IGNORED

Urgent: Section 27

The FSF

The latest move to fight against section 27 with the FSF teaming up with liberty a civil rights group.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/news/Watching-footba...not-a-crime.php

Excellent. :clapping:

Just for our Police to get this fact clear in their collective heads.......

Watching Football is not a crime !!!!!!!

Source: http://www.fsf.org.uk/uploaded/press-relea...rty_team_up.pdf

Hold the phone here guys, Having made some inquiries via various channels i have been told why the bus was turned back and maybe someone who was ACTUALLY ON THIS BUS could shed some light on things before we lay the boot in to the old bill, now they are no angels but lets get the story right first?

ALLEGADLY!

The open-top bus was pulled over by west midlands police after the complaints from various motorists

of people pissing from the top deck on to passing cars. When the bus was stopped,

the actions of a few on board gave west midlands police cause to call their colleagues in South Yorkshire.

The police commander there said that if the bus continued to sheffield it would be turned around on entering his area.

So the west midlands police then took the decision to send the bus back to the avon and somerset area.

And yes this was done under section 27, and for the record it does relate to avoid anti-social behaviour in the police discretional area.

Hold the phone here guys, Having made some inquiries via various channels i have been told why the bus was turned back and maybe someone who was ACTUALLY ON THIS BUS could shed some light on things before we lay the boot in to the old bill, now they are no angels but lets get the story right first?

ALLEGADLY!

The open-top bus was pulled over by west midlands police after the complaints from various motorists

of people pissing from the top deck on to passing cars. When the bus was stopped,

the actions of a few on board gave west midlands police cause to call their colleagues in South Yorkshire.

The police commander there said that if the bus continued to sheffield it would be turned around on entering his area.

So the west midlands police then took the decision to send the bus back to the avon and somerset area.

And yes this was done under section 27, and for the record it does relate to avoid anti-social behaviour in the police discretional area.

Thats fair enough CH if that did happen BUT are we trying to say that its right to send 40 people back to bristol if it was only a stupid few that were causing the problem, did those on the bottom deck know what was going on up top, very easy just to tarnish everbody with the same brush, if i pissed from an open top bus on a tour around Bristol/Bath would everybody suffer because of my actions, the point is the police have to be seen to be fair and their actions that day suggested that everybody on the bus was guilty of a crime which i don't believe for one moment that was a fact, it appears they took the easy way out which is not right and not legal, in other words if your a football fan you are guilty without charge :disapointed2se:

The West Midlands and West Mercia Police certainly are no angels. Amongst their numerous malicious and vindictive prosecutions, I'll always remember the episode of the West Midlands Police arresting our supporters for entering the Walsall ground after having been spotted in the Walsall FC Saddlers club having a pre-match pint. Also, the little - 5 year old? - lad allowed to wander around unattended while his Dad was being interrogated by the West Midlands Police at Bloxwich Walsall for the 'heinous crime' of having had a pre-match pint. This little episode of Police corruption ended up being reported in the Press and our supporters were found not guilty in court.

Thats fair enough CH if that did happen BUT are we trying to say that its right to send 40 people back to bristol if it was only a stupid few that were causing the problem, did those on the bottom deck know what was going on up top, very easy just to tarnish everbody with the same brush, if i pissed from an open top bus on a tour around Bristol/Bath would everybody suffer because of my actions, the point is the police have to be seen to be fair and their actions that day suggested that everybody on the bus was guilty of a crime which i don't believe for one moment that was a fact, it appears they took the easy way out which is not right and not legal, in other words if your a football fan you are guilty without charge :disapointed2se:

S27 is individually-based. There is no power to apply S27 collectively

against a group of people-

This Country is going to the dogs fast!

I know i agree others should not suffer for maybe 1 or 2 people but thats IF that happened as i take the west midlands

police with a pinch of salt, if drunk you got to be some sort of super man to piss from an open top bus going at 60 mpr

bare in mind wind direction and still hit a car with piss and stay on your feet :noexpression:

The old bills take on things

A pm i had from some one on the bus...........

A few people did have a piss in a watering can on the top deck yes; didn't see anyone chuck this over the side or piss directly onto the motorway though. Obviously not the best idea granted.

