IGNORED

Trundle Puts In Transfer Request

Tim S

He paid £1m for a player that he wanted and hasn't been able to get the best out of him, and hasn't played to his strengths on a regular basis, all season many were calling for him to be played alongside a targetman. That didn't happen until Cardiff when he finally got a start alongside Adeboloa.

I remember his start against Cardiff vividly. He was dreadful. Admittedly its not exactly a run in the team but didn't help his cause.

If he does go I would love to see a West Brom or lower level Premier League team give him a go.

Yes a lower league Premier League team are going to buy a 32 year old, one footed player who has never proven himself above League 1. :noexpression:

I'm not saying he couldn't become an integral part of our team but i get the impression that a lot of people arguing his case seem to think he could single handedly take us to promotion. When i've seen him play this season he has been average, showed glimpses of his undoubted talent but on the other hand looked lazy and off the pace.

Maybe GJ should have built a team around Trundle last year but that would have cost a lot of money because we don't play to his strengths and quality midfielders would have been needed. TBH i think GJ made a mistake ever buying him. For our first Championship season we needed to be strong, resolute and hard to beat which we were! Sadly Trundle didnt fit into that mentality.

Now if we are to build a team around anyone its got to be Maynard, a natural finisher. I believe him and John would be a good partnership upfront but for this to work we need, as everyone has been saying, a strong creative midfielder to partner Marvin and a pacy right winger with some end product.

Anyway enough of this, bring on Watford!! :tumbleweed:

Thoroughly dissapointed if he leaves. I fear boring football could be approaching if we get rid of of our flair players

Yes so do I.

I fear we could end up going with one man up front and playing Adebola.

Then when we go behind sticking on another striker in blind panic and just going route one......

Oh hang on.......

I'm quite disappointed in our style of football these days and its been a while since I thought that.

Flair PLAYER..(Singular) more like

Whats happened to the good ole "If he don't want to play for us then stuff him" attitude?

Because we all know he does want to play for us but aint being played at at this stage in his career he needs to be playing every week. If he has handed in a request then it will be because he wants to be playing football and that speaks volumes about the sort of person he is. The fact that this thread remains indicates there could be some truth in this.

I'm gutted when he left Swansea but i still have a look at how he does for Bristol City and i think its a shame Gary Johnson has been leaving him out completely. I know he only played in League 1 and League 2 but he is a good player and I'm certain he would have scored goals for you but if he doesn't play how is he meant to? I doubt he'll come back to Swansea though.

Has he really put in a transfer request as i cant see that anywhere else?

I do know that Swansea had an emergency board meeting so if thats about Trunds who knows?? myself personally i really hope it was!

I don't think clubs have emergency board meetings about bringing players to/back to the club? I think when it is an emergency meeting, it is generally about an emergency decision that has to be made and I cant believe for a second that it would be about bringing Trunds back.

I don't think clubs have emergency board meetings about bringing players to/back to the club? I think when it is an emergency meeting, it is generally about an emergency decision that has to be made.

Maybe they were discussing ways to prevent him from returning!! :noexpression:

I don't think clubs have emergency board meetings about bringing players to/back to the club? I think when it is an emergency meeting, it is generally about an emergency decision that has to be made.

I wish City would have an Emergency Board Meeting about the quailty of the catering at Ashton Gate, but thats a whole new thread entirely!!!

Has he really put in a transfer request as i cant see that anywhere else?

I do know that Swansea had an emergency board meeting so if thats about Trunds who knows?? myself personally i really hope it was!

More likely your midfield crisis? :dunno:

However, it would be typical of City if Trundle were to be playing against us in 2 weeks time at AG in a Swansea shirt.

Although thinking about it a non playing clause would surely be inserted for that match if he was to move back to you.

More likely your midfield crisis? :dunno:

However, it would be typical of City if Trundle were to be playing against us in 2 weeks time at AG in a Swansea shirt.

Although thinking about it a non playing clause would surely be inserted for that match if he was to move back to you.

Yeah a clause would be there becuase the only 2 possible ways of Trundle leaving City in the near future are.....

1) A loan deal, probably with a permanant transfer kicking in when the window opens

or

2) City and Trundle agree to tear up his contract and he leaves the club my mutual concent - thus leaving him a free agent and able to join whoever he wants.... but this is not an option that has ANY benifit for City, as we would simply loose out in all departments. I'm sure if Trunds were to leave, City would want to make back as much as possible from his £1million fee

When you look at the league table, would we really consider letting him on loan to a potential rival in the league? It'll be Marcus Stewart all over again.

*stands by to create the LT sub forum* :ph34r:

Yeah a clause would be there becuase the only 2 possible ways of Trundle leaving City in the near future are.....

1) A loan deal, probably with a permanant transfer kicking in when the window opens

or

2) City and Trundle agree to tear up his contract and he leaves the club my mutual concent - thus leaving him a free agent and able to join whoever he wants.... but this is not an option that has ANY benifit for City, as we would simply loose out in all departments. I'm sure if Trunds were to leave, City would want to make back as much as possible from his £1million fee

I doubt you will get £1 million for him now as whose going to want a 33 year old striker who hardly plays?

or

Hardly a good time to sell then when we would be openly admitting Trundle is not good enough to get into the City team.

