IGNORED

Trundle Puts In Transfer Request

Tim S

Agreed. The person who has failed isn't Trundle, it's Gary Johnson.

He paid £1m for a player that he wanted and hasn't been able to get the best out of him, and hasn't played to his strengths on a regular basis, all season many were calling for him to be played alongside a targetman. That didn't happen until Cardiff when he finally got a start alongside Adeboloa.

Johnson has mis-managed the player, a player who we could now be losing......if all this does turn out to be true...then it is another BIG mistake, he kinda got away with it Carle, because we made a small profit, however we won't get our money back on trundle because of Gary Johnson's f@@k up's.

Since Promotion Johnson seems to be having problems getting the best out of many of his signings especially those who have cost alot of money. Carle, Sproule, Trundle, Maynard, almost £5m of players who he can't get the best out of..........hey perhaps it is all 4 players that are the problem, who perhaps we have a manager who isn't as God like as some like to believe and makes mistake like all managers.

But hey.......we aren't allowed to discuss this until the end of the season........... :disapointed2se:

lets get rid of johnson then and get tinnion back :disapointed2se:

thats right play to his strenghts its a team game , not an individual contest , i want trundle to be a success as much as anybody he hasnt, simple as that , its time we moved on

If this is true I wish him nothing but the best, as he has been a modle professional and whose only crime has been to recently state that he is frustrated at the lack of first team opportunities. What player worth his salt and wanting to earn his money would say anything different.

How do you KNOW? fed up of reading your bollox tbh - constantly giving gj a bashing.

Cant ever remember him constantly giving GJ a bashing (and I read this forum far too much) but just giving his opinion that is shared by quite a few City supporters. There is a fair bit of bollox you right as well TBH.

There could be alot going on that we don't know about - for example, LT and NC arent exactly the fittest of players are they?? the medical team do all sorts of tests and will have a good idea how a player is taking care of his fitness FOR EXAMPLE

How do you know they are not the fittest players, do you work as a spy at the club?

You have no clue how these players train either - you also don't know if these players have personal issues or how they get on with GJ on a day to day basis

SO, HOW do you come to this conclusion? are you working at the club as a spy?

No, but we watch them play every weekend and can form our own opinions.

Some people foget where we have came from - if we never appointed GJ we could be playing League Two "football"

Yeah, but we could also be in the Premier League as well. Works both ways.

He may not be perfect and he will make mistakes, but he's made alot of right decisions, which has resulted in us being a ESTABLISHED top half championship team and not League Two in a small amount of time.

He is definately not perfect and makes some very strange team selections, tactical decisions and substitutions. Oh, yeah, we are not an ESTABLISHED top half championship team yet. If we are still in the championship after 4-5 years, then I think that could be said.

How do you know they are not the fittest players, do you work as a spy at the club?

I don't know nor do you or bh_red. Thats my point - there could be a hundred reasons why gj does not play him. it was an example of a POSSIBLE reason - info that we would not be privy too

No, but we watch them play every weekend and can form our own opinions.

So, because YOU see that they are playing well, they should play even if they have a stinker in training? again hypothetical situation

Yeah, but we could also be in the Premier League as well. Works both ways.

VERY VERY unlikely - if you believe that, then your not very clever

So where did this rumour come from that he has asked for a transfer?????

Could be a wind up, could be that Trundle and Johnson have made this up to put Watford off the scent and so they wont prepare in the same way... mmmm... maybe trunds is starting tues night and will score a hat trick..

Maybe I shouldnt have given up smoking today because my head is now pickled.. :tumbleweed:

I don't know nor do you or bh_red. Thats my point - there could be a hundred reasons why gj does not play him. it was an example of a POSSIBLE reason - info that we would not be privy too

So, because YOU see that they are playing well, they should play even if they have a stinker in training? again hypothetical situation

Have you ever played sport at high level? Because I have, and players do not play in the next game following a good performance the week before because they have had a STINKER, as you put it, in training. :laugh:.

