IGNORED

Where's Mr Creative

ciderup

We know we lost out on David Jones to Wolves and Brian Howard to to Sheff U. There may be others we don't know about. Certainly suggests Gary is looking but there seems to be a prevailing belief that there are loads of goal scoring creative midfield players out there. I'm not so sure.

In bed with Mrs Creative?

We are not that type of side, our strength is the 100% commitment, and keeping things tight. If we became more 'creative', we would lose the solidity, and then we'd all be moaning about the need to tighten things up. The first signs of financial merde and fan colliding are appearing in the Premier League, and when that hits, well-run Clubs with manageable debt will be in a position to take advantage.

I suppose that the answer to the question is not yet availble. We'll only know when the window closes in just under three weeks time.

I must admit that I am concerned that there seem to be no rumours about City signing a quality midfielder. That doesn't mean that City aren't interested in anyone as we all know that Johnson quite rightly plays his cards close to his chest when it comes to transfers in and out but the lack of clues or rumours is definately a worry.

As the thread asks, where is our 'alternative' creative' midfielder?

I won't criticise LJ, unlike most, but we desperately need an alternative.

Where is he Gary?

We are still waiting on our creative midfielder. We've got one here in Noble who can't grab a start for love nor money

and we could have one in Gav Williams if he was just used in the middle of the park and not wasted on the right.

Pesonally we havn't had the "alternate" creative player since the departure of Carle simply becaused a player in his type

was not brought in to replace Carle. I know that I'm sometimes quite critical of Williams but fom what I saw of him i was

desperate to see him in the middle because I felt he could affect the game so much more than on the wing.

We are still waiting on our creative midfielder. We've got one here in Noble who can't grab a start for love nor money

and we could have one in Gav Williams if he was just used in the middle of the park and not wasted on the right.

Pesonally we havn't had the "alternate" creative player since the departure of Carle simply becaused a player in his type

was not brought in to replace Carle. I know that I'm sometimes quite critical of Williams but fom what I saw of him i was

desperate to see him in the middle because I felt he could affect the game so much more than on the wing.

theres only one player who will be playing in the creative midfield spot and we all know who that is !

well having watched the first half of swansea absolutely tearing Burnley apart yesterday, I would suggest that there are a few of their midfielders who could do that job for us. I must admit I am a fan of Jordi Gomez, his technique is superb.

chris eagles one of the best players seen at the gate this season

As the thread asks, where is our 'alternative' creative' midfielder?

I won't criticise LJ, unlike most, but we desperately need an alternative.

Where is he Gary?

we don't have a creative central midfielder.......period

and I don't think Gary actually thinks we need one.........strangely.

My big concern is that a couple of decent performances are allowed to paper over a large crack that's been there all season. We desperately need a quality creative central midfielder, any neutral watching us play would see that in 5 minutes it's so blindingly obvious. I'm a little worried that GJ doesn't seem to share that view and I'll be very disappointed if come Feb we don't have one on board.

So why did he try to sign David Jones and Brian Howard?

did we...........I wouldn't be so sure of that if I were you, in both cases it was only mentioned long after they had moved clubs.

Easy to say you have tried to get a player when the player has long since joined another club, Frasier Campbell and Michael Michanne are other examples.

Mr Creatives are hard to find, especially ones that have to track back and defend. I don't see Elliot as our defensive shield, in the classic 'Makalele' role, he gets forward too often. We need someone like Elliot, who he can inter-change with and stay back when needed, but also can pick that definitive pass a bit better than Elliot. If Elliot was the shield type of player we might have seen more of Noble. I can't imagine the player I have just described is easy to find though! And of course I could have interpreted everything all wrong and no nothing about football, which could be nearer the truth than I like to think.

OK, why did he sign Carle then?

because he hadn't done his homework on him, he stated when signed he could play "anywhere in midfield" despite the various aussies all coming on and saying.......No he's a central midfielder.

It was plain for all to see he wasn't a winger after being stuck in that position various times, he only did well when played in the middle..........then he was sold.

because he hadn't done his homework on him, he stated when signed he could play "anywhere in midfield" despite the various aussies all coming on and saying.......No he's a central midfielder.

It was plain for all to see he wasn't a winger after being stuck in that position various times, he only did well when played in the middle..........then he was sold.

why do you think he was sold?

I think you will find that they were both OTIB rumours.

I know from the Barnsley end that the Howard offer was definitely true. In fact we outbid Sheffield United and had our offer accepted by the board at Oakwell, who didn't want to deal with their near neighbours in steel city. However, when the player refused to move anywhere other than Bramall Lane the City deal was screwed, and indeed so were Barnsley.

'Creative midfielder'. Johnson must on the hunt for someone who fits that label but as yet none of use know who that might me.We can speculate all we like but as no-one on here is prepared to disclose any rumours then we are all left in the dark.

Despite the fact that Johnson might feel that City already have a creative midfielder its good husbandry to cover all the positions in case of injury/suspensions and by having another creative midfielder would do the squad no harm at all.

It would seem that Noble's days are City are numbered simply because he doesn't have the engine thats required in a Johnson team so that leaves the cupboard pretty bare should the current creative midfielder get injured/suspended.

Its common sense and plain for to all to see that City need another creative midfielder perferably one with a decent goal return - isn't it?

Cos he was rubbish....as we saw when he played against us for Palarse recently!

:noexpression:

I suppose it depends if you thought he was actually rubbish, personally I thought him and their left back were their 2 best players.

funny though how people define a player as rubbish, despite him being sold for £1million? despite the fact that there is probably only 2 other players at the club (elliott and maynard) that would command a £1m+ transfer fee? strange......

suppose some people are so used to lower league football and the likes of Tony Dinning and Joe Burnell, they wouldn't know a good footballer if they saw one.

did we...........I wouldn't be so sure of that if I were you, in both cases it was only mentioned long after they had moved clubs.

Easy to say you have tried to get a player when the player has long since joined another club, Frasier Campbell and Michael Michanne are other examples.

Why would GJ and SL make it up?

Archived