IGNORED

Reserves Game Today

whitey_03

Anyway seeing as I did start this thread purely to see how Miller did in the reserves today, it seems he did score and had it rules out for off-side!!

Can any of the forum members, who like to do all the stats etc, maybe tell me how many goals Lee Miller has scored this season, and for whatever reason had them chopped off??

PS. Nice to see Lucy adding a little reply, how are we doing? :clap:

ah mate don't take it all so serioulsy, i'm sure you could look in almost every thread and find a comment that was just said in jest. Cor blimey can't people lighten up a bit :clap:
Yet when questioned, you come biting back saying it was all in jest, in a serious tone.

Don't be such a hypocrit, you're talking rubbish.

Lucy's doing just fine and thanks you all for providing her with a good hour of entertainment after a hard day :D
You know me always happy to have a laugh, most times!!

Must make a change that Peacock isnt getting slated!!

Will you be gracing me with your presence on MSN later? ( I know this is nothing to do with Bristol City but hey ) :D

For NailseaRed, sorry mate if this thread has gotten out of hand, there is a simple explaination, but its not my place to tell you it!! Good for the forum though dont you admit?? :clap:

I would love to hear how you can get all that from just one line?

I think you'll find the following :

Attended all home games this season : YES

Attended as many away games as were possible : YES

City til I die (no matter what clubs my family play for!) : YES

Near on obsessive city fan : YES

Totally commited to supporting City : YES

Would do anything for promotion : YES

Will support ANY player in a City shirt : YES

Would be interested if you could agree with any of those too. I'm not saying that you can't say yes to any of them, because I won't judge you without meeting you, just out of curiousity how long have you supported Bristol City?

Sorry if i took YOUR comments too seriously, but I take my support for the club seriously, and take insult at people saying I don't support the club when they don't know me from Adam.

So much for in jest, eh.

Bristol Boy do you honestly think Lita or Marvin Brown would have done any better than Miller has this season??

I think the real question is if Lita, Marvin or Roberts would have done better partnering Miller. Than Peacock did/does.

I don't think Peacock makes his strike patner better, I think any of the rest of the 4 do. I've been impressed with Miller off the ball, something no one is going to say about old LP.

Grannyjoy did not go quiet, merely drove home after starting work at 6:30am.

Sorry if you have taken offence NR, but I did not base my comment on just this one post, and I think maybe we are all reading far too much into this.

I do not doubt that you support the Club, but I think its clear you do not support the whole team.

That is your right, as it is the right of all other supporters to have favourites.

Glad Citygal was amused (please don't take offence) but I think her post may have been different if we had been talking about Lee P.

There is no way you can measure who is the better supporter, some people would rather not criticise on such a personal level, I'm afraid I'm one of them.

I was sad at your initial comment, but then many comments on here have dissapointed me, until I worked out that all these comments were made by the same few over and over again. As the majority of City fans have been absolutely brilliant, they more than make up for those few.

Anyway ADAM :clap: I look forward to being there, when we gain automatic promotion , after the Blackpool game, and no matter who was playing, would be delighted to share a toast with you:- To the future of Bristol City, ( might even include Bristol Boy in that)

Sorry if you have taken offence NR, but I did not base my comment on just this one post, and I think maybe we are all reading far too much into this.

I do not doubt that you support the Club, but I think its clear you do not support the whole team.

That is your right, as it is the right of all other supporters to have favourites.

Glad Citygal was amused (please don't take offence) but I think her post may have been different if we had been talking about Lee P.

There is no way you can measure who is the better supporter, some people would rather not criticise on such a personal level, I'm afraid I'm one of them.

I was sad at your initial comment, but then many comments on here have dissapointed me, until I worked out that all these comments were made by the same few over and over again. As the majority of City fans have been absolutely brilliant, they more than make up for those few.

Anyway ADAM :clap: I look forward to being there, when we gain automatic promotion , after the Blackpool game, and no matter who was playing, would be delighted to share a toast with you:- To the future of Bristol City, ( might even include Bristol Boy in that)

No offence taken.... Comments about Lee P dont bother me anymore. I dont bother biting because i know i can have my views and you can have yours.

