IGNORED

Evening Post...wtf!

garlicbread

I couldnt care less about the article, it's the dole queue comment. I'm an ST member and this has pissed me off.

If some mug wants to use a newspaper to make digs at City fans we should just let it blow over? Forget the stuff about Johnson, it's the insinuation we're on the dole that's the problem.

That comment is potentially libellous.

It would be interesting to see if there are any similar articles written by the EP about Trollope??

Some people are clearly misreading the line relating to the dole queue

The point being made is that 20 clubs have dispensed with the services of their managers and that some fans think that GJ should join them i.e. join the sacked 20 managers on the dole queue, its not a reference to the fans at all.

I don't rate Stockhausen, but this is actually a decent article telling us to stick with the boss and don't ditch him at the first sign of trouble - something that many of us agree with

I couldnt care less about the article, it's the dole queue comment. I'm an ST member and this has pissed me off.

If some mug wants to use a newspaper to make digs at City fans we should just let it blow over? Forget the stuff about Johnson, it's the insinuation we're on the dole that's the problem.

exactly

Couldnt believemy eyes....taken from the evening post;....'Some Bristol City fans believe that Gary Johnson should join them on the dole queue...

..Spoiled by almost undiluted success over the past two years, some supporters in the red half of Bristol's supporting divide are choosing to show their true colours now things are not going so well'.

The most spiteful, unbalanced piece of petty jounalism I have ever read....how very unprofessional.

(No wonder this talented individual writes for a provincial paper with a minimal readership).

I couldn't care less as i don't buy it anymore.

I suggest everyone else does the same.

• SC&T Board Members

Actually, I mis-read that line initially, as well. But Newbie is right: the 'them' refers to the 20 managers already sacked this season. So there is no reference here to City fans being out of work.

Actually, I mis-read that line initially, as well. But Newbie is right: the 'them' refers to the 20 managers already sacked this season. So there is no reference here to City fans being out of work.

In fact garlicbread has "out-Evening Posted" the Evening Post with an outrageous piece of mis-leading "taken out of context" quotation. Either a superb piece of irony or he's about to be head-hunted by their Sports Editor. :innocent06:

Although its not too bad a piece, I am still waiting for an explantion as to why, in a lengthy report, he totally missed Louis Carey going off injured at half time at Ipswich and the fact that Jamie Wilson played the entire 2nd half without a mention (not even on the Substitute stats _ "Subs not used J. Wilson, Henderson."). :disapointed2se:

That comment is potentially libellous.

It would be interesting to see if there are any similar articles written by the EP about Trollope??

Like there are ever going to be, they won something like 2 in 25 recently and there was absolutely nothing like this from the Rovers supporting Post.

In fact garlicbread has "out-Evening Posted" the Evening Post with an outrageous piece of mis-leading "taken out of context" quotation. Either a superb piece of irony or he's about to be head-hunted by their Sports Editor. :innocent06:

Although its not too bad a piece, I am still waiting for an explantion as to why, in a lengthy report, he totally missed Louis Carey going off injured at half time at Ipswich and the fact that Jamie Wilson played the entire 2nd half without a mention (not even on the Substitute stats _ "Subs not used J. Wilson, Henderson."). :disapointed2se:

Having checked the whole article, I my hands up fellas. As I don't read the EP, I quoted the OS verbatim which eroniously reads as johnson joining city fans on the dole queue...so you can see where the confusion lies

EP eadhunt me? They could try, but I prefer the perpetual drudgery that I get on the dole than work for that lot, ta

:innocent06:

Like there are ever going to be, they won something like 2 in 25 recently and there was absolutely nothing like this from the Rovers supporting Post.

People have been questioning johnsons decisions for a few weeks now, but the EP waits until the sags end their losing streak before publishing anything.

The guy from the EP not coming on today to defend the balanced journalism of the paper!!

'Some Bristol City fans believe that Gary Johnson should join them on the dole queue...' not defending the article but youve either mis read it or are mis quoting it delibaretly. Before that it says that 20 managers have alredy been sacked...its reffering to them not city fans! To be honest they do have a point how fickle city fans are...... :noexpression:

Guest DR DICKNOSE
Von Stockhausen's mind is now in the land of the fairies.......

nuke.jpg

Andy von stockhausen is a journalistic joke,dare i say it but i managed to read this article in todays evil post&was actually laughing my tits off about the way all of a sudden he seemed really concerned about the club and the way gj is being treated by the fans! what a ######* joke! the way hes going on 80% of the fans want him sacked,just cause geoff twentypiece read out some dereogatory texts from so called fans after the swansea,ipswich/sheff wed games on the local BBC,he seems to think that everyone is against gj,alright there are people out there who are but the VAST MAJORITY AINT,get that into your thick ######* head stockhausen.

ive emailed this individual asking for his reasons on a few occasions but no joy,he must be so busy(scouting for the gas probably!)

