IGNORED

Trundle Puts In Transfer Request

Tim S

I quite like trundle, and his left foot is great, but he hasnt done it for us, and if he isnt on his game can be totally ineffective, I cant see why we should try setting the team up for him only when if he is bad, he is very bad. If it was maradona or zidane you could forgive a limited work rate and lack of tackling back, but in fairness, Trunds doesnt influence a game to a sufficient level with any consistency. If we could get some money in for him to put towards a decent midfielder and right winger I would do it.

If this rumour is true it will be a real pity and quite concerning. Trundle was signed for big money, earning big money - we can't afford to make expensive mistakes if we want to compete at the top of this division because there are at least 8 clubs we're significantly behind financially already. That was my big worry when we signed him, that it was a large financial risk.

On the field we simply haven't played to Trundle's strengths at all. That's not some wishy washy excuse, any time he's had a serious run starting up front we've played direct crap at him and then wondered why it hasn't worked. It's no coincidence that Trundle's best games have come either when played next to a big striker allowing him to actually face goal with the ball at his feet or when we've got Nobes in the side and are playing the ball on the deck. I would love to see him start half a dozen games next to Adebola with Noble in central midfield, I think he'd prove a lot of doubters wrong if we ever try that.

Yeah but we wont will we?

GJ seems to have a problem with both Noble and Trundle atm

at the end of last season both of those players played extremely well when played alongside Adebola

Noble admittedly was on the right of midfield but he showed why he was in the team - along with Nick Carle

Johnson's quoteed in the Evening Post saying that Trundle and Akinde are busting a gut to get in the side. I simply don't believe he'd be saying that if he wanted rid. No mention of Brooker, which may be more telling.

I would expect nothing less tbh, any player not giving 100% is a real concern.

Trundle is a technically gifted player, as Nibor just said if we want the best out of him we should play to his strengths in a 442, but at what cost? compromise other position? no point playing with 2 strikers if the midfield cant get them the ball.. I dunno.. hard decisions to make, glad i'm not GJ really.

It's an easy decision! Our approach and style of play isn't working at the moment although fortunately we are only 3 points behind a play off place so we aren't doing to bad. However, the problem persists from last season that we don't score goals. So either our forwards are incapable which they have demonstrated previously they are not. So, the problem lies in our set up and delivery to the forwards.

Trundle must be first choice striker, play to HIS strength's and build our syle of play around him. Technically gifted & proven. Let him and the likes of Noble have their role and let them do what they do best. They are talent in this division and you don't tell or mess around with talent too much. You feed into it, absorb it and nourish it. they need freedom in their roles and others who are more workmanlike have to compensate for them in some areas.

Trundle must stay and we must play to his strength's. John, also gifted and proven to play alongside him

It's an easy decision! Our approach and style of play isn't working at the moment although fortunately we are only 3 points behind a play off place so we aren't doing to bad. However, the problem persists from last season that we don't score goals. So either our forwards are incapable which they have demonstrated previously they are not. So, the problem lies in our set up and delivery to the forwards.

Trundle must be first choice striker, play to HIS strength's and build our syle of play around him. Technically gifted & proven. Let him and the likes of Noble have their role and let them do what they do best. They are talent in this division and you don't tell or mess around with talent too much. You feed into it, absorb it and nourish it. they need freedom in their roles and others who are more workmanlike have to compensate for them in some areas.

Trundle must stay and we must play to his strength's. John, also gifted and proven to play alongside him

Where does that leave Maynard? Or Dele? And, while Trundle's certainly gifted, nobody can argue that he is 'proven' at championship level.

Maynard has nowhere near the vision and ability of Trundle. I don't think anyone would disagree with that. At the moment Maynard appears be a bit lightweight, yet at the same time we don't play to his strength's.

As for Dele, he does a great job in difficult conditions, but his competition is Stern John and these two will interchange with each other. Therefore, Dele loses out to John as John and Trundle are a more natural fit with the other two as replacements although personally I like Akinde and would have him on my bench!

I quite like trundle, and his left foot is great, but he hasnt done it for us, and if he isnt on his game can be totally ineffective, I cant see why we should try setting the team up for him only when if he is bad, he is very bad. If it was maradona or zidane you could forgive a limited work rate and lack of tackling back, but in fairness, Trunds doesnt influence a game to a sufficient level with any consistency. If we could get some money in for him to put towards a decent midfielder and right winger I would do it.

I'd agree with what you've said there. I think buying him in the first place was a mistake. I have a Swans fan mate who said that in his last season with them he wasn't anywhere near the player that he was in the previuos three seasons and that, despite the fact that they love his bones - they basically attribute their recent success almost entirely to him - they weren't overly concerned when he left as they felt his best days were behind him. If he goes and we get anything for him lets put him down as an expensive lesson for Johnson that he can't always get the best out of players no matter how talented.

So you advocate building your team around a striker who scored 6 goals in 38 appearances last season?

It was actually 6 in 24 - the rest were as sub.

And in the games he started, was very often withdrawn.

I'm sure you will concede that correction, after all on another thread you have confirmed you are not a Trundle critic.

I'm all in favour of playing the footballers if we're going to stick with a mid table championship team. However we need footballers with more physical attributes if we want to progress. Most of our players are technical (LJ, Noble, Trundle) or physical (Elliott, McCombe, Orr) but not both. Teams who have both will be above us forever.

As much as I like the player and the odd special moments he produces, I am surprised we have waited this long to off load him. The step up to the championship has found him out with a lack of pace and too often caught in possesion against clever defenders. The belief he should play the in the hole behind the strikers is also nonsense as he is nowhere the player in that position Noble is.

I'm sure he will go to a div 1 team and look superb, but for the money Stern John is proven and looks better value.

Ok, lets get something straight..... What I have been told came from a friend within the club, not some random source.

I like the way that just because someone posts something that I heard then its immedietly bull sh!t. I wouldnt post something just for the sake of it, I posted it because I believe it to be true and was merely passing on what I have been told.

IF it came from somebody inside the club would they not have told you that in confidence and then you blurt it all over the webiste!! Not very sensible. :disapointed2se:

Archived