IGNORED

Qpr

Robbored

I can't say that I agree with Wilsons' view that QPR will struggle over the next two games because of their form and the pressure of a promotion race.

If I were Holloway I'd be stressing the fact that two wins will mean promotion - its as simple as that.

You could also argue that the pressure is on City just as much.Anything less that wto wins will probably mean the play-offs and even with two wins promotion depends on QPR slipping up.

Its a poor attempt on Wilsons part to pysche up Holloway in the mind games stakes.

A win against Swindon for QPR will mean second place, because I can't see them dropping any points against Sheffield Wednesday.

A draw against Swindon would be a good result for us, providing we beat Barnsley on Sunday. That would mean that we would go into the final game of the season in Second place, with everything in our own hands.

Not quite sure what to make of the QPR/Swindon game at the weekend, because both clubs still have second place in the league to play for. Just like us Swindon can still obtain the Second Automatic slot depending on results.

It will be an interesting/nail biting Saturday afternoon :clap:

City have more chance of winning the lottery than beating Barnsley, anyone care to check our last 6 away games, no win in 6 and just 1 point out of a possible 18 and Wilson says QPR have pressure. Our last win away was when we went top of the league, yep way back on February 17th.

QPR will get promoted automatically because we have a fool in charge of team affairs, if I was Steve L I would rue the day I gave him another 3 years of spending my money.

Do what I do, switch the radio/telly off when that prat comes on and tells us how good a point at home against Wycombe is.

Was on the phone to a mate of mine during and after the game on Saturday who was at the Plymouth/QPR game.

His view is that QPR can count themselves unlucky and really took it to Plymouth start of the second half and should have been 2 up before Plymouth scored. Based on that display he reckons QPR will win their next two. (He's a Plymouth fan).

Now, personally, I don't think QPR have 6 points in them. They've only won once in their last 7 I think and it's their home form which has kept them in it. They are prone to the odd banana skin just like City eg losing away to the likes of Chesterfield and drawing at home to Stockport.

All the pressure will be on them Saturday. Big crowd expecting a win and them having to find a way through. I reckon a draw, which leaves it all for us to play for.

Never give it up until it's impossible.

Was on the phone to a mate of mine during and after the game on Saturday who was at the Plymouth/QPR game.

His view is that QPR can count themselves unlucky and really took it to Plymouth start of the second half and should have been 2 up before Plymouth scored. Based on that display he reckons QPR will win their next two. (He's a Plymouth fan).

Now, personally, I don't think QPR have 6 points in them. They've only won once in their last 7 I think and it's their home form which has kept them in it. They are prone to the odd banana skin just like City eg losing away to the likes of Chesterfield and drawing at home to Stockport.

All the pressure will be on them Saturday. Big crowd expecting a win and them having to find a way through. I reckon a draw, which leaves it all for us to play for.

Never give it up until it's impossible.

Trouble is, if QPR win, we must also beat Barnsley just to stay in it on the last day.

If QPR win, I predict a defeat at Barnsley and a sending off or two, as our frustration boils over :clap:

Typical City really :D

Guest red_realist

saturday was our real chance and we blew it ......BIG TIME.

and now wilson is saying "the pressures is on QPR" - what al oad of #######.

when Sturrock left Plymouth i seem t orecall him saying "the pressure is really on Argyle.." and lo and behold they're now champions.

Doesn't the idiot realise that the pressure is on BCFC !!!! (we've got the catching up to do after all)

DW must go--- what wonderful signings Murray, Rougier and Caskey have been .....NOT. unless they were signed ready for another season in Div2.

we've been awful since the end of our winning streak and i can't help feeling that DW has done nothing to get the team spirit going , (perhaps he should phone plymouth and ask how it's done !!) :clap::D

Been told by QPR fans today, that they battered Plymouth, only to concede 2 goals in the last 1/4. How true that is I dont know, but its what they said. Thing is we shouldnt have needed to depend on other teams ###### up, we should have put ourselves in the position in the first place!!!

I think in all truth now its the playoffs for us, and every chance of another 1st round exit.

Any Wilson excuse is boring, defeatest, and waffle. Hes got to go, but we wont be able to, cant afford to, so we're stuck with another under-acheiving season ahead- Deep ###### joy! Oh -and he'll have another crop of ###### excuses to come out with, having had the summer in Chesterfraud to think about them.

