IGNORED

Hatricks At The Gate?

Motorwayman

Sorry fella, but if it's the 4-1 home defeat by Forest on 28th December 1993 that you're referring to, then Collymore only scored two. The others were bagged by Ian Woan and Neil Webb.

And one of his goals took a slight deflection, he did have a great game in fainess, that was 2 days after we won 1-0 at the Hawthorns on Boxing day

The Goat against Wigan, won 3-0 and i think Scott Murray got our last league hatrick at AG, didnt we win 5-2 against Mansfield on a boiling hot day?

The Goat's hat-trick against Wigan was the "perfect" hat trick.. A header, and one with each foot (albeit the right footer was a penalty).

Sorry fella, but if it's the 4-1 home defeat by Forest on 28th December 1993 that you're referring to, then Collymore only scored two. The others were bagged by Ian Woan and Neil Webb.

Yep, that was the game and I bow to your superior memory.....he did indeed score just the two, one of which was a fantastic goal which even the City fans applauded.

Eastwood's hat-trick for Southend was another fine display...

John Galley at the Gate v Leyton Orient after being 1-3 down at half time and winning 5-3 ahh good days

That was a cracking game. I was behing the goal for all of City's goals - East End for Dickie Rook's goal then moved to the Open End for the 2nd half. Not a hat-trick day for Big john though :disapointed2se: Trevor Tainton and Peter Spiring scored the other 2 in the 2nd half (I looked that bit up :closedeyes: ) but I have such vivid memories of that game - Galley deserved a hat trick for his 2nd half majestic performance.

Other hat tricks at the Gate for opposing players include Alan Biley (Derby's "Rod Stewart") and Gary Shaw (Villa) both in our final season in the top flight.

That was a cracking game. I was behing the goal for all of City's goals - East End for Dickie Rook's goal then moved to the Open End for the 2nd half. Not a hat-trick day for Big john though :disapointed2se: Trevor Tainton and Peter Spiring scored the other 2 in the 2nd half (I looked that bit up :closedeyes: ) but I have such vivid memories of that game - Galley deserved a hat trick for his 2nd half majestic performance.

Other hat tricks at the Gate for opposing players include Alan Biley (Derby's "Rod Stewart") and Gary Shaw (Villa) both in our final season in the top flight.

Not the first team I know but Scotty, Trunds and Darren Byfield all scored hattricks when the reserves beat Cheltenham Town reserves 9-1 in the Glos Cup final last season :winner_third_h4h:

89/90 is my favorite season of following City!

Best.

Season.

Ever.

Apart from the gas being champions it was just awesome. First season of doing every home game, standing behibd the goal in the EE, great team, great football and Super Bob. BOB BOB SUPER BOB, BOB BOB SUPER BOB, BOB BOB SUPER BOB, SUPER BOBBY TAYLOR!!!

Best.

Season.

Ever.

Apart from the gas being champions it was just awesome. First season of doing every home game, standing behibd the goal in the EE, great team, great football and Super Bob. BOB BOB SUPER BOB, BOB BOB SUPER BOB, BOB BOB SUPER BOB, SUPER BOBBY TAYLOR!!!

Did Greg Goodridge get a hat-trick against Luton at the Gate when we smashed them 5-0...It was a night game and I think it was his debut??

Archived