IGNORED

Trundle And Noble

NickJ

Give a long run in the team i honestly believe he will do an awesome job for you as he brings something different to his game he'll certainly keep you lot entertained,

Read some of the other relevant threads on here jack if you can be bothered, you'll see your thoughts are shared by many puzzled City fans. :yes:

You have way more strikers than us and you have the same problem as us - can't score!!

Of late, i don't think scoring has been that of a problem. It is the conceding of sloppy goals thats been the main problem - mostly down our left flank because we have a makeshift Left back playing there and other teams are exploiting that fact.

Scoring 2 away from home, you would think that you would get at least a draw from the game.

re trundle and maynard up front, we would get stuffed every game, the ball would never stick up front, and we wouldnt have any relief for the defence. They both need someone powerful to do the leg work, try to give them space to play. Try either of them with Dele or John if you must, or try playing trundle off of the target man and maynard, but those 2 up front would be bad news, unless someone makes football a non contact sport.

Si.

Nick, in a very detailed response you appear to have missed the incident Sheff utd at home where a good Lee Johnson shot was save & Trundle contrived not to score from 4 yards ??

Maybe that was because the original question from the poster, and hence my reply, was specifically about Trundle and Trundle only.

My reply did not refer to the Johnson miss (which incidentally was more like 35 yards, not 45, and certainly not 50 which the official report on the official website reported it as at the time - now that was spin).

Finally, the reply asked for what Trundle has done in games played, not what he hasn't.

re trundle and maynard up front, we would get stuffed every game, the ball would never stick up front, and we wouldnt have any relief for the defence. They both need someone powerful to do the leg work, try to give them space to play.

Says who?

Bardsley & Lineker. Just remind me, which was the powerful one?

There was a very interesting post-match comment from Harry Redknapp yesterday.

Basically, he was asked what he thought of the apparent view of Ramos that Pavlyuchenklo and Bent couldn't play together.

Redknapp's response was that he would have thought that that might have been thought about before shelling out £16m and £17m on them. In other words, of course decent players can play together, he said.

It doesnt matter whether they are big or small.

If Trundle and Maynard is an option - which I for one would be very happy to see given a go - they just need somebody with similar skills and vision in midfield to provide the service.

And who might that be I wonder?

Says who?

Bardsley & Lineker. Just remind me, which was the powerful one?

There was a very interesting post-match comment from Harry Redknapp yesterday.

Basically, he was asked what he thought of the apparent view of Ramos that Pavlyuchenklo and Bent couldn't play together.

Redknapp's response was that he would have thought that that might have been thought about before shelling out £16m and £17m on them. In other words, of course decent players can play together, he said.

It doesnt matter whether they are big or small.

If Trundle and Maynard is an option - which I for one would be very happy to see given a go - they just need somebody with similar skills and vision in midfield to provide the service.

I don't know how many games they started together, but they were a more consistent threat, at their level, than Trundle and Maynard are at ours. They also had better midfielders who could play a pass and a legit goal scoring midfielder in bryan robson or later david platt which we don't have, and probably were playing against decent international centre backs. Championship centre backs are pretty brutal, if you compare them to international centre backs, most will be 100% aggressive rather than good footballers, and they will physically impose themselves on maynard and trundle, which we have seen on many occasions.

I don't know how many games they started together, but they were a more consistent threat, at their level, than Trundle and Maynard are at ours. That isnt the point, even if true. You said that one of a striking partnership needs to be big and powerful. Lineker and Beardsley is just the best but one of many examples I could give you that disproves that theory.

They also had better midfielders who could play a pass and a legit goal scoring midfielder in bryan robson or later david platt which we don't have, David Noble and probably were playing against decent international centre backs obviously. Championship centre backs are pretty brutal, if you compare them to international centre backs, most will be 100% aggressive rather than good footballers, yeah those argentine and italian teams of the 80's, not to mention others, were a right bunch of softies and they will physically impose themselves on maynard and trundle, which we have seen on many occasions. We havent, because they havent played together.

In defence and midfield I agree a bit of physical presence is needed. For strikers, its a case of what youve got and what works. Give good players the ball around the box, size isnt that important.

I've recently said Maynard shouldnt play given his lack of form, but I think Trundle and Maynard, with service from Noble, could be worth a shout.

re trundle and maynard up front, we would get stuffed every game, the ball would never stick up front, and we wouldnt have any relief for the defence. They both need someone powerful to do the leg work, try to give them space to play. Try either of them with Dele or John if you must, or try playing trundle off of the target man and maynard, but those 2 up front would be bad news, unless someone makes football a non contact sport.

Si.

Adebola is the least powerful big man going. For someone so big he doesn't win any headers or hold the ball up. He's just a waste of space. With the ball played into his chest I think Trundle can hold the ball up as well as anyone.

Adebola is the least powerful big man going. For someone so big he doesn't win any headers or hold the ball up. He's just a waste of space. With the ball played into his chest I think Trundle can hold the ball up as well as anyone.

Uh, Barney. Adebola has scored 3, assisted 5, the most helpful player so far this season. So, Shhh. :noexpression:

So, the scores on the doors:

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=108539

To suumarise:

Almost 80% think BOTH Trundle and Noble should play.

Almost 97% think Noble should play.

One lunatic, or less than 4%, thinks Noble and Trundle should be bombed out. (Hope thats not GJ!!)

Listen to want the fans want Gary, you know it makes sense.

Archived