IGNORED

Basso's Backheel

Economou

Surreally it was almost like a turning point in the game.

No doubt about it.

Strange thing was that Basso mis-controlled a simple back pass which left him no option but to play the back heel. A piece of poor skill instantly followed by a sublime one - very unusual.

No doubt about it.

Strange thing was that Basso mis-controlled a simple back pass which left him no option but to play the back heel. A piece of poor skill instantly followed by a sublime one - very unusual.

Fair play to McAllister for giving him the shout though between the pair of them they got out of a sticky situation with real ease

The introduction of Gavin Williams was the turning point of the game, its about time a central midfield player got forward past the strikers.

When Williams gets the ball, he is a very decent player. I wouldn't mind him in the team next to Skuse in CM.

Basso's backheel was the funniest thing I have ever seen at Ashton Gate, pure class, the man is a cult legend.

I'm sorry but surely the mighty bass dive against yeovil was the funniest thing ever at the gate. Made even better by the fact it cost someone i know about 120 big ones :innocent06:

Basso's backheel was the funniest thing I have ever seen at Ashton Gate, pure class, the man is a cult legend.

Off topic I know but Bas Savage falling over like he had been shot v yeovil a few years ago rates as the funniest thing I ever saw at the gate or at other football match.

Champagne moment of the season for me.

Have to say he was absolutely fabulous today, lot of love for him in the EE.

I agree, it was a touch of genius. Had the move ended in a goal, t'woodve been sublime.

On a side note, I went in the Williams (for the first time since David Howels howler)...there were 3 little kiddies at their first game..I suggested all game we try and get a wave from basso... too his credit he waved over during the game..made their day and they will probably never forget that...tru pro..great touch basso!

your right it was brilliant but not as good as Bas savage charging through one on one only to trip up and land flat on his face!

Cole skuse scoring might top that though! if it ever happens??

I was with my mate in the EE and said to him that the game needed a touch of magic to get the crowd going.Whilst I agree the inroduction of the subs was a factor Bassos back heel was the perfect catalyst,within seconds we'd hit the bar and the whole atmosphere in the ground changed.Thanks Basso your a EE legend.

Basso is probably the fan favourite for most people, probably because he gives love back

Always claps the Atyeo before the game when OOOOOHHH BASSO it sang

even clapped the East End from the Atyeo in the 1st half when they sang basso basso Adriano Basso

other players will give a little clap and thats all.

Can remember against Wolves he walked into the tunnel holding his hand up to the crowd to say sorry

didnt see Mcindoe doing that after Forest ? :whistle: :whistle:

When Williams gets the ball, he is a very decent player. I wouldn't mind him in the team next to Skuse in CM.

Um, that's where he played when he came on, with Lee moving to the right when space opened up there. He would hardly have scored his goal if he wasn't in central midfield.

I was with my mate in the EE and said to him that the game needed a touch of magic to get the crowd going.Whilst I agree the inroduction of the subs was a factor Bassos back heel was the perfect catalyst,within seconds we'd hit the bar and the whole atmosphere in the ground changed.Thanks Basso your a EE legend.

I take your point, it was a quality piece of skill when it was needed but, a pretty awful mistake to make it necessary. Thought Johnson's post match comments summed it up pretty well.

Sorry Boys and Girls ,

Less than two weeks ago a number of you were calling for Mr C Weale to have a run in the team

HOW BLOODY FICKLE ARE WE ???????????????????? :-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

We are Bristol City 'We always (very nearly when the time is right , but no we may change our tune) believe'

Archived