IGNORED

Bradley Orr - Transfer Listed (now Confirmed)

Whale Eye Beef Hooked

Taken from Official website

Bradley Orr has been transfer-listed by City after rejecting his latest contract offer.

The defender's current deal is due to expire at the end of the season and he has informed the club there is no intention to sign a new one.

Bradley will be at the club until January at least, when the transfer window re-opens, when manager Gary Johnson expects him to depart Ashton Gate.

"Brad was offered a contract in July along with a lot of the other lads," revealed Gary on Bristol City World. "Brad turned down the contract, while other defenders and midfielders signed up on similar money.

"We gave him one more opportunity to sign the other day and made it clear it had to be a 'yes' or a 'no' answer. If at this point then everything's great, but if it's a no then we have to look at recouping some money for him in January, otherwise he walks on a free at the end of the season

"I can't see him as a first team player if I know, in his head, he's somewhere. In any adversity we need people fighting for the club, for me, the chairman and his team-mates.

"Brad would say he'd do that, but human nature dictates that if things don't quite go well then others could bring up the fact that he hasn't committed to the club.

"He's been great for two-and-a-half years, he's made the decision himself and he'll be moving on, hopefully in January if there's something out there. If not then he's probably made a poor decision. We will circulate his name."

Guest ashtonyate

I for one will be sad to see him go not the greats footballer in the world but always gave everything, and for all that have a go at him about the fight down town he has been ok since that incident. I suppose another handgranaed by the Manager any Yeovil Full backs around.

I have to say that the prison thing aside he seemed a nice chap on the sidelines with plenty of time for the kids. This is really dissapointing news as at least he could have signed a one year extention so we at least got something for him as it stands no one will touch him in jan and we will get bugger all for him in the summer

Cheers Brad made me know for certain now that never to attach to a player as a favourite as they will always let you down completely

after we all put these things behind us like the prison sentence an take him on as a fan favourite and then he decides he wants to go then fine sod off brad just another mercenary footballer

I really can't see him going the same way as Keogh.

He's got championship experience under his belt and was named PFA championship fullback of the season last season.

He'll be snapped up in January for a fair few quid.

Thinking about it in the current economic climate I can see most interested clubs offering very little and hoping City take it or waiting till the summer. He will probably go on the 31st of Jan for what ever we can get for him, just to get some money

Guest ashtonyate
I really can't see him going the same way as Keogh.

He's got championship experience under his belt and was named PFA championship fullback of the season last season.

He'll be snapped up in January for a fair few quid.

well if I was him I wait until my contract ran out then get a big signing on fee for the sake of a few months he would be a lot better off ,but I don't think its all about money there other things as well

Fair play to him, I wouldn't want to be looking to secure a lucrative long term contract in the current financial situation.

Who's going to have money to through at a generally average/competent right-back who has probably reached the limit of his ability level? If there is any money left in football for high wages then i'm sure it won't be going on full backs.

Orr in April, after beening named in the PFA team of the year

"It's just a big thank you to all the lads and everyone involved because without them, none of this would have been possible.

"I'm just thankful that I've got good people around me and people who you can confide in whenever the chips are down.

"It's fantastic to be at a club like this, surrounded by people who you can call your mates - every single one of them."

I wonder whats changed?

Orr in April, after beening named in the PFA team of the year

"It's just a big thank you to all the lads and everyone involved because without them, none of this would have been possible.

"I'm just thankful that I've got good people around me and people who you can confide in whenever the chips are down.

"It's fantastic to be at a club like this, surrounded by people who you can call your mates - every single one of them."

I wonder whats changed?

He wants more dosh because if he was thankful he would have signed the extra 12mths unless the deal was less than he is on.

Can't really see we will get much for him on this seasons form as he was barely cutting it and what is left of his contract. looks tawdry considering how the club and Manager loyally stood by him. Right decision get rid.

But wasn't there teams rumored to be looking at him last season?

I would agree, if his heart isn't with the club, he's better off somewhere else :disapointed2se:

Guest ashtonyate
He wants more dosh because if he was thankful he would have signed the extra 12mths unless the deal was less than he is on.

The problem is he is a man doing a job if he think that he can earn a better liven some where else then you can blame him for looking after his intress if he lost from and was not wanted when his contract ran out no one would blame the Club if they never renewed it. You got to seperate supporters the Club from people earning a living

Always had a soft spot for Bradley (even nicked his right boot after the Rotherham game!) so i'm disappointed by this news. Has always seemed to get by more through determination than ability and I can't see him playing at a higher level than this.

With regards to all the negative comments about loyalty (or lack thereof), he's gotta look out for his family's interests financially and (as some have suggested) location-wise. I'm sure most of us would do the same...

I don't think his absence will have a massive impact on the team with Wilson capable and Ribeiro coming through, so I can only wish him all the best.

Good luck Bradders, thanks for the memories!

The problem is he is a man doing a job if he think that he can earn a better liven some where else then you can blame him for looking after his intress if he lost from and was not wanted when his contract ran out no one would blame the Club if they never renewed it. You got to seperate supporters the Club from people earning a living

Are the pubs open.............

So the club sticking by him when he went to jail is irrelevant then?

Anyone have idea how much we might get for him? Would happily use this money to add quality to the midfield, Wilson is a more than able replacement.

Probably nothing. The club is now in a very weak position with regards to negotiating a transfer fee. City should have sorted out any contract issues in the close season at the latest. There's every chance he will leave for a knock down fee or nothing at all. P1$$ poor planning all round.

If I was headhunted by a rival firm and offered a more attractive deal I'd probably take it, that's life.

Yes, but do your firm's customers come round and clap and sing your name when you're working (and moan when you miss the bin with the coffee cup you tried to throw into it)?

No it's not irrelevant, but that is ancient history now and I would argue that he has more than repaid that loyalty with his performances over the past 2 seasons.

Agreed. Unfortunately football is now a business. After all the club is only as loyal as players are playing well. Hence there is no loyalty in this game anymore. Players and clubs have to look out for themselves.

He's on more money than most fans can ever dream of and another twelve months on top of his current contract would have shown his determination to prove he was worth another extension. Hardly andrex material this.

Archived