IGNORED

Bradley Orr - Transfer Listed (now Confirmed)

Whale Eye Beef Hooked

If the fans and the players are to unite can we please stop the cheering when McIndoe and Johnson were substituted like night. It is appalling and these people are YOUR players. For God's sake get behind the TEAM and stop this stupidity. Had me moan!! :disapointed2se:

From where I was sat the Johnson substitution was much more 'normal' last night, good round of applause for a player that was going off, same as any other. Johnson was stood right infront of me with the ball waiting to take a free kick. He looked surprised but not in a negative way and readily applauded the fans as he ran off.

McIndoe mind you was another matter. He did recieve more ironic cheering of the negative type that was dished out previously for Lee, but not as bad. He didn't look happy and his body language told as he ambled off was telling. I don't know if it is the sulks with him or a complete loss of confidence and form, which is a shame as he is a shadow of the player he was last year. I would imagine from watching his interviews which are very interesting that he sets such a high standard for himself. He must be as disappointed with himself as we are I would think.

As for Bradley, maybe needs resting. I don't know how many booking he is on but he usually gets a few so we have to factor in suspensions. Brian wilson needs to be tested and rewarded with a start in his own position, and he and Noble did very well together and I'd like to see more.

The rumour I was given was that Bradley has asked to leave, apparantly upset that he wasn't told about everton putting a bid in for him

I do take everything with a pinch of salt including the one about Mcindoe off to Cardiff in Jan

What I will say its obvious that something is defintley going on behind the scenes, team look all at sorts. Wonder if Johnson is starting to lose the dressing room, I hope not

The rumour I was given was that Bradley has asked to leave, apparantly upset that he wasn't told about everton putting a bid in for him

I do take everything with a pinch of salt including the one about Mcindoe off to Cardiff in Jan

What I will say its obvious that something is defintley going on behind the scenes, team look all at sorts. Wonder if Johnson is starting to lose the dressing room, I hope not

When did they put this offer in?

Orr only signed a new contract after the Hull game....Surely if Everton were interested he wouldn't have signed (I'm sure Everton officials would inform his agent)

Poor marking by Bradley for the crucial 3rd goal at Palace.

GJ wanted to make defensive changes so you drop those who made mistakes. On this occasion it was Orr, unfortunately for him. Combined with Wilson having been stuck out of position at LB, with McAllister returning it was a chance to give him a go in his best position.

He'll get over it and I'm sure he'll be back in soon.

People demand changes after poor performances, then when they happen all of a sudden it's conspiracies, transfer requests & bust-ups. As GJ says in his interview on the main site, 26 into 16 doesn't go.

Chap on Radio Bristol after the game said that he had spoken to Bradley and asked why he wasnt playing. He said that he had been bombed out and is on the transfer list in January.

Not too sure, sounds like a load of tosh to me

Thoughts ?

never a day without drama at ashton gate we got wilson anyway.....

That wasnt quite what was said was it!

divy on the radio: I spoke to Bradley before the game and he told me that he had been dropped and was going on the transferlist in jan.

twenty piece: what Bradley actually told you that.

divey on the radio: well........ No! someone else in the bar said that he was going on the transfer list.

look i heard him talking to you and he said he was going to the jan sales....x

You would of heard all this before about reliable sources but i can assure you mine is, Bradley has been transfer listed because hes not signing his contract.

send him back to prison then , love the blokes desire ( well i did ) he could easily go the same way as richard keogh ( backwards ) be careful bradley the grass isnt always greener

So, he signs a contract for x years to play for City - But if he does not agree to re-sign, we won't pick him, so the contact for x years is actually for x years - 6 Months, but will full pay for x years. Bradley is still under contract, he signed for x years, and at the end of that period, he becomes a free agent, exactly the same as every other person employed under a fixed-term contract. If City no longer wanted him, they would have no hesitation in not renewing the contract, so is Bradley acting any differently to how City would act? Maybe it's time that GJ accepted that is how football contracts work, and learns to live with it. If Bradley wants to see what other offers are made in the summer, it is his prerogative.