I wasnt laughing at the fact the post was concerning Lee Miller, simply laughing at everyone biting at eachother when i read the comments in a light hearted way (most of them anyway) sorry if i was wrong?!

Bristol Boy do you honestly think Lita or Marvin Brown would have done any better than Miller has this season??

Granted you will always fall back on the fact Miller has had the same service Peacock has, but when Miller was playing up front with Peacock, the system was played to hit Peacock as the main striker, so he should naturally get more chances and effectively more goals!!

Many people have said it, Miller seemed to look the type of player he has the potential to be when he was being played as the main striker, with Robbo playing off him!!

I know you feel I am fighting his cause mainly because he is a friend, but I can tell you its not. I just feel saying Miller has had as much service as Peacock is wrong. And to bring up another point, how many games has Miller completed the 90 minutes this season??

I'm not asking you to come on here and change your opinion over night on Miller, it just seems you are far to quick to write him off as a waste of money, when he hasnt completed his first season in a new league, surely the real test comes next season when he has to show what he has learned!!

I dont know why people dont see it but miller is so much better than peacock. He is better at heading it , he wins more flick ons , brings other players into the game and CAN FINNISH. Peacock on the other hand has played probably 90% of the games this season from start to finnish , he cant finnish , he wins hardly enough headers and flick ons for his height and stature , and is a greedy b*gger. For example against luton away , roberts was going clean through so the cock decides to tackle him. He also hardly ever gets into goalscoring positions as had already been pointed out. Ok so miller did miss a sitter against swindon , but how many sitters has peacock missed this season , probably more goals than he has scored i can tell you that. Peacock works his socks off but is not effective as a striker , i actually think he would be good as a midfielder or as a centre back , he seems to win more defencive headers than attacking ones and i would certainly rather have him there than butler!

I think we have of come to the conclusion (after many many threads on the subject) that some people like Miller and some people like Peacock. They both have their faults and both have their pluses
What I don't get is why people conduct the "debate" as though they are comparing like with like.

There's six years age difference for a start - Miller will be the same age in 2007 (the end of his current contract) as Peacock was when we signed him four years ago. It is perfectly reasonable to expect more of the senior professional than the rookie.

So much for in jest, eh.
Ah i see I think you've got confused. The comment I was referring to as made in jest was in fact my one line post previous in the thread not the one that you just quoted. I didn't mean I don't ever write a serious post. Sorry I hope you are unconfused now :dunno:

Anyway ADAM :) I look forward to being there, when we gain automatic promotion , after the Blackpool game, and no matter who was playing, would be delighted to share a toast with you:- To the future of Bristol City, ( might even include Bristol Boy in that)

I'd just like you to clarify some of the points you have made in this post.

"but I think its clear you do not support the whole team."

How is this clear? and you are wrong, i do support the whole team. OK that's one thing corrected. be interested to know how you came to this conclusion.

"some people would rather not criticise on such a personal level, I'm afraid I'm one of them"

So your previous post involving the use of a dictionary and saying I was a disloyal supporter of the club was not aimed at a personal level? How else was it aimed? It was a direct reply to my post so surely that is personal? Maybe i shuold borrow your dictionary and look up the word personal :dunno:

"As the majority of City fans have been absolutely brilliant, they more than make up for those few"

Was this comment indicating that you think I am not in this majority that you mention? Maybe I have misread it, but is that what you meant?

No offence meant but i'll share the toast with the people I have shared the ups and downs with over the season and people who will be just as delighted as me at seeing our city boys go up, ones that have been there supporting the team with me over the past few seasons.

Just one question, don't want it to come out the wrong way but would you support city if your son hadn't signed for us?

I'd just like you to clarify some of the points you have made in this post.

How is this clear? and you are wrong, i do support the whole team. OK that's one thing corrected. be interested to know how you came to this conclusion.