VERY VERY unlikely - if you believe that, then your not very clever

Yes, but not impossible. The same as its not impossible we could be playing in L2. But then again, stupid people always result to insults when they cant think of a valid argument.

Have you ever played sport at high level? Because I have, and players do not play in the next game following a good performance the week before because they have had a STINKER, as you put it, in training. :laugh:.

so.... gj needs to promote playing poorly in training to get in the team? good logic

Yes, but not impossible. The same as its not impossible we could be playing in L2. But then again, stupid people always result to insults when they cant think of a valid argument.

firstly insults where? secondly my logic for saying we could be playing L2 football, was the fact we were heading there, in the relegation zone of L1, with a poor squad and not much going for us. whats your logic?

Sorry, but the way you play in training, the way you conduct yourself, your attitude, does have a bearing. We're not talking just high level - we're talking at the top of the sport - have you been there?

I hope that this rumoured transfer request is true...

I hope its accepted...

If Trundles transfer happens it could prove to be the best thing to happen for Bristol City this season...

It's clearly a huge waste of money & talent to have a £1M, thousands of pounds a week goalscorer & playmaker sat on his ar se week after week...

So come on GJ grant this transfer request and get Trundle out of there asap...

TRANFER HIM IMMEDIATELY OUT OF THE STANDS, INTO A RED SHIRT, INTO THE TEAM & ONTO THE PITCH FORTHWITH....

:tumbleweed:

If Trundle has handed in his notice it will be a total disaster. Not an over statement either.

It will be a PR disaster for Gary Johnson.

As such he will get some stick for it, if true and we will see this at AG on Tuesday I imagine and thereafter if we gfailt o score goals and play good football.

It's only a guess, but I would imagine that Trundle is a well liked and respected team member and I would bet in the short term it may cause unrest dressing room .

I really hope it's untrue and if it is I hope GJ sticks him in the team, starting Tuesday, for an indefinite period.

You certainly can build a team around the style of play of a 32 year old. Once he's finished and if proved successful you go and look for another player of similar and successful style and blend him in.

If Trundle is going it will be a terrible waste of a a very talented player. If he does go I would love to see a West Brom or lower level Premier League team give him a go. If Windass can get a game at 40, a 32 year old Trundle certainly can. Failing that, I hope a top 6 Championship side takes him, plays to his strength's and he bags a load of goals to prove us wrong. A player of such talent deserves to enjoy it and show it.

so why sign him in the first place if the players age had been the issue?

I know this is difficult for you but the two are separate issues. It's one thing to buy a 32 year old - it's quite another to build your team, and future success, around him.

How do you KNOW? fed up of reading your bollox tbh - constantly giving gj a bashing.

There could be alot going on that we don't know about - for example, LT and NC arent exactly the fittest of players are they?? the medical team do all sorts of tests and will have a good idea how a player is taking care of his fitness FOR EXAMPLE

You have no clue how these players train either - you also don't know if these players have personal issues or how they get on with GJ on a day to day basis

SO, HOW do you come to this conclusion? are you working at the club as a spy?

Some people foget where we have came from - if we never appointed GJ we could be playing League Two "football"

He may not be perfect and he will make mistakes, but he's made alot of right decisions, which has resulted in us being a ESTABLISHED top half championship team and not League Two in a small amount of time.

I did say "if all this does turn out to be true"

I'm sure there is many reasons, but all we can judge is what we see on the pitch and from what I've seen is what the players do on the field and those two for me more often than not are/were our better players when we played to their strengths.

if your fed up of reading my posts, don't........use the ignore button, like I'm sure many others do? I use it for many.......

I did say "if all this does turn out to be true"

I'm sure there is many reasons, but all we can judge is what we see on the pitch and from what I've seen is what the players do on the field and those two for me more often than not are/were our better players when we played to their strengths.

if your fed up of reading my posts, don't........use the ignore button, like I'm sure many others do? I use it for many.......

So if anyone has a different opinion from you your answer is to the press the ignore button? Makes a mockery of you ever saying that this is a forum where people are entitled to their opinion when you don't want to read anything you don't agree with. I don't expect a response to this because i've no doubt i am on the ignore list. Sad

I know this is difficult for you but the two are separate issues. It's one thing to buy a 32 year old - it's quite another to build your team, and future success, around him.