"When stopped, the behaviour of some of those on board gave west midlands police cause to call their colleagues in south Yorkshire..".

Everyone was on their best behaviour mate no one stepped out of line despite being baited for over an hour.

I never denied there was alcohol on the coach as that is a granted but no one was drunk or anywhere near it. No really stupid behaviour or execpt pissing in a watering can.

All that taken into account i still don't think they were right to send us back.

members of the jury you decide :innocent06:

It was obvious that there was more to it than met the eye....the bill don't just turn back a bus without some justification

By the sounds of it they saved you time and a lot more I expect as you were going to be turfed out of Sheffield when you got there anyway...and by then with a few more on board it may have been more than just turning back......with extra trips to Sheff for court appearances

Sounds like the pi55ing t#@s that ruined your day.....not the bill

Sorry but.......guilty as charged

It was obvious that there was more to it than met the eye....the bill don't just turn back a bus without some justification

By the sounds of it they saved you time and a lot more I expect as you were going to be turfed out of Sheffield when you got there anyway...and by then with a few more on board it may have been more than just turning back......with extra trips to Sheff for court appearances

fair comments but i'd say them not you as you as in me :noexpression: i was no where near this bus on the day :farmer:

this the police we are talking about? they do as they like!!

......within the law.

Seems very harsh that because of the actions of some the whole lot got turned back though. Perhaps if they had owned up to their actions, they would have been dealt with and the rest were able to carry on about their day.

Thank you cider head, an interesting and conflicting version of events.

I'd advise the jury to take into consideration the Colin Stag story where the Police were so hell bent on setting Colin Stag up for a murder he didn't commit that the real murderer was free to rape and kill. The same applies to our football supporters that were accosted and turned back by the notoriously corrupt West Midlands Police. Surely the West Midlands Police have got more important work to do other than commit so many of their officers into bullying our supporters ????!!!!!

The West Midlands Police are guilty - yet again - and should be force marched down the M5 motorway from Birmingham to Avonmouth docks ready to be transported to Russia. There they will learn the meaning of real work in minus 40 degrees centigrade of frost. :winner_third_h4h:

Let the people decide !!!!!

It's good that Liberty have got involved.

In the event of anything like this happening again:

1. Behave.

2. Record everything. Take names, numbers, pictures, video, audio etc.

3. Treat the police like human beings - you might get them to respond in kind.

4. Ask politely what grounds the police have for taking their actions. Find out exactly what they're basing their decisions on.

5. Do anything you can to remedy their concerns or explain why you cannot.

6. Ask them extra-nicely... bearing in mind your co-operation, if it's at all possible that you'll be allowed to continue on your way.

7. Get legal advice eg from the University Law Dept.

8. Contact your MP. Don't expect much from the Labour incumbents.

9. Phone the media, Radio Bristol and Bristol Evening Post at a minimum. EP are bloody useless, you have to keep ringing them to make sure they print something.

10. Vote anyone but Labour. Not all Labour MPs are rotten but they are in Bristol.

10. Vote anyone but Labour. Not all Labour MPs are rotten but they are in Bristol.

Some good advice and interesting points. However, vote anyone but Labour? All the 3 main political parties, collectively known as the Lib-Lab-Con, are in favour of increasing Police numbers. That's what it says on the leaflets they flood my letter box with. Too many Police means they're underworked and bored hence them looking for easy targets such as our fellow football supporters.

I know i agree others should not suffer for maybe 1 or 2 people but thats IF that happened as i take the west midlands

police with a pinch of salt, if drunk you got to be some sort of super man to piss from an open top bus going at 60 mpr

bare in mind wind direction and still hit a car with piss and stay on your feet :noexpression:

The single person who was the problem did not piss. He was not even pissed.

As a busdriver you are responsible for your passangers lack of behaviour.

You are not adult just because you are 18.

If he did score a direct hit, sign the bugger up quick, could be revelation in our forward line :winner_third_h4h:

What else is there.

Many ordinary people no longer bother to 'phone the Police when they are burgled or when their car is broken into, because they know that nothing will be done. Perhaps the Police should restore public confidence in them by doing the job they're paid handsomely to do - stopping real crime instead of continually picking on football supporters.