At least Swansea are fully aware of the player he can be, it's hard to think there would be many other suitors as things stand, certainly not if we are hoping for much in the way of compensation.

I doubt you will get £1 million for him now as whose going to want a 33 year old striker who hardly plays?

If he were to leave, I would expect the fee to be "Undisclosed" - although if it were to be public, I doubt we would get much more than £500k for him - £300k if I'm being realistic.

Although if City were to sell, the other thing I would expect in the sale would be several clauses - for example the fee would be £300k, rising to £500k based on amount of appearances etc.... that sort of thing would make the deal seem a little sweeter for any potential buyer.

But in all honesty, I cant see him being sold before the end of the season. BUT I can easily see him going out on loan somewhere. I think a loan move is the only realisitc option for any club wanting to take Trunds on.

If he were to leave, I would expect the fee to be "Undisclosed" - although if it were to be public, I doubt we would get much more than £500k for him - £300k if I'm being realistic.

Although if City were to sell, the other thing I would expect in the sale would be several clauses - for example the fee would be £300k, rising to £500k based on amount of appearances etc.... that sort of thing would make the deal seem a little sweeter for any potential buyer.

But in all honesty, I cant see him being sold before the end of the season. BUT I can easily see him going out on loan somewhere. I think a loan move is the only realisitc option for any club wanting to take Trunds on.

Well we'll all know by Thursday as this is the deadline in the Loan Market.

I thik its not true about this so called request,

He is out of contract at the end of the season and would be able to go on a free to any club he wishes to sign for, plus get a sign on fee and get wages he is comfortable with,

Any club would happily give him a 500k a year deal for 2 years, rather than front 500k - 1m for him in January, bosses aint thick they will be well aware he is out of contract at the end of June and will just wait to get him on a free. The only move for Trundle would be if the club wish to sell him and take under the odds, prob 200 - 300k for a club wanting him now, no point in loaning out, unless Johnson wants him off the wage bill and has no interest in keeping him here.

If he aint getting games and is unhappy, its very unlikely he would sign an extension either for the club to recieve anything from a deal.

Also Noble, Carey and Orr are listed out of contract end of the season as well, which could also have devestating effect on the club, if they get upset with current proceddings.

I will be sad to leave Lee leave, hes a very entertaining player who gets me off my seat in particular, however I think its in his best interests to leave, and I wish him the best for the future.

I've just been informed that Lee Trundle has put in a transfer request.....

Has anyone else heard this???

If there is any truth in this, then no matter what there is no going back as far as Trunds is concerned now. Well done Gary Johnson, thanks for that..... :ranting:

Can't see it myself. Trunds loves watching LJ play :worship2:

Is this true, BS or just rumour, its hard to tell sometimes.

Funny how so many people are quick to point the finger at GJ as if he's not picking Trundle out of spite or something, do you really know what goes on behind closed doors? No you don't.

I trust GJ 100% and if he's not picking Trundle it means we might be better off without him? no one wants to lose a technically gifted striker, but come on now, seriously, he hardly set the world alight did he? I might go a far to say he totally unachieved, i think the step up to the Championship found him out a bit perhaps, Good luck whatever, either breaking back into the team or at another club.

Either way I'm not getting upset over it, players come and go thats football chaps.

Two big money transfers.

Neither played to their strengths.

Trundle likes to get ball at his feet and use tricks to play in runners from midfiled. So GJ was right to use him in target man type of role. Howver, forgot to enusre we had midfielders bursting soon enough. Then if enough space caused by defender covering the runner trundle likes to turn turn and run at def. Look what happened against Palace last May and Charlton this year!

Maynard likes to play on shoulder of last man making diagonal runs. Guess what we did played the ball to him once in this fashion on Saturday and look what happened. GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL

Is this true, BS or just rumour, its hard to tell sometimes.

Funny how so many people are quick to point the finger at GJ as if he's not picking Trundle out of spite or something, do you really know what goes on behind closed doors? No you don't.

I trust GJ 100% and if he's not picking Trundle it means we might be better off without him? no one wants to lose a technically gifted striker, but come on now, seriously, he hardly set the world alight did he? I might go a far to say he totally unachieved, i think the step up to the Championship found him out a bit perhaps, Good luck whatever, either breaking back into the team or at another club.

Either way I'm not getting upset over it, players come and go thats football chaps.

Johnson's quoteed in the Evening Post saying that Trundle and Akinde are busting a gut to get in the side. I simply don't believe he'd be saying that if he wanted rid. No mention of Brooker, which may be more telling.

If this rumour is true it will be a real pity and quite concerning. Trundle was signed for big money, earning big money - we can't afford to make expensive mistakes if we want to compete at the top of this division because there are at least 8 clubs we're significantly behind financially already. That was my big worry when we signed him, that it was a large financial risk.

On the field we simply haven't played to Trundle's strengths at all. That's not some wishy washy excuse, any time he's had a serious run starting up front we've played direct crap at him and then wondered why it hasn't worked. It's no coincidence that Trundle's best games have come either when played next to a big striker allowing him to actually face goal with the ball at his feet or when we've got Nobes in the side and are playing the ball on the deck. I would love to see him start half a dozen games next to Adebola with Noble in central midfield, I think he'd prove a lot of doubters wrong if we ever try that.

Archived