IGNORED

Watford - A Must Win Game

Loderingo

We really need to win tomorrow. Despite the defeat at Palace, we are still only 3 points off the playoffs and with Cardiff vs Reading and Sheff U vs Wolves we have a chance to make up some ground on those above. This game could be a major turning point in our season:

If we win:

1) Takes a bit of pressure off the team

2) Gets the fans back on side

3) Shows we still have bouncebackability

4) Makes up ground on the sides above

5) Boosts the confidence of the team

if we don't win:

1) Then we will only have won 2 out of 10 home games, which is relegation form

2) The murmours of discontent will grow

3) If GJ shuffles the pack and we still don't win then there are limited options

4) Dressing room morale will surely suffer

5) Attendances could drop

Watford may well give it a good go as they will have a new manager but they are still a poor side and we should win this match if we are to have any aspirations of doing anything this year.

We the fans need to get behind the team and cheer them on (even if god forbid we conceed early on again)

I feel if we get beat on Tuesday night, some serious rollockings want to start coming from the manager and the chairman.

If they don't play our skillfull players then in my opinion, someones ego is standing in the way of any success we could get, when things don't go well you have to start making changes, and normally you start from the top.

We now have Watford, Preston (sky), Swansea, Ipswich, Sheffied Wednesday, Burnley, Watford, Palace, Donny and Wolves.

Of these games I would like to think we could at least get 16 points, failure to do so then we'll be Late Jan with 40 pts or less which would be very disappointing in my book.

I feel if we get beat on Tuesday night, some serious rollockings want to start coming from the manager and the chairman.

If they don't play our skillfull players then in my opinion, someones ego is standing in the way of any success we could get, when things don't go well you have to start making changes, and normally you start from the top.

We now have Watford, Preston (sky), Swansea, Ipswich, Sheffied Wednesday, Burnley, Watford, Palace, Donny and Wolves.

Of these games I would like to think we could at least get 16 points, failure to do so then we'll be Late Jan with 40 pts or less which would be very disappointing in my book.

I think we will get the 3pts on tue night, carey back in starting 11 will make a massive difference. We have missed his leadership.

I want more than a win on tuesday, i don't think weve performed well at any home game this season (bar Donnie) and i walk out of Ashton Gate most weeks feeling as if we have just limped over the finish line instaed of actually winning convincenly.

Needless to say i would like to see us in a 4-4-2 and to really go for it from the off.

So, if we don't win on Tuesday, you're advocating sacking Gary Johnson?

We really need to win tomorrow. Despite the defeat at Palace, we are still only 3 points off the playoffs and with Cardiff vs Reading and Sheff U vs Wolves we have a chance to make up some ground on those above. This game could be a major turning point in our season:

If we win:

1) Takes a bit of pressure off the team

2) Gets the fans back on side

3) Shows we still have bouncebackability

4) Makes up ground on the sides above

5) Boosts the confidence of the team

if we don't win:

1) Then we will only have won 2 out of 10 home games, which is relegation form

2) The murmours of discontent will grow

3) If GJ shuffles the pack and we still don't win then there are limited options

4) Dressing room morale will surely suffer

5) Attendances could drop

Watford may well give it a good go as they will have a new manager but they are still a poor side and we should win this match if we are to have any aspirations of doing anything this year.

We the fans need to get behind the team and cheer them on (even if god forbid we conceed early on again)

agreed lets get behind the lads

Who would you replace him with?

He aint gone yet, but I would let Millen keep control if he went for the meanwhile, he knows the squad as good as any but long term would want to bring in someone thats been a big league manager, and knows how to get to the promised land.

I haven't lost full trust in Johnson yet, but its dwindling fast.

Hardly 3 weeks;

I said to a mate at the start of the season, to back us at 40s to get relegated, and I stand by that.

We weren't a great team last season but we played well, this year we have been poor and very poor at that.

I now go to games not actually feeling confident of beating any team we play.

Yesterday was a team that was struggling whom at the end of the season managed to see off, the same players bar a couple played that team yesterday and were made to look dreadful, this keeps cropping up.

The only teams we looked great against in my opinion were Donny and that aint saying alot, plus second half against Plymouth.

We need a revamp, but by January alot of damage could be done, Johnson's attitude to my way or the highway is what has p'eed me off, all this year, I spoke to an out of flavour player last night whom I'm pally with and he even told me there is no morale in the dressing room, to quote a certain someone saying "I've done my part, why the f in hell are you not doing yours", Theres no I in team, !!!!

Morale is shot at our club at present, players feel that, its time the kids were brought in and also we played the skillfull players, if McIndoe, Carey, Trundle and Noble leave in January like some expect, I think we would be right royally in the shiat.

Hardly 3 weeks;

I said to a mate at the start of the season, to back us at 40s to get relegated, and I stand by that.

We weren't a great team last season but we played well, this year we have been poor and very poor at that.

I now go to games not actually feeling confident of beating any team we play.

Yesterday was a team that was struggling whom at the end of the season managed to see off, the same players bar a couple played that team yesterday and were made to look dreadful, this keeps cropping up.

The only teams we looked great against in my opinion were Donny and that aint saying alot, plus second half against Plymouth.

We need a revamp, but by January alot of damage could be done, Johnson's attitude to my way or the highway is what has p'eed me off, all this year, I spoke to an out of flavour player last night whom I'm pally with and he even told me there is no morale in the dressing room, to quote a certain someone saying "I've done my part, why the f in hell are you not doing yours", Theres no I in team, !!!!