Many ordinary people no longer bother to 'phone the Police when they are burgled or when their car is broken into, because they know that nothing will be done. Perhaps the Police should restore public confidence in them by doing the job they're paid handsomely to do - stopping real crime instead of continually picking on football supporters.

well said goblin!

So when they respond to the publics call on the motorway that's wrong because it's football supporters?

So what should they have done, ignore it, well maybe you were in a car with your family driving alongside them when the alleged piss came splashing over your car, you called the police and nothing happened, would that be fine?

So when they respond to the publics call on the motorway that's wrong because it's football supporters?

So what should they have done, ignore it, well maybe you were in a car with your family driving alongside them when the alleged piss came splashing over your car, you called the police and nothing happened, would that be fine?

Boys' choir going to Sheffield met their friends of soul.

That's the Police version of events, a yarn that they've no doubt concocted now that they know the Football Supporters Federation and Liberty organisation are now taking an interest.

That's the Police version of events, a yarn that they've no doubt concocted now that they know the Football Supporters Federation and Liberty organisation are now taking an interest.

Could well be right, I don't know, nor do you, maybe there was some known lads that were on that coach and the police didn't want them to travel, maybe the police had complaints that some of the lads on top deck were being arseholes to other motorists, maybe they were pissing over the back of the bus, maybe the police force really do have it in for the football fan, maybe it was a chance stop that an unmarked police car picked up that there were groups of lads drinking on a coach and passed the info on.

I don't know RG, maybe the Soviet Police would have taken a stronger stance than the British police did and locked them all up instead of turning the coach around, only the people on the coach really know what happened, and if there were any people on that coach that did do something stupid, maybe they will be reluctant to say, because they messed up a lot of other peoples day in the process.

Whoever is in the right, I feel sorry for the innocent people who got caught up in it, especially the poor bloke who missed out on a great birthday treat.

Just remember how the police lied after Hillsborough, and fed a totally false story to the Scum, who then printed it, to slander football fans and cover up their incompetence. Sorry, I don't believe their sh*t story, and suspect it is being used to cover up their unwarranted abuse of power.

Its all too easy to blame and shout at the police isnt it. If you want to travel without risking being turned back by police, or indeed lives of other motorists, don't p*** out the back of a bus. Its irrelvant whether it was one or two people or three or four, IF this was happening, then the vehicle itself driven by the driver who becomes liable for his passengers actions, has become a danger and the police in my opinion have every right to send you on your way. How much more of a liability might that vehicle have become, 80 odd miles down the line after more drink and possibly more drunk people. OK, so maybe they werent blind drunk at this point, however its fairly obvious to pressume the drinking wasnt going to stop, there was more on board and I'm betting it wasnt there to just look at. If the driver of the vehicle has demostrated that he is either willing to allow people to behave in this way or that he is unable to control them or indeed 'notice' them in the first place, then its quite fair that the police felt that turning the vehicle back was the safest and only option. I'd be interested to hear the true version of events and how the police 'inerpreted' the incident before i cast an opinion on how 'disgracefully' the police acted.

Mr Goblin, i would direct your unhappyness with regards to 'nothing being' done, towards the government rather than the police who may turn up at your home with their hands tied. With the rediculous amounts of paperwork required by attending officers these days, they are forced into deciding which crimes need to be reported at the expense of being removed from the streets as a presence to 'write' them up. As infuriating as it is, its not the police's fault in this respect. A chav outside your house puts a brick through your car windscreen? ###### furious, but would you rather the police come round and then spend the next two hours 'writing up', leaving the #### respocible on the streets with two police less able to respond if he decides to hit a person with a brick? Thats the reality of it, and its shi** but again, its the government who have allowed things to get this way. In order for the police in this theoretical scenario to stay on the streets, policing them, its in their interests for this to not be recorded as a crime(the posibility arises that maybe the brick was an accident, a prank gone wrong, maybe not a crime??), they know it was a crime, but they need to stay on the streets, because without them there its free reign for the 'hoodies' and chavs (yes I'm being stereotypical) to cause even more crap on the neighborhood. The government need to give back to the police the opportunity to police without all the political bull.

Archived