It's not about building a team around him though, that's kinda getting away from the point.

It's about signing a player.....ANY PLAYER for a massive amount of money (which in this case was a £1m 30 year old Lee Trundle) and then not using that player to the best of his ability, which for Lee Trundle has barely ever happened.

It's like signing David Beckham and then telling him you don't want him sat on the wing crossing the ball or going anywhere near free-kick.

It's asking for Trouble and the whole Lee Trundle situation was doomed from the moment Gary decided he wanted him to be a targetman, to play alongside lesser "goal-scorer" such as Enoch and Byfield when Trundle was the goal scorer who should have been playing alongside a targetman.

Trundle's been wasted by City, personally IF he does move on, I'd imagine he will get a deal at another championship club who will hopefully use him to his strengths.

So if anyone has a different opinion from you your answer is to the press the ignore button? Makes a mockery of you ever saying that this is a forum where people are entitled to their opinion when you don't want to read anything you don't agree with. I don't expect a response to this because i've no doubt i am on the ignore list. Sad

no it's not about that at all.......but if someone says they are fed up of reading my comments, perhaps they should ignore them?

I've never seen you before, so haven't felt the need to ignore you.......sorry

It's not about building a team around him though, that's kinda getting away from the point.

It's about signing a player.....ANY PLAYER for a massive amount of money (which in this case was a £1m 30 year old Lee Trundle) and then not using that player to the best of his ability, which for Lee Trundle has barely ever happened.

It's like signing David Beckham and then telling him you don't want him sat on the wing crossing the ball or going anywhere near free-kick.

It's asking for Trouble and the whole Lee Trundle situation was doomed from the moment Gary decided he wanted him to be a targetman, to play alongside lesser "goal-scorer" such as Enoch and Byfield when Trundle was the goal scorer who should have been playing alongside a targetman.

Trundle's been wasted by City, personally IF he does move on, I'd imagine he will get a deal at another championship club who will hopefully use him to his strengths.

Well I was responding to someone who said that, having spent £1m on Trundle, we should have built our team around him. I got no problems with signing LT - I do have problems with buying him to build a team around him just because he cost £1m. He's good, but not that good.

Hang on when we got promoted to this league GJ was the best thing yet for BCFC. Now he's not starting Trundle and we are not playin particularly well. People want to get rid of him. Stop Moaning And GET BEHIND THE TEAM!!

It's A Fuking Joke!!

Calm down fella, I think you missed Parkways point.. I don't think he wants Johnson to go any more than you or I, I think he was being a bit sarcastic to those that are saying it. Lets face it, we all know we are far better off with GJ than we were when Tinman was in the hot seat..

Calm down fella, I think you missed Parkways point.. I don't think he wants Johnson to go any more than you or I, I think he was being a bit sarcastic to those that are saying it. Lets face it, we all know we are far better off with GJ than we were when Tinman was in the hot seat..

I don't think anyone has actually said, they want Johnson to go, just that recently, his team selections....are.....um.....confusing for more reasons than one

Yeah i know it's the people haven't got a clue and all they do is come on here and moan like ####. It's so annoying

Sorry, but the way you play in training, the way you conduct yourself, your attitude, does have a bearing. We're not talking just high level - we're talking at the top of the sport - have you been there?

Yes, all very true about what you say about training, however, having trained with people at the "top of their sport" (not football) but another discipline, I can quite honestly tell you that the best players are not always the best trainers. And as said in the original post, players should be picked on performances when it matters and not whether they train well or not.

Yes, all very true about what you say about training, however, having trained with people at the "top of their sport" (not football) but another discipline, I can quite honestly tell you that the best players are not always the best trainers. And as said in the original post, players should be picked on performances when it matters and not whether they train well or not.

Have to agree with you there, George Best being an example, from what i gather he wasn't exactly famed for his training, in fact regulary missing training due to his hectic social life, but being the most gifted player in the team he was picked.

Archived