IGNORED

Our Last Twelve Goals.

A Horse With No Name

Not sure if this has been noticed by anybody else, or indeed posted on here, but our last twelve goals have been scored by twelve different players. I reckon that this must be some sort of a record, and even more so when you consider that our main striker, Adebola, is not one of them.

While our League position is still good, and the team are scoring their share, would you say that this is a good thing, having goals coming from all over the park, or is it a worrying trend that we don't have one particular goal bagger?

Thats a good question, it is pleasing that goals are being spread about but I'm still hating the fact that we have not got someone that you can always rely on scoring at least 1 in 3. However, a lot of teams struggle when their main goalscorer gets injured and since we dont have that problem its not something we need to worry about.

Goalscorers have always been hard to come by in recent years at the gate, is my memory eluding me or have we not sold a striker for decent money since the days of Akinbiyi? (Oh, & Lita!) Thorpe, Peacock, Roberts, Matthews, Heffernen, Miller have all come in, some for big money & failed in the long term to hit goals on a regular basis. Brooker could have done the business but for injuries. I just can't remember the last striker we've had who we've had for longer than 2 seasons whose hit regular goals?

Guest wheres your caravan??
Not sure if this has been noticed by anybody else, or indeed posted on here, but our last twelve goals have been scored by twelve different players. I reckon that this must be some sort of a record, and even more so when you consider that our main striker, Adebola, is not one of them.

While our League position is still good, and the team are scoring their share, would you say that this is a good thing, having goals coming from all over the park, or is it a worrying trend that we don't have one particular goal bagger?

As you have just poined out dele has not scored any of them and jsut the two goals for the saeson but i can only think of one game where he has not started sice he came to us but pepole like trundle i think if given the chace that dele has been given he would do extreamly well i just can not work out garys and half of this forum obsession with him

As you have just poined out dele has not scored any of them and jsut the two goals for the saeson but i can only think of one game where he has not started sice he came to us but pepole like trundle i think if given the chace that dele has been given he would do extreamly well i just can not work out garys and half of this forum obsession with him

Theres no obsession, think we support him because hes one of our players.

Thats a good question, it is pleasing that goals are being spread about but I'm still hating the fact that we have not got someone that you can always rely on scoring at least 1 in 3. However, a lot of teams struggle when their main goalscorer gets injured and since we don't have that problem its not something we need to worry about.

Goalscorers have always been hard to come by in recent years at the gate, is my memory eluding me or have we not sold a striker for decent money since the days of Akinbiyi? (Oh, & Lita!) Thorpe, Peacock, Roberts, Matthews, Heffernen, Miller have all come in, some for big money & failed in the long term to hit goals on a regular basis. Brooker could have done the business but for injuries. I just can't remember the last striker we've had who we've had for longer than 2 seasons whose hit regular goals?

You're forgetting the biggest waste of space - Steve Jones :disapointed2se:

Thats a good question, it is pleasing that goals are being spread about but I'm still hating the fact that we have not got someone that you can always rely on scoring at least 1 in 3. However, a lot of teams struggle when their main goalscorer gets injured and since we don't have that problem its not something we need to worry about.

Nothing wrong with Thorpe imo, did he not bang in 20-25 goals in a season for us?

• Admin
Nothing wrong with Thorpe imo, did he not bang in 20-25 goals in a season for us?

He was a reasonable striker for us & if one of our strikers would like to match his goal returns at this level then that would be greatly appreciated but in terms of League goals it was 13-19 a season.

He did break the 20 goal barrier (22) in one season when you bring Cup goals into the equation.

Not only have our last dozen goals come from different players, but another weird stat is that we've already had 16 different scorers this season (including Brian Wilson and Carey in the League Cup) but no-one has scored more than 3!

No wonder I always get the first scorer wrong in the prediction league....

He was a reasonable striker for us & if one of our strikers would like to match his goal returns at this level then that would be greatly appreciated but in terms of League goals it was 13-19 a season.

He did break the 20 goal barrier (22) in one season when you bring Cup goals into the equation.

Blimey, what would we do for that return now???

Blimey, what would we do for that return now???

It was in League One, though.

Trundle and Maynard are showing that the step up is big, though in Maynard's case at 21 time is on his side.

Thorpe was a million pound player at Championship level who we let go for free and who scored his goals for us in League One, so hardly value for money, was he?

It was in League One, though.

Trundle and Maynard are showing that the step up is big, though in Maynard's case at 21 time is on his side.

Thorpe was a million pound player at Championship level who we let go for free and who scored his goals for us in League One, so hardly value for money, was he?

Yea to be fair to Thorpe he was injured and out of favour so hardly featured in the championship debarcle that season.

I think he was a decent striker who when you take in his seasons with us wasn't a waste of money.... not when you look at some of the THINGS we've bought to Gate over the years!

Isn't the last player to score more than 20 goals a season for us still playing for us? :whistle2:

Being a keen statto I've just spoken with the Football League press office, but unfortunately, they don't have the means to vet the data.

However, I've left a message with the Association of Football Statisticians and will keep you posted.

regards,

Mark Tovey - aka Greenun

Being a keen statto I've just spoken with the Football League press office, but unfortunately, they don't have the means to vet the data.

However, I've left a message with the Association of Football Statisticians and will keep you posted.

regards,

Mark Tovey - aka Greenun

Thankyou Mark, it would be very interesting to know, and lets hope that Adebola and Orr score on Saturday to keep the record going.

Thankyou Mark, it would be very interesting to know, and lets hope that Adebola and Orr score on Saturday to keep the record going.

It would be interesting too see if any forum members are prepared to bet on this information and the odds offered by bookmakers.

For the record the 12 goalscorers in running order are:

1. Maynard
  2. Sproule
  3. McIndoe
  4. Akinde
  5. Noble
  6. McCombe
  7. Trundle
  8. Williams
  9. John
  10. Johnson
  11. Fontaine
  12. Elliott

I for one hope one of the front men score on saturday (Maynard hopefully) , this record just makes our strikers look usless to be honest.

That's a great spot. I hadn't even considered how diverse our goalscorers have been let alone 12 different ones.

For me, this is a good sign. If we had a regular goalscorer (which we don't obviously) then if they get injured or out of form, then we know that others will chip in.

It would be interesting too see if any forum members are prepared to bet on this information and the odds offered by bookmakers.

For the record the 12 goalscorers in running order are:

1. Maynard
  2. Sproule
  3. McIndoe
  4. Akinde
  5. Noble
  6. McCombe
  7. Trundle
  8. Williams
  9. John
  10. Johnson
  11. Fontaine
  12. Elliott

Adebola, Orr or McAllister (in that order) are quite possible for Saturday. If we maintain the unique goalscorer list I'm willing to state now that I will make myself available for Watford for an attempt at another unque goalscorer.

Out of interest, who scored before Maynard?

Not sure if this has been noticed by anybody else, or indeed posted on here, but our last twelve goals have been scored by twelve different players.

No wonder I haven't won a penny on the ol' Scorecast this season. I even guessed Marvin would score first on Saturday. Curse you Doyle.

Its now 13 different scorers with Adebola scoring today.

Not only have our last dozen goals come from different players, but another weird stat is that we've already had 16 different scorers this season (including Brian Wilson and Carey in the League Cup) but no-one has scored more than 3!

No wonder I always get the first scorer wrong in the prediction league....

It's a cunning plan! This way the oppos won't know which one player to mark out of the game.

Archived