IGNORED

Lj Fit Again!

bcfcmike

Personally, I'd play an extra midfielder anyway and keep Elliott and Skuse in there behind Noble or Trundle in the hole, and Maynard up front on his own.

We'll have no Carey, so the extra protection that would afford us wouldn't be a bad idea, in my opinion.

Personally, I'd play an extra midfielder anyway and keep Elliott and Skuse in there behind Noble or Trundle in the hole, and Maynard up front on his own.

We'll have no Carey, so the extra protection that would afford us wouldn't be a bad idea, in my opinion.

Yep - that would be my prefered formation as a well. The extra man in midfield can make all the difference especially away from home although I'm not sure that Maynard should be the lone Striker. Stern John would be my option. He has far more experience of the CCC.

Surely you can't hold Skuse and Elliot as the sole reason we havn't won?

Elliot is capable of unleashing a beast of a shot and Skuse's vision and

passing are significantly better when playing with Elliot.

No not the sole reason. But isnt exactly a pairing which will WIN football matches is it?

Yep - that would be my prefered formation as a well. The extra man in midfield can make all the difference especially away from home although I'm not sure that Maynard should be the lone Striker. Stern John would be my option. He has far more experience of the CCC.

I agree. I just have this romantic notion of Trundle slotting balls through channels for Maynard to run onto, but you're quite right about John's experience.

don't see him as a bench player - not an impact player or strong denfensivley, either needs to start or be out of the 16 IMO

I expect him to be on the bench as skuse and elliot have looked good! But IMO he will bring nothing to the team as a sub! And is just a wasted position on the bench!

I don't think LJ making the XI will improve the side at all. If we add a midfielder to the middle I'd far rather it was Noble.

I've not see much value from LJ at all this season, none defensively and very little creativity from open play going forwards. His set pieces are fairly useful but so are McIndoe's and that's not enough on it's own.

I don't think LJ making the XI will improve the side at all. If we add a midfielder to the middle I'd far rather it was Noble.

I've not see much value from LJ at all this season, none defensively and very little creativity from open play going forwards. His set pieces are fairly useful but so are McIndoe's and that's not enough on it's own.

I think he will come back in but maybe in a 5 man midfield - GJ said on Talksport this week (and I heard him say it) along the lines that if someone plays well then they will stay in because if you drop them, they will not perform for you when called upon again.

From what i've heard, CS did well, and lets be honest, if we have to be defensive and avoid defeats then thats the way to go in the short term isn't it?

I think he will come back in but maybe in a 5 man midfield - GJ said on Talksport this week (and I heard him say it) along the lines that if someone plays well then they will stay in because if you drop them, they will not perform for you when called upon again.

From what i've heard, CS did well, and lets be honest, if we have to be defensive and avoid defeats then thats the way to go in the short term isn't it?

So why put LJ in? Noble's available and has contributed more this season despite being out wide. He helps us retain the ball far more and is a much more natural fit in front of a defensive central midfield pair.

If GJ says that when players play well they should stay in why hasn't he applied it to Noble and Trundle after they've put in great performances off the bench?

I agree. I just have this romantic notion of Trundle slotting balls through channels for Maynard to run onto, but you're quite right about John's experience.

Personally I've always liked the 4-5-1 (away especially, but also at home).

I think it's just a question of putting the right players into the right positions to make it work. The supporting midfielder is the most important player in that role; they have to get their foot on the ball, get involved and support the front man whenever possible. The problem with that shape recently was Noble's lack of influence. He made some nice touches and linked things together well, as he always does, but whoever plays in the hole has to get much more involved and not let the game pass them by. But an on-song Noble (likewise Trundle, in my opinion) in that role makes us tick.

Natural width is also vital, and a five-man midfield would be so much more effective with McIndoe and Sproule instead of someone like Williams on the right. You have three in the middle so there's less need to tuck in.

It's a good shape and, arguably, is one that best suits the players at our disposal.

I agree with the point Robbored made re: John, but I'd go with Maynard in there for extra mobility.