EP if youre reading do the decent thing. :fingerscrossed::englandsmile4wf:

From the article, this paragraph is actually quite accurate:

Some have taken issue with the manager's team selection, substitutions, tactics and performance in the transfer market, while others have questioned his ability to accept criticism and cope with heightened expectations.

He is correct that some people have questioned the above, which he has clearly gleaned from comments on this forum.

But what a burke. Err, we are fans, we care about the club, we spend a lot of time following our club, we are quite entitled to have our opinions about GJ's team, subs, tactics, performance, transfer activity, etc.

However, to suggest, as he does, that fans are calling for Johnson to be sacked, is utter b***ocks.

Well, since you are reading this, and you so much like what we say on here, Andy, how about a headline in the EP which says "City fans think Stackhausen, or whatever the **** his name is, is a complete ####"?

Some have taken issue with the manager's team selection, substitutions, tactics and performance in the transfer market, while others have questioned his ability to accept criticism and cope with heightened expectations.

That critique could be applied to any football club anywhere in the world. I'm 100% behind Gary Johnson in the long term because he's on a learning curve and it's plain for all to see that he is succeeding. There's weakness in the squad and he's stated he will try to correct that in the January transfer window. What more can we ask for?

Love the way he writes as if we all want Johnson out and that its is job to patronising to us that it would be folly to sack him. What does this prize wallybrain even know about football anyway?

Its clear that all he's done is read a couple of threads on here where a tiny minority suggested that GJ should get released.

Id be amazed if there were 10% of all city fans (not just forumers) shared that view.

Nowhere near one in ten City fans want to see GJ sacked - I don't personally know of a single one.

A few texts on Radio Bristol and one or two threads on here represent only the views of a tiny number of individuals and could even be the work of stirring gasheads.

The problem is the headline which is as far as many people get, "BCFC fans calling for Johnson's head have short memories" which gives the impression there is a widespread call for GJ to be sacked. Absolute rubbish.

I was in a pub last night and as I waited to be served a bloke had the paper open on the bar with the headline showing.

"You City fans are so bloody fickle, calling for Johnson to be sacked" he said to the barman, obviously known to him to be a City fan.

I doubt he'd even read the whole article but the misleading headline was enough to damn City fans as wild eyed idiots in the eyes of the wider public yet again. :angry:

Nowhere near one in ten City fans want to see GJ sacked - I don't personally know of a single one.

A few texts on Radio Bristol and one or two threads on here represent only the views of a tiny number of individuals and could even be the work of stirring gasheads.

The problem is the headline which is as far as many people get, "BCFC fans calling for Johnson's head have short memories" which gives the impression there is a widespread call for GJ to be sacked. Absolute rubbish.

I was in a pub last night and as I waited to be served a bloke had the paper open on the bar with the headline showing.

"You City fans are so bloody fickle, calling for Johnson to be sacked" he said to the barman, obviously known to him to be a City fan.

I doubt he'd even read the whole article but the misleading headline was enough to damn City fans as wild eyed idiots in the eyes of the wider public yet again. :angry:

Same here, I've not heard of any City supporters I know calling for Gary Johnson's head. The Bristol Evening Post has never written with any real warmth toward our club because half of them are made up from Gas and the other half of their editorial staff are non Bristolians.

I thought it was a terrible article when I first read it but I sent the link to a friend of mine and he thought it was a decent piece defending GJ against his critics. I'm not sure if any genuine City fan has actually called for Johnson to be sacked yet but there's no doubt there's been more criticism and analysis of his methods than any time since the 9 match losing streak 3 years ago.

I'm still not happy about the article but I think sometimes we're guilty of looking for something that's not there with the Post as we've come to expect every single article to be an attack on the club in some way.

Same here, I've not heard of any City supporters I know calling for Gary Johnson's head. The Bristol Evening Post has never written with any real warmth toward our club because half of them are made up from Gas and the other half of their editorial staff are non Bristolians.

This is what alerted the illustrious journalists at the Evilpost, Gobbers. Posted quite recently on our forum.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=109391

And what exactly is wrong with being unemployed? :disapointed2se:

To be fair to Moomin Liberation Army I don't think that's what he meant. Andy von Stockhausen - as a Brentford supporter that obviously licks Gas boot at the Bristol Evening Post - is trying to break our ranks with quips about increasing unemployment in South Bristol.

Archived