"some people would rather not criticise on such a personal level, I'm afraid I'm one of them"

So your previous post involving the use of a dictionary and saying I was a disloyal supporter of the club was not aimed at a personal level? How else was it aimed? It was a direct reply to my post so surely that is personal? Maybe i shuold borrow your dictionary and look up the word personal  :dunno:

"As the majority of City fans have been absolutely brilliant, they more than make up for those few"

Was this comment indicating that you think I am not in this majority that you mention? Maybe I have misread it, but is that what you meant?

No offence meant but i'll share the toast with the people I have shared the ups and downs with over the season and people who will be just as delighted as me at seeing our city boys go up, ones that have been there supporting the team with me over the past few seasons.

Just one question, don't want it to come out the wrong way but would you support city if your son hadn't signed for us?

I'm sorry you continue to take offence at my comments NR, I thought my smiling smillie would do the trick, and not confuse as you non smiling one did in the first place.

Reading posts throughout the season its not difficult to see which players certain members like and dislike. In my opinion you dislike LeeM, and would rather anyone else played than him. That is your right, but that is why my conclusion was, you do not support the whole team.

"some people would rather not criticise * on such a personal level, I'm afraid I'm one of them"

Firtsly I did not say you were a disloyal supporter of the Club, and should have put "players" , where marked * as I explained above, I feel a fan loyal to the team should get behind each and every one of them, with positive comments and encouragement.

No NR you are not among the fans I have encountered who I think are great - I have not met you, and your personal message to me was brief . I did however suggest that as City fans we could toast the teams success, I'm sorry you declined this, and worry that you maybe feel no one new has the right to support your team. I have shared the ups & downs of this season, and if you think about on a much deeper level than most.

No I would not - in truth I would not have been aware of the Club at all.

Does that make me any less a supporter now?

I'm sorry you continue to take offence at my comments NR, I thought my smiling smillie would do the trick, and not confuse as you non smiling one did in the first place.

Reading posts throughout the season its not difficult to see which players certain members like and dislike. In my opinion you dislike LeeM, and would rather anyone else played than him. That is your right, but that is why my conclusion was, you do not support the whole team.

"some people would rather not criticise * on such a personal level, I'm afraid I'm one of them"

Firtsly I did not say you were a disloyal supporter of the Club, and should have put "players" , where marked * as I explained above, I feel a fan loyal to the team should get behind each and every one of them, with positive comments and encouragement.

No NR you are not among the fans I have encountered who I think are great - I have not met you, and your personal message to me was brief . I did however suggest that as City fans we could toast the teams success, I'm sorry you declined this, and worry that you maybe feel no one new has the right to support your team. I have shared the ups & downs of this season, and if you think about on a much deeper level than most.

No I would not - in truth I would not have been aware of the Club at all.

Does that make me any less a supporter now?

What would you class as support for the whole team? You come sit with me at a game and then say i don't support every single member of the team and squad, before then I don't think you are in a position to be able to say that. Just because I rate certain players above others does NOT mean I don't support them. If LM is on the pitch in a City shirt I will support him and will him on to play as well as he could, so that isn't support? I can have a go at the team from behind a radio, I don't need to travel upto Tranmere on a wednesday night to be a 'non-supporter'. Surely another time to check your dictionary! Come on, come sit with me at Barnsley and i'll show you how I support the team I love.

I think I see the whole basis behind your posts on this thread are the fact that I don't rate Miller over Peacock and hence in your eyes that means I don't support him! That seems a rather bizarre conclusion to come to, and you jumped to a conclusion wrongly.

"Firtsly I did not say you were a disloyal supporter of the Club, and should have put "players" , where marked * as I explained above, "

In the context of the sentence it read as the star was supporters not players, because in the first half of the sentence you said supporters.

