IGNORED

Dele Adebola

mightyreds89

Dele always works hard - not disputing that - its for that reason I'd have him over John. But he does not have the same energy today like he did against Pompey away and Wolves away.

When starting the game , like any player , he has to pace himself. Not many players can run for 90 mins flat out.Dele does what is asked of him for 70/80 minutes.Most players coming on in the last 15mins would seem up for it , as the defenders would be knackered,and the ability to beat these players would be made a little easier.That is why Dele does such a good job coming on as sub.Personally , i would like to see Styvar up front with Maynard, with Dele as sub.

Sky Sports News have just confirfm that Forest have put in a bid for Dele this evening and are waiting to hear back from us! No figures mentioned!

Missing Grant Holt are they?

Tricky one this. It's closer to Nottingham than Bristol from Solihull and his contract is expiring.

No matter how many golfclubs GJ have in his bag - he will never hit the ball.

£250 000.

Believe their bid would be £100 000.

Guest ashtonyate

Adebola is the only player we have who can bully defences he would be missed, I was impressed by Akinda when he came on. We could give him a run now we are fairly safe from the drop if we did sell Dele.

I can't see Forest being able to pay enough for what he is worth to us. At this stage of the season we are still a few wins off safety and still have a chance of the play-offs. Adebola is a very good player who offers something we do not have in any of our other players and I would be very disappointed if we lost him.

On certain games and occasions he's definitely the man for the job. Neither Maynard, Styvar, Trundle, John or Akinde are that similar (though obviously we've not seen much of Sytvar or Akinde). He has a strength, power and ability to head the ball which I really don't think we could afford to lose.

Someone mentioned above about the "different clubs in the bag"...well I think Adebola is very different to the others so we need that one. I am no golfer but know you need to at least take a putter with you.

I would want a very large bid for Adebola and I can't see Forest paying that much for a senior player. Final point - he may not be young but because of the type of player he is I think he has a good few years to go yet.

He's only played well when he's came on as a sub - he always works hard but is often ineffective when he starts games.

What rubbish.He looks ineffective when playing with lumps of lard like John but when with someone who play off him it is a different story.Also what space does he create for others by being such a handful for opposition defences.He gives them something to worry about.We should be extending his contract not to do so would be stupid.

I think John is in his last year at this level, whereas Dele has another year or two - this will be down to whether we give him a one year or two year deal at the end of the season - cant see us letting him go unless there is stupid money on the table which I doubt given he's 34 and out of contract in the summer.

As for Stern John the sooner he leaves the better. W#nker

As for John he is a DISGRACE to the shirt and should never ever wear a BCFC one again

Sums up this forum nicely. Total over reaction :disapointed2se:

He didn't play well yesterday but to call the guy a w*nker and a disgrace is pathetic.

He didn't play well yesterday but to call the guy a w*nker and a disgrace is pathetic.

I have to disagree with you on that one. What they have said is correct in my opinion. John is a complete waste os space on the pitch, is one of the laziest players I have ever seen in a City shirt and does not appear interested at all. Get rid of him now and get Trundle back. Trunds offers alot more than him and would probably have turned those lumps of defenders inside out yesterday.

John offers us nothing, get rid and keep Dele who still has a part to play for us.

What rubbish.He looks ineffective when playing with lumps of lard like John but when with someone who play off him it is a different story.Also what space does he create for others by being such a handful for opposition defences.He gives them something to worry about.We should be extending his contract not to do so would be stupid.

I entirely agree. While he won't play every game he is still invaluable. What's more as an experienced and intelligent player he could be a big help in developing Akinde and advising Styvar.

I have to disagree with you on that one. What they have said is correct in my opinion. John is a complete waste os space on the pitch, is one of the laziest players I have ever seen in a City shirt and does not appear interested at all. Get rid of him now and get Trundle back. Trunds offers alot more than him and would probably have turned those lumps of defenders inside out yesterday.

John offers us nothing, get rid and keep Dele who still has a part to play for us.

Not a lot to add to that except :clap:

Billy Davis wants to turn Forest into the one-dimensional Watford team he created. He's well known for his long ball whooosh tactics and Dele Adebola would be a perfect player for him.

If Forest made a reasonable bid then I'd seriously consider letting him go. His contract is up in the summer and if Forest offer a two year deal Dele himself might be tempted.

He's a usefull player to have in the squad but I don't think he produces often enough. Sure, he changed the game against Wolves but I'm struggling to think of a game other than that when he made that level of difference. He was quiet at Plymouth and not that effective yesterday.

Every player has his price and it depends on what City would see as an unrefusable offer and of course whether Dele would want to move.

Billy Davis wants to turn Forest into the one-dimensional Watford team he created. He's well known for his long ball whooosh tactics and Dele Adebola would be a perfect player for him.

If Forest made a reasonable bid then I'd seriously consider letting him go. His contract is up in the summer and if Forest offer a two year deal Dele himself might be tempted.

He's a usefull player to have in the