IGNORED

Trundle

Sampson City Reds

I was speaking to my friend earlier who is a Plymouth season ticket holder and he told me he has heard a rumour that they are going to sign Trundle in a straight swap deal with there striker Steve Maclean who we tried to sign a couple of years ago but he went to Sheffield Wednesday.

I don't know how much truth there is in this rumour because I havent heard a thing? But it could be an intreasting one.

i know, tried pulling the christmas cracker too soon :(

I was just admiring your signature piccie below. Lee Trundle in the foreground and Nick Carle in the background. If we lose Lee Trundle that'll be another star player, that helped tear Palarse to shreds in the play-off semis, gone. :noexpression: .....

Lee-Trundle-Celeb-Palace-playoff-semi_869709.jpg

I was just admiring your signature piccie below. Lee Trundle in the foreground and Nick Carle in the background. If we lose Lee Trundle that'll be another star player, that helped tear Palarse to shreds in the play-off semis, gone. :noexpression: .....

Lee-Trundle-Celeb-Palace-playoff-semi_869709.jpg

"Tearing Palace to shreds" - even by your standards Red that's quite a re-write of history.

Trundle - 'another star player who helped tear Palace to shreds'? How incredibly delusional of you.

If Watson hadnt hit the post from the spot then Nick Carle's contribution would have been all the more memorable.

IF, BUT, What if, But.........it didn't so it's not an issue.

Trundle was a player who performed well in a team that beat Palace well in the play off. So I'd say the previous comment was valid.

IF, BUT, What if, But.........it didn't so it's not an issue.

Trundle was a player who performed well in a team that beat Palace well in the play off. So I'd say the previous comment was valid.

Eh?? So now we can't talk about what if's??

No doubt you'll stop posting about:

What if ......Carle hadn't been sold..

What if.......Trundle played more.

What if.......Noble played in the middle.

What if.......LJ didn't play.

To name but a few. They don't so it's not an issue?

We won the 1st leg 2-1 due to an injury time screamer from David Noble, a bright spot in an otherwise relatively un-eventful game.

2nd leg we lost over 90 mins which wasnt unfair, would have been knocked out if Watson had converted said penalty and it was not until our fitness levels came to the fore that we turned the game on its head and set our sights on Wembley - in part due to an excellent Trundle goal.

In your opinion does that invite the assertion that we 'tore Palace to shreds'?

I was at the game and I saw Lee Trundle's contribution with my own eyes. Were you at the game cheese ????!!!!!

Don't misquote me, I wrote "tearing Palarse to shreds".

Don't misquote me Red - I said nothing about Trundle's contribution - it's the "tearing Palace to shreds" bit that has been rewritten. Yes we beat them, but it was hardly the stuff of tearing and shreds. Was your view blocked?

I was at the game and I saw Lee Trundle's contribution with my own eyes. Were you at the game cheese ????!!!!!

Don't misquote me, I wrote "tearing Palarse to shreds".

I agree Trundle made a massive contribution in that game - and not just the goal, he had a couple of other wonder efforts. It showed just what he's capable of, stuff that no other player at the club could do. Like his late effort last Saturday that nearly got us a point. I am a big fan of his and continue to will him to succeed. The sad fact is though we could all be forgiven for expecting to have seen more from more over the 18 months than we have. Whether or not he's been played out of position at times, not given a long enough run in the team, brought on too late, not received the service etc etc he's still had enough opportunity to have produced more often than he has. I don't know who's responsibility that is - I won't even say fault. I would never fault LT's attitude which I think is first rate and as I say he has fantastic skill. I have no idea if he's on his way - I hope not - and I would still like to see him linked up with Maynard with some decent service on the deck. I think he could still be the answer but have to accept that the debate around him shows it hasn't worked how we all wanted.

This story appeared on their forum (Pasoti, or something like that i believe) about a 3 weeks to a month ago and then again at the beginning of this week. A guy in my office who is a Plymouth fan and regular reader of the forum asked me if we had heard anything at our end? Personally, think its nonsense but hey, stranger things have happened at sea!! Although he did say that it would be a better deal for them than us.

:tumbleweed:

I would still like to see him linked up with Maynard with some decent service on the deck

In the limited time they were together in the second half against Burnley, Maynard and Trundle linked up really well as they're both quality footballers. For whatever reason, we've so far not seen the very best from either of them on a consistent basis - just tantalising glimpses.