So, he signs a contract for x years to play for City - But if he does not agree to re-sign, we won't pick him, so the contact for x years is actually for x years - 6 Months, but will full pay for x years. Bradley is still under contract, he signed for x years, and at the end of that period, he becomes a free agent, exactly the same as every other person employed under a fixed-term contract. If City no longer wanted him, they would have no hesitation in not renewing the contract, so is Bradley acting any differently to how City would act? Maybe it's time that GJ accepted that is how football contracts work, and learns to live with it. If Bradley wants to see what other offers are made in the summer, it is his prerogative.

I understand what your saying but i think he would be better off geting his head down and fighting for his place here , hes done it before he can do it again

A similar situation to Keogh, who would not sign the contract he was offerred. This forum was alive with posts saying let him go, too big for his boots etc. BCFC set the standard for Keogh, so I imagine its the same set of rules for Orr

In the interim we have Wilson who has played all over the park without complaint and deserves a run in his best position. Then we have Ribiero, well on the way to recovery and James Wilson, both players capable of playing right back. I may be wrong, but Bradley may have a take it or leave it decision to make.

Guest ashtonyate
Especially when we have both Wilsons and Ribeiro who'll be challenging for that position next season (although James Wilson is seen more as a centre half by GJ).

If he doesn't want to sign, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see his name circulated as available in January.

I would not mind seeing orr in midfield at least he is not powder puff and can shoot

Orr tried to play midfield under Tinman and could not cement a place there in league 1. I remember Bristol Boy and others going on about Orr playing right back as a junior and give him a go there. Eventually he got his free ride to regular selection at right back and imo does not have the skill or incisive ability for center midfield.

Orr tried to play midfield under Tinman and could not cement a place there in league 1. I remember Bristol Boy and others going on about Orr playing right back as a junior and give him a go there. Eventually he got his free ride to regular selection at right back and imo does not have the skill or incisive ability for center midfield.

People always jumping to wild conclusions on here....just becasue he has been dropped for one game, people with 'sources' say that he's off.

Really? Anybody fancy a wager?

So far people have predicted that Trundle, Fonts, Basso, Carey, Mcindoe, Johnson, Elliot are leaving...they havent

There have even been threads on here analysing players faces in the car park after games, discussing how glum they looked and how they sped out of the ca park in a huff so therefore they are off.

Ziderheads called it right when the said that people on here love to overdose on conspiricies.

People always jumping to wild conclusions on here....just becasue he has been dropped for one game, people with 'sources' say that he's off.

Really? Anybody fancy a wager?

So far people have predicted that Trundle, Fonts, Basso, Carey, Mcindoe, Johnson, Elliot are leaving...they havent

There have even been threads on here analysing players faces in the car park after games, discussing how glum they looked and how they sped out of the ca park in a huff so therefore they are off.

Ziderheads called it right when the said that people on here love to overdose on conspiricies.

` Your answer bears no relation to my post which you quoted.

Orr signed a new contract in 2006 for two years.

He hasn't yet signed a renewal apparently, so people are assuming that the same situation as Keogh may be developing.

They may well be right - but I won't be putting any money on it.

Actually GJ did say that all the players out of contract in 08 had extensions signed early this year - well before the playoff final, I think around Jan/Feb time. I'm sure Orr would have been offered more than a year.

I remember GJ saying that he expects all of them to sign, but the OS states Orr signed a 2 year deal in 2006, nothing else.

The OS could be out of date (wouldn't be the first time) - as I said earlier I wouldn't put money on Orr going the same way as Keogh.

We didn't get news about individual contracts extensions in the last year, presumably it was done quietly to keep people focussed on the league campaign, but at some point after the fact there was definitely a general statement that the players out of contract were all signed up well before the playoff final.

Archived