IGNORED

Stern John - On Reflection,

Meh

On the other hand, Lee Johnson is employed full time by Bristol City Football Club and so of course is Gary Johnson, so what is the point of going over and over opinions on either? They're both important ongoing parts of this club for the right reasons and no amount of squealing is going to change that.

You believe Lee Johnson to be an important part of the club, which is your right of course, and a view shared by many.

Many however have a different view and apart from a small minority, their opinions are based upon a reasoned assessment, although you consider such to be 'squealing'.

If full time employees of the club are immune from criticism then the forum may as well close down - which it won't thankfully.

The Mods are of course on hand to deal with anything that goes beyond honest appraisal of a player of managers performance or abilities.

What a crap post

i find it discusting that pepoe are questioning johns ability to score goals

and i know iv only just singed up to the form but in the past i have never seen a post questionin deles ability

and when they do they get shot down and labled a dele basher

well call me a dele basher but i don't rate him imo stern is twice the player dele is john has class he maybe old but still has it

dele gets no way near the amount of goals he should do for a stricker where i can see john getting a hell of a lot more goals than dele

so realy i think pepole should get off john back and start questioning deles performances

sorry for the bad punc

Well i would say you post was crap mate!!!!!!!! Just because you don't agree with other peoples opinions it doesnt make it a crap post and just because people are having a go at John it doesnt make it disgusting that they are doing so. Lots of people have defended him on here saying like you they think he is quality and others obviously don't agree....thats the beauty of it. If we all thought the same we wouldnt have a site like this to post on!!!!!!

As for Dele posts i am sure there have been lots but like you i am new so couldnt say for sure........i for one though don't rate him either and am happy to say so although he has done pretty well in the last 2 games he has come on too be fair!!!

I am no great fan of John, but I can see the sense of taking him on loan for the season. He is a reasonable striker at this level and will save us having to pay to bring in somebody else now, so that hopefully, we can pick up a free transfer/ good value plyer in the summer. I don't think that the squad is good enough to challenge for promotion this season, so it makes sense to ensure that we are not relegated, and then look at re-building in the summer. We are not a 'Big'Club at this level, we don't have unlimited resources, and are not in a position to buy success (Or do a Man City and buy failure!), so we will have to rely on shrewd signings, and players like John who come in short term to fill in until the right players are available.

BTW, I love the graphs. Not sure what they mean or prove, but they look good.

For what it's worth...

strikerpartnershipue2.png

Not to sure what to make of it......looks like it shows Johns performances have been better than Dele's and Maynards have been better with John.

For me the issue isnt that though. Given the choice i would choose John over Dele because i really don't rate Dele. But that still doesnt mean that i think John is the partner we have been looking for to go with Maynard. I personally believe that maynards improvement is down to his gradual increase in confidence. It has been evident in the last 8-10 games. Some may say that is down to the influence of John......i am not convinced though!

IMO John still needs to contribute a lot more in games than he currently is!!!!

Not to sure what to make of it......looks like it shows Johns performances have been better than Dele's and Maynards have been better with John.

Correct.

For me the issue isnt that though. Given the choice i would choose John over Dele because i really don't rate Dele. But that still doesnt mean that i think John is the partner we have been looking for to go with Maynard. I personally believe that maynards improvement is down to his gradual increase in confidence.

I agree, a large part of Maynard's boosted performances has simply been his confidence.

It has been evident in the last 8-10 games. Some may say that is down to the influence of John......i am not convinced though!

IMO John still needs to contribute a lot more in games than he currently is!!!!

John has been better than Adebola, and I think he is developing a great partnership with Maynard which has been one of the main reasons for our upturn in form. Although John could have scored more a couple goals than he has.

What i liked about John in the Reading game where i thought he was our best player was his willingness to shoot from pretty much anywhere. He tested Hannaman on a number of occasions from situations that were probably no more than half chances. Since then though he doesnt seem to have been doing that.

The biggest problem i have at the moment though is his work rate. If he had the same attitude as Maynard then i would be a lot happier with him but several times i just think he has been lazy ( i have already mentioned the Watford disallowed goal in another thread which i feel was inexcusable).

I have read that lazy accusation on here before towards John and then a list of players like Berbatov, Sheringham and even Cantana were were mentioned which for me is just rediculous. If john had anywhere near the class that they had then he could be as lazy as he liked!!!

I've been pointing out that John is rubbish since he arrived and have stuck by that view week on week. Our only win in his first month was when he wasn't able to play. I think he's one of the worst signings we've made and I'm amazed we're extending the deal. He looks easy to play against, abysmal in the air, is clearly not a team player, and good touches once in a blue moon.

I think you need to give him more of a chance as you saying you think he is rubbish from the word go. I've not been to all of the games of recent but I know from going to the palace game he provided a brilliant flick for maynard which he did great and scored. start of the season when we played Adebola we kept hoofing it up to him obvioulsy don't know if this was a tactc of GJ's ( hope not). Now John is in the team and we start playing on the floor wether this was because of Jon or not I don't know . But I think with time the partnership will only get better. we all know Dele says he would rather the ball at his feet but some reason they hoof it at him, so I'd rather see john playing if it means we play on the floor.

Although if we are buying a new striker and he is going to be starting I'd wonder why John was signed but even though he isn't a 100% player and won't do a fancy footwork he will provide a bit more time and space for maynard and I think it's also just relieved the pressure off him.

I wouldnt say that John has been amazing for us, but he has been around for a long time, scored a lot of goals, and played with some good players, so I wouldnt be at all surprised if he has been doing some talking with Maynard and Akinde and whoever else - suggesting runs, or certain movements, which will hopefully bring us some benefit. For Maynard to come to us from Crewe must have been a big step up in terms of quality of team mates, and playing alongside the likes of Stern John will be a great experience for him IMHO.

Si.

Archived