So why put LJ in? Noble's available and has contributed more this season despite being out wide. He helps us retain the ball far more and is a much more natural fit in front of a defensive central midfield pair.

If GJ says that when players play well they should stay in why hasn't he applied it to Noble and Trundle after they've put in great performances off the bench?

I wouldn't have LJ in the team - I just said what I thought might happen - Noble for me until its proved he isn't worth a place.

Well i think LJ should get back in, if we go 5 in midfield, Noble flatters alot but gives nothing really, people on here just don't understand what LJ brings to the team, he was man of the match against Southampton, same against Birmingham, but he still gets slagged off on here, he is a vital cog in this team, we must remember last year, he was injured at the end and in my oppinion that cost us automatic promotion, not because he is a match winner in his own right but because the way Gary Johnson sets up his teams.

i would just like to see more positives on here for any player that wears the red shirt, of course we have a right to our own oppinions but i think in LJs case its more than that !!!!.

Well i think LJ should get back in, if we go 5 in midfield, Noble flatters alot but gives nothing really, people on here just don't understand what LJ brings to the team, he was man of the match against Southampton, same against Birmingham, but he still gets slagged off on here, he is a vital cog in this team, we must remember last year, he was injured at the end and in my oppinion that cost us automatic promotion, not because he is a match winner in his own right but because the way Gary Johnson sets up his teams.

i would just like to see more positives on here for any player that wears the red shirt, of course we have a right to our own oppinions but i think in LJs case its more than that !!!!.

You're absolutely right - we do have a right to our own opinions, and I don't happen to rate LJ i'm afraid, and you're right again that I don't understand what he brings to the team.

Our form was shite the latter part of last season, with or without LJ, and it's pretty well carried on this term so far.

I think he will play if truly fit but hope it's in a five.

I'm a great fan of Lee Johnson, but even I have to admit that he really hasn't been the player he was last year, not since his injury against Watford really. I know many players haven't recreated last years form either, McIndoe for one, Elliott for another, the list could go on and on. On occasions I have felt embarrassed for Lee, whether his confidence is shot to pieces, he's still carrying an injury or just can't do what is being asked of him, it's pitiful. I think he really needs to be taken out of the equation for everyone's sake.

We need to be upping our game, especially at home, it's our ground and we need to be both creative and fight for ball. Football this season is just on the whole passing us by, we are mere bystanders, rabbits in headlights in many matches. Fight back, pride is at stake, and seemingly careers too.

I don't think it's ever easy when you get caught in a downward spiral, so easy to be all sucked in together. We have motivation coaches, chaplins, and other advisors. Maybe a bit of team building, didn't they go paintballing once? I'm not saying reward bad results but sometimes the thought of training and extra hard training to those who physically and mentally have collapsed must be hard. I'm not saying we have completely folded yet, but it must seem like it's not far off to some.

We've lost our spark. If I knew how to get that back I'd sell it to any manager and make a fortune!

Despite the actual results in the last 2 games.

I think they have actually proved that we are a better team without LJ. The midfield is actually strong and the wingers can actually play as wingers.

That said, 2 unamed players are suffering from colds and will be assesed tomorrow? is that an pre-emptive excuse for Skuse to be dropped? I'd have suspected it to be Trundle and Noble but since neither of them are deemed first team starting players at the moment, I doubt it would have been mentioned for them.

You're absolutely right - we do have a right to our own opinions, and I don't happen to rate LJ i'm afraid, and you're right again that I don't understand what he brings to the team.

Our form was shite the latter part of last season, with or without LJ, and it's pretty well carried on this term so far.

I think he will play if truly fit but hope it's in a five.

Thats fine, we cant all be the same, i don't rate Noble, and i don't understand what he brings to the team !!!, i don't think LJ will play, he will be on the bench, he can deliver the ball better than anyone else, so if we need a goal, a set piece might be needed, but i hope it isnt.

I do agree that this season we just havnt got going, but we will buy in January, then watch us go, 2 wins and we are back in the hunt, lets hope it starts saturday

Archived