IGNORED

All Things Marvin Elliott!

Jesus

I wish I had a reason to doubt your information, but sadly I don't.

Surely you must think £2m is a little low though. He's easily our best player. I reckon we should start listening at £3m and begrudgingly let him go for £4m.

I'll be gutted if goes though.

Agree, we shouldnt even entertain bids under 3 mill. If Peterbrough think Aarron Mclean is worth fcking 5 mill than I'm shore Elliot is worth at LEAST 4.

1.6 mill is a complete joke, to even bid it is disrespectful.

Skysports.com are reporting that they understand Wolves have made a bid of higher than 1.5 million for Elliott.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_4824351,00.html

I personally think that if a bid of more than 2 million comes in, then we'll accept. If the player wants out, I cant see Johnson wanting to keep him and risk him upsetting the dressing room. All very well saying we should force him to stay, but a lot of our 'success' is helped by having a great team spirit and unity in the dressing room. Someone who wants to go isnt going to fit in to that anymore.

Still, will be interesting to see what develops over the next few days. Hope Saturday night wasnt the last time we see him in a City shirt, but no one in our team is irreplaceable.

On the contrary, I think this could be made into a positive thing. Johnson is a great motivator and I'm sure he could convince Marvin to stay and be a huge part of what we are aiming for. It would be a message to other players that we are building a team where players are being valued highly, not just financially, and we should be flattered we have players who are sought by other clubs. I know every player has a price but our message is clear that we are not looking to sell. It's not all about money, ask Kaka!

On the contrary, I think this could be made into a positive thing. Johnson is a great motivator and I'm sure he could convince Marvin to stay and be a huge part of what we are aiming for. It would be a message to other players that we are building a team where players are being valued highly, not just financially, and we should be flattered we have players who are sought by other clubs. I know every player has a price but our message is clear that we are not looking to sell. It's not all about money, ask Kaka!

I'm not sure about that, but that just goes along with the ''whole'' story behind what I was told... But I'm not up for being told I'm a liar time and time again, even when it looks like the info I was given is correct. But even I'm 50/50 about the whole story I was told. Interesting though

Kaka is already a multimillionaire, Marv is still someway from that I would imagine!

I don't know quite what Johnson could say to convince him NOT to take a huge pay rise, signing on fee, and a better chance of Premier League football than we have at present.

You have to take the opportunities when they arise

If he goes I worry about our chances of even staying in this division, let alone us having an outside chance of making the play-offs...

Looks like Wolf2's source was pretty spot on though, I think some of you owe apologies =P

He hasn't signed for anyone yet and a the main argument has been over the figure quoted, no apologies required in either case yet.

Bristol fans, this "City fan" is a Wolves fan from the-wolf.

Ta Wolf - we sussed that immediately

@ Liam - why don't you piss off before we post the replies you had to your own posts on the Wolves site - will make your boasts look pretty stupid won't they?

If Marvin goes he goes - if he goes for not a lot we will be pissed off - just the same if and when someone comes in for one of your better players and they are tempted to leave.

The notion that ANYONE on either the City or Wolves forums is ITK is complete and utter b***ocks .

i really don't understand why we need to sell him even for £2million, i mean we spend more than that on maynard, so its not like we need the money

If we sell Marvin elliott for 2m then its a fcking joke and i will be severley p*ssed off. I don't give a fck about all this "if a player wants to go let him go" "the lure of 10k is to good to good for him to turn doen" blah blah blah Unless a bid of 3.5 - 4m comes in we should not even listen, hes our player for another 2 years and he will just have to get on with it. I'm sick of losing our best players time after time, even Lita was worth more than the 1m we sold him for at the time.

If we sell Marvin elliott for 2m then its a fcking joke and i will be severley p*ssed off. I don't give a fck about all this "if a player wants to go let him go" "the lure of 10k is to good to good for him to turn doen" blah blah blah Unless a bid of 3.5 - 4m comes in we should not even listen, hes our player for another 2 years and he will just have to get on with it. I'm sick of losing our best players time after time, even Lita was worth more than the 1m we sold him for at the time.

totally agree. they can have for the cash. but the cash has got to be right and £2m for one of the ebst players outside the prem is comical.

i wouldnt even listen to anything below £3m.

Wolves can make there bid of £1.75m. Personally I think if they do it will be an insult to Marvin Elliott and more important its an insult to Gary Johnson and Bristol City Football Club!

Please tell me where we find a player to replace Marvin for £1.75m as Pete Johnson is still to find him.

Totally agree with that 100%

An absolute baragin of a centre midfield in fact! With Ben Watson not playing I guess his value if more negotiable, regular MArvin on the other hand sees his value go up week by week. I guess 3 - 3.5 is a fair price, but a total s**ter if he goes.

An absolute baragin of a centre midfield in fact! With Ben Watson not playing I guess his value if more negotiable, regular MArvin on the other hand sees his value go up week by week. I guess 3 - 3.5 is a fair price, but a total s**ter if he goes.

Watson is only not playing as he has a calf injury. In the summer Warnock & Jordan said he would be sold as he wouldn't sign a contract beyond summer 09. However they didn't get the bids they/he wanted so he stayed. Initially Warnock wouldn't play him but once the transfer window closed & it became clear that Palace needed him, he was reintroduced to the side & this coincided with their upturn in form. Similarly his absence has coincided with their current dip in form.

Depending on your perspective Palace have either:

a) played this scenario poorly - the longer they keep him, the less time there is O/S on his contract & thus his value drops or

b) played this well - they get more value from having Watson in the team than having £1M & no Watson.

Since the Bosman ruling it becomes almost impossible to "value" a player because the key element is not just ability but also length of contract. This is the issue we have with Elliott. If we sell now we will get more than we'd get in the summer - but would that amount "compensate for not having him for the rest of the season ??

Watson is a class player, wouldnt mind paying to watch a player like him in our team, was best player on pitch against us at AG last year in the play offs. However, we have no chance of signing him which is a shame and WOlves wil get him if they bid a 1m atless Palace wanna just keep him til the end of the season.

As for Elliot, i think the best point was that if Wolves had had Elliot on Saturday they wuda destroyed us

Archived