Guest Redarmy Ant

If Qpr draw or lose on saturday, i think weve a good chance of dismantling barnsley. Our numbers going will rise as a win would put us second and the atmosphere to get the boys going will be phenominal. Even a draw would be a good result, as i dont think theyll get more than a draw against wednesday, and we can beat blackpool. This is why I posted a thread titled; "were going up".

But, if Qpr win, I'm not so sure. For city to know they HAVE GOT TO WIN to stand any chance of promotion, you know theyll bottle it.

So, Qpr .v. Swindon is a very, very important game.

BCTID

I can't say that I agree with Wilsons' view that QPR will struggle over the next two games because of their form and the pressure of a promotion race.

If I were Holloway I'd be stressing the fact that two wins will mean promotion - its as simple as that.

You could also argue that the pressure is on City just as much.Anything less that wto wins will probably mean the play-offs and even with two wins promotion depends on QPR slipping up.

Its a poor attempt on Wilsons part to pysche up Holloway in the mind games stakes.

As I was saying to my wife the other day, I like coming from behind. At this point its QPR's to throw away and yet its far from done and dusted for them. As far as we're concerned, we're in the play-offs but with a chance of the autos. Psychologically, there's more pressure on them than us.

As we know, for some people no matter Wilson says will be red rags to bulls. I'm not too sure what else anyone expected him to say. Maybe: "Well, looks like we've blown it for the autos now" would be more acceptable to them. Only thing is, if you talk and act like you've lost it tends to have a poor effect on the players. He's got keep saying we can do it, hasn't he?

For what its worth, I think QPR will beat Swindon but l'm very worried about Barnsley - the omens and form don't look good. But if it goes to the last day, I can see us beating Blackpool and Sheffield Wednesday raising their game to draw or even beat QPR.

As we know, for some people no matter Wilson says will be red rags to bulls. I'm not too sure what else anyone expected him to say. Maybe: "Well, looks like we've blown it for the autos now" would be more acceptable to them. Only thing is, if you talk and act like you've lost it tends to have a poor effect on the players. He's got keep saying we can do it, hasn't he?

Of course he has to stay positive.

However, something along the lines of, "What QPR do is out of our hands, all we can do is keep our own house in order, so that if QPR do slip up, we aren't left rueing an opportunity missed." may have been the best way to tackle it.

Actually, I thought that was our policy, with regard to not being distracted by other teams' results. As I said before, what changed?

He should, whatever he says, be very wary of saying things that QPR could pin on their dressing room wall and use to act as a motivational tool, as that can, obviously, be counter productive.

Has he done that here? I'm not sure.

Everyone at the top is choking, as seems to happen every year. If we don't make it, we can't say we never had the opportunity. QPR have bottled it week after week. Plymouth have just about stumbled over the line, and either QPR or us will do the same. But there's no reason to suspect QPR won't carry on bottling it next week. It's a tough game for them - but then so is Barnsley for us.

As Huw says, at the end of the day all we can do is concentrate on winning our own games. Unless we do that, the rest is irrelevant.

He should, whatever he says, be very wary of saying things that QPR could pin on their dressing room wall and use to act as a motivational tool, as that can, obviously, be counter productive.

Has he done that here? I'm not sure.

Mark McGhee is quoted in the WDP as saying that Brighton have gained the psychological edge for the play offs. Hope that is pinned up in our dressing room.

http://www.thisisbristol.com/displayNode.j...ntentPK=9723839

Why? Have we given up on auto already, then? That's not very positive.
I haven't given up on auto...yet.

Merely pointing out what McGhee is reported to have said because if the table stays as it is now we will play Brighton in the play offs.

IF we we do play Brighton I hope his words are rammed firnly back down his throat.

Guest bristolbred

Swindon are the ones we have to rely on for a favour, but QPR just need to fight for three points in that game, as a mate of mine who follows the Wednesday has told me that Turner is going to try a few youth players as they have nothing to loose, so an easy three points for QPR at Hillsborough!! :clap:

We had our chance to put the pressure on last Saturday, and got just a point, and took our feet off of the accelarator of promotion!! :D

Who's for the Play-Off's then?? :D

Trouble is, if QPR win, we must also beat Barnsley just to stay in it on the last day.

If QPR win, I predict a defeat at Barnsley and a sending off or two, as our frustration boils over :D

Typical City really :D

Have to agree BB.

It is looking like a typical end to a Bristol City season.

I too see QPR beating Swindle & I can't see us turning over a Barnsley team, who will be going all out to stop us on their last homw game. :clap:

Archived