Morale is shot at our club at present, players feel that, its time the kids were brought in and also we played the skillfull players, if McIndoe, Carey, Trundle and Noble leave in January like some expect, I think we would be right royally in the shiat.

An out of flavour player is hardly likely to give a glowing reference. I doubt Marcus Stewart or Steve Phillips will speak with warmth about GJ.

You were backing City to get relegated before a ball was kicked this season. That being the case I would suggest that you are constantly looking for evidence to support your negativity. You quote 4 players who may leave in January - one of whom is a defender that could be replaced by one of the kids you want to bring in - so that's not a problem then is it. Two others are not regular starters - nor were they last season - so we can obviously achieve things without them. As for Mcindoe - well, maybe he's got itchy feet again anyway - it's a trait of his.

Right, so you encourage your mate to bet on us going down. And we've been 'very poor' this year.

And we're three points behind the play-off places.

He aint gone yet, but I would let Millen keep control if he went for the meanwhile, he knows the squad as good as any but long term would want to bring in someone thats been a big league manager, and knows how to get to the promised land.

I appear to have entered a parallel universe. Because, of course, Phil Brown and Pulis were 'big league managers'??!!

Tomorrow's game isn't 'must win' - because to be so it would have to have somewhere between 'very serious' and 'critical' implications, neither of which apply (except in the minds of a handful of people who have no perspective on life).

On the basis of what we have been served up so far this season, we are not good enough to get in the play-off places. That's not to say we wont make it, with an improvement in form and a sustained run at some point in the season. But it looks unlikley. Ok, so GJ needs longer to build a squad capable of challenging for promotion again - who knew how the team would react to last seasons, completely unexpected high, no-one! It looked like the squad needed a bit of tweaking. Now it looks as though several players may have peaked last season - and will not reproduce that form again any time soon.

IMO we are therefore looking at securing enough points that we don't spend Jan - April '09 constantly looking over our shoulders and watching other peoples results every week. No-one wants to settle for that I'm sure, but it looks like the 'season of consolidation' in the CCC is upon us.

So, I'm hoping we put on a show tomorrow, play with a bit of style, not go behind in the first 20 mins, and have a decent laugh in the EE. If we do none of these things the world, or our season, will not end.

I appear to have entered a parallel universe. Because, of course, Phil Brown and Pulis were 'big league managers'??!!

Bingo the answer is Alan Pardew or Iain Dowie or Mickey Adams - all "big league managers"..........

To me its pretty clear, under Johnson we have had the most success since about 1982 (thats when I started watching). Even if we face (god forbid!) a few seasons of stagnation, why would you consider getting rid of someone thats proved themselves to be a good manager, when appointing a new manager is a lottery ?? Denis Smith was a great manager on paper, christ even Pullis has been successful ... it doesn't mean he was good here.

Whilst a win is always desirable, Watford is not a 'must win game'. City are three points off a play-off place.

If City win, draw or lose then there is still another 27 games to go - thats 81 points still to play for. 'Must win' games are when there is a serious consequence riding on the result like relegation or play-off/ promotion.

If we lose to Watford, we'll probably be 6pts off a playoff place, and 8 or 6 off a relagation place, I see this as a must perform well and a must win game.

As said above I feel the Preston game is more important as its on sky and you think players ride to the occasion on tele, plus if we're made to look poor on tele any tactics we use and be flawed will be shown to any managers watching, Preston are also not a very good team.

As said above I feel the Preston game is more important as its on sky and you think players ride to the occasion on tele, plus if we're made to look poor on tele any tactics we use and be flawed will be shown to any managers watching, Preston are also not a very good team.

Fair point - maybe - about rising to the ocassion when the game is on TV, but isn't that also the case of Preston - who are not, incidentially, as bad as you suggest.

However, as to other managers spotting our poor tactics, I would like to think that other managers do more scouting than turning on Sky and hoping that the live game is their next opposition. All the games are recorded, and you can bet that Gary's already watched Watford's last game (or last three or four, for that matter).

Wouldn't call it a must win, but a win would be great. Remember we just lost to crystal palace, and are on a mini-slump. Watford on the other hand are coming to us after beating QPR 3-0, confidence will be high for them.

I don't know why everyone is panicking about out current position, I'm fine with it.

Glad to see Maynard grab another goal, I have a feeling he will score at Watford too. :fingerscrossed:

Playing Devil's Advocate here but... why does everyone think that Watford will be that tough tomorrow anyhow?

They've just appointed the cheapest possible manager they could get away with who is only 35 and with no first team coaching, let alone management, experience.

Before saturday they'd not won in 6 league games, losing five.

And as for the 'new manager bounce'; who did Watford beat at the weekend? It was QPR, who'd just appointed Paulo Sousa as manager and who were on a much better run of form than the Hornets are.

Rangers had beaten Birmingham and Cardiff, and drawn with Reading whilst Watford were getting pumped by the likes of Blackpool and Swansea. Now, that could mean Watford were better, or that the new gaffer arriving actually unsettled them.

Now if QPR (who's squad is filled with much more quality than Waford's) cannot boost themselves up enough to impress a two-times Champion's League winner who will be deciding their future then how do you think Watford will react to having to impress someone who was pretty much unheard of till he go he job today?

Just stirring the pot...

Archived