carry our form into the game against Reading.

to true, mind you come to think of it this man could well kick gerry gow in to the stands

Fast, tough-tackling left back Mike Thresher

threshiv1.jpg

Bliomey cider head! Hes frightened the life out of me!! cant eat me tea now! going to cut his picture out and put it on me front door to stop the kids throwing bangers through me letterbox!!!

Another hard nut or just a nut for us MARTIN KUHL! Allegedly flattened a charlton player in the tunnel at ag and started a brawl after a tirade of racial abuse. (the racial abuse thing not funny). think this thread sums up the fact that we have watched some crap over the years but even in the dark days we WENT DOWN FIGHTING thats all we want boys, show us you care!!!

Another hard nut or just a nut for us MARTIN KUHL! Allegedly flattened a charlton player in the tunnel at ag and started a brawl after a tirade of racial abuse. (the racial abuse thing not funny). think this thread sums up the fact that we have watched some crap over the years but even in the dark days we WENT DOWN FIGHTING thats all we want boys, show us you care!!!

I think that's what I find most upsetting about our defeat against Reading - we didn't go down fighting. A bloody easy 3 points for Reading with none of their players going away bruised and battered like they would have done had the likes of Gerry Gow, Steve Galliers and Norman Hunter been playing for us.

Archived