"and worry that you maybe feel no one new has the right to support your team"

you worry wrongly. I welcome any new fans, aslong as they show support for the club then they are more than welcome. Especially fans that feel they can be dedicated long term no matter who is playing for the team. If LM leaves will you still support the club whole heartedly? I don't see you as any less of a fan but the way you have come into contact with the club is different to a vast majority of the fans and worry for the longevity of your support. I can see on here that 5/10 years down the line we will all continue to be die hard fans of the club, will you be able to say that?

you worry wrongly. I welcome any new fans, aslong as they show support for the club then they are more than welcome. Especially fans that feel they can be dedicated long term no matter who is playing for the team. If LM leaves will you still support the club whole heartedly? I don't see you as any less of a fan but the way you have come into contact with the club is different to a vast majority of the fans and worry for the longevity of your support. I can see on here that 5/10 years down the line we will all continue to be die hard fans of the club, will you be able to say that?
Look I think we need to pick up the toys which have been thrown out the pram here, and move on!!

This all started when you made a comment, which you have said all along was as a joke, ok fair enough you knew it was a joke, many of the rest of me included didnt know that, and thought it was a serious comment. Myself and Grannyjoy obviously know Lee personally, and as you said in a previous reply to me, you said if it was someone you knew personally you would stick up for them because thats what friends do. Ok I can see why you have got you feathers ruffled by Grannyjoys reply to your original post, but you need to realise your comment has hurt her and much as her comment hurt you!!!

We all come on here because we like to keep up to speed with City, and of course some are more diehard fans than others, but we all like to see the same thing, City succeed. I know you will think the same of me as you do Grannyjoy, that unless Lee had signed her, i wouldnt have bothered with City. Correct. But now that he has came here this team will always be in my thoughts, as is Falkirk his previous club!!!

I feel responsible for this continual war of words, as it is turning into, as I started the post, if i hadnt then this wouldnt have happened!! Lets just be civil, people say things when they are angry!!

Can we stop with all the diehard fan stuff.... We're all fans on here some may attend more away games than others or whatever but it doesnt mean they are any less of a fan.

NailseaRed is one of the most passionate and comitted supporters ive had the pleasure to meet and it wont change whether we're in division one or the conference i can assure you of that!!!

GrannyJoy has obviously come into contact with our club through Lee, fair play and i know she supports the club as much as her son. The more the merrier :)

We have the matter of an important away game on Sunday - lets start getting behind the boys for one last push for auto!

Come on you reds :dunno:

Look I think we need to pick up the toys which have been thrown out the pram here, and move on!!

This all started when you made a comment, which you have said all along was as a joke, ok fair enough you knew it was a joke, many of the rest of me included didnt know that, and thought it was a serious comment. Myself and Grannyjoy obviously know Lee personally, and as you said in a previous reply to me, you said if it was someone you knew personally you would stick up for them because thats what friends do. Ok I can see why you have got you feathers ruffled by Grannyjoys reply to your original post, but you need to realise your comment has hurt her and much as her comment hurt you!!!

We all come on here because we like to keep up to speed with City, and of course some are more diehard fans than others, but we all like to see the same thing, City succeed. I know you will think the same of me as you do Grannyjoy, that unless Lee had signed her, i wouldnt have bothered with City. Correct. But now that he has came here this team will always be in my thoughts, as is Falkirk his previous club!!!

I feel responsible for this continual war of words, as it is turning into, as I started the post, if i hadnt then this wouldnt have happened!! Lets just be civil, people say things when they are angry!!

Just don't like my passion for the club being wrongly questioned. I don't see that I have actually said anything that is wrong, yet I have been falsely accused of not supporting the whole of Bristol City, and my passion is such that I refuse to take that lying down. Maybe it shows how seriously I take my support of the club but I will not apolgise for that. City til I die, and when I chant that I'm proud as I can be because i know it will always be true. No-one can say anything worse than say I am disloyal to this club.

Guest ScottishRed

Lee Miller was tipped as one of the brightest talents north of the border with many SPL clubs and Everton interested. Although I'm a Hibs fan, I followed his progress at Falkirk and was hoping Hibs would sign him. I've been in Bristol for 20 years now and have supported City down South since then.