Living in the Plymouth area of the world as I do this isn't something I've picked up on, but that isn't surprising as I pay little attention to Argyle. Having said that I have heard that Orr is a target for the Pilgrims. But I can't believe that either, surely they can't match what Orr is being paid now, let alone what he wants to be paid.

Just don't sell Trundle or I will be doubting my faith in the management's opinion over players.

Let him go wherever it may be, always looks as if he is going to tear someone apart, but very rarely does, has bags of skill and promise, which we do not see very often, but most of all he lacks speed off the mark which would give him the extra bit of time to do everything we know he can. Don't think at his age he will improve enough to be good enough for this division, perhaps he may be able to perform in another team but sadly not with the set up we have at Ashton.

Let him go wherever it may be, always looks as if he is going to tear someone apart, but very rarely does, has bags of skill and promise, which we do not see very often, but most of all he lacks speed off the mark which would give him the extra bit of time to do everything we know he can. Don't think at his age he will improve enough to be good enough for this division, perhaps he may be able to perform in another team but sadly not with the set up we have at Ashton.

couldnt agree more. Talking of IFS, IF Trundle could just do the simple things right he could be so brilliant...tis a shame

We won the 1st leg 2-1 due to an injury time screamer from David Noble, a bright spot in an otherwise relatively un-eventful game.

2nd leg we lost over 90 mins which wasnt unfair, would have been knocked out if Watson had converted said penalty and it was not until our fitness levels came to the fore that we turned the game on its head and set our sights on Wembley - in part due to an excellent Trundle goal.

In your opinion does that invite the assertion that we 'tore Palace to shreds'?

Dude while agree with you about the home leg..... we absolutely killed Palarse at their place. We dominated from start to finish and a 1-1 draw would have been totally unjustified.

I was at the match and have watched back since on DVD and we demoralised them so completely that they didn't know where or how they were going to get back in the match. Anyway that feels a long time ago now!

if Trundle is to leave i will be very dissapointed

Not only will we lose a good player

He will leave knowing he has SO much more to give, and not being given a fair run in the first team.

I,for one, am crying out for Trundle to be given a chance, a long sighted one, not a 2 or 3 game.

Everytime he comes on he looks dangerous

Saturday he came on and nearly scored a technically brilliant chip if it wasn't for a very good save

Plymouth he came on and ripped it out of them with his crosses

I very strongly feel if Trunds and Nobes would be played instead of LJ and Adebola or John, we would be a more creative and more attractive team to watch.

Guest ashtonyate

You all know what I think about Trundel and the CC ,so it would be intresting to see how he would fair with another CC Club it could leave me and Johnson with egg on our faces or prove he can't hack the CC.

if Trundle is to leave i will be very dissapointed

Not only will we lose a good player

He will leave knowing he has SO much more to give, and not being given a fair run in the first team.

I,for one, am crying out for Trundle to be given a chance, a long sighted one, not a 2 or 3 game.

Everytime he comes on he looks dangerous

Saturday he came on and nearly scored a technically brilliant chip if it wasn't for a very good save

Plymouth he came on and ripped it out of them with his crosses

I very strongly feel if Trunds and Nobes would be played instead of LJ and Adebola or John, we would be a more creative and more attractive team to watch.

You have just saved me a lot of typing Pete.......what you have said sums up my feelings exactly

Guest ashtonyate
We would miss him in the changing room dearly. You can tell that him and scotty murray are major in the dressing room and can help us when things are going against us.

Also he is one of very few players who can turn a game on it's head in an instance.

To pay him the money he is on the cheer up the dressing room is a bit of a luxury, And to turn games on there head when he comes on is more of a hope than a reality

In the limited time they were together in the second half against Burnley, Maynard and Trundle linked up really well as they're both quality footballers. For whatever reason, we've so far not seen the very best from either of them on a consistent basis - just tantalising glimpses.

Same against Norwich. Last 15 minutes or so they actually looked like a three million pound strike force! Got to be worth a try surely!!

To pay him the money he is on the cheer up the dressing room is a bit of a luxury, And to turn games on there head when he comes on is more of a hope than a reality

......well he was inches away from doing it on Sat and he is the best "HOPE" we have of sending on somebody to change the game.

I would like to know who else we have who could come close to doing what he can?????????

Archived