I just don't understand how some fans don't rate him as a player. Bearing in mind, he's only 20, his awareness and off the ball running are superb. This isn't seen by many who support City, probably because they have never played any level of football. Some players you realise how much you miss them when they're not playing and this is the case with Lee Miller. His link up play is exceptional and has been sorely missed in recent weeks. Many of Lita's goals he scored coming on as a sub were helped by the fact that Miller had run defenders into the ground.

There's a fickle bunch at Ashton Gate, who will slag off players one minute and praise them the next. Who would have thought a few years ago that Brian Tinnion would be the hero at Ashton Gate given some of the moronic abuse him and his family received a few years ago. Now he can do no wrong.

Just give Lee Miller the chance and don't judge him on one miss. At least he got in the position. The danger of young players is they would start to hide. I just hope some of the stick he receives doesn't affect him. Anyone who knows anythinmg about football can clearly see that Lee Miller is a quality player. By no means the finished article, but give him time.

What would you class as support for the whole team? You come sit with me at a game and then say i don't support every single member of the team and squad, before then I don't think you are in a position to be able to say that. Just because I rate certain players above others does NOT mean I don't support them. If LM is on the pitch in a City shirt I will support him and will him on to play as well as he could, so that isn't support? I can have a go at the team from behind a radio, I don't need to travel upto Tranmere on a wednesday night to be a 'non-supporter'. Surely another time to check your dictionary! Come on, come sit with me at Barnsley and i'll show you how I support the team I love.

I think I see the whole basis behind your posts on this thread are the fact that I don't rate Miller over Peacock and hence in your eyes that means I don't support him! That seems a rather bizarre conclusion to come to, and you jumped to a conclusion wrongly.

"Firtsly I did not say you were a disloyal supporter of the Club, and should have put "players" , where marked * as I explained above, "

In the context of the sentence it read as the star was supporters not players, because in the first half of the sentence you said supporters.

"and worry that you maybe feel no one new has the right to support your team"

I'm afraid we should just agree to disagree NR. We have come to where we are now, from completely different routes, now having in common one thing, we both want success for Bristol City Football Club.

Your original post did not anger me, nor upset me, merely dismayed me, that the incident at Swindon was brought up yet again.

I have been a supporter of football for the best part of 30 odd years, and I feel that the ups and downs I have experienced during that time, more than qualifies me to support whichever team I want to, for whatever length of time I can, and makes me no less a supporter than anyone else.

Thanks to those who have sent me personal messages regarding this, and I repeat my previously refused offer, to share a toast to the future success of Bristol City Football Club, after the Blackpool game.

GrannyJoy : Not everyone is going to be a huge fan of Lee, do you think you are able to accept that and express your views without getting angry?
I can imagine how hurtful it is Joy to see comments about Lee all the time which may not be that nice to read but as you say everyone does have their favourites and its perhaps not fair to get angry and question people's support of the club as a result of them critising Lee or whatever.

As NailseaRed said that is the ultimate insult when we're talking City.... :dunno:

I'm afraid we should just agree to disagree NR. We have come to where we are now, from completely different routes, now having in common one thing, we both want success for Bristol City Football Club.

Your original post did not anger me, nor upset me, merely dismayed me, that the incident at Swindon was brought up yet again.

I have been a supporter of football for the best part of 30 odd years, and I feel that the ups and downs I have experienced during that time, more than qualifies me to support whichever team I want to, for whatever length of time I can, and makes me no less a supporter than anyone else.

Thanks to those who have sent me personal messages regarding this, and I repeat my previously refused offer, to share a toast to the future success of Bristol City Football Club, after the Blackpool game.

you said i dont wholey support the club, do you retract that comment now then? why would i want success if i didn't wholey support the club? you

Didn't anger you? Yes it did that's why you started insulting me!

Sorry i just see long term support as a sign of dedication to the club. The club would be in a mess if people changed their mind as to whether they supported the club every couple of weeks! Are you saying that's it's possible you could be supporting the gas next season?!

NailseaRed, why keep digging here, agree to disagree shows willingness to give up and stop arguing!!

Give it a rest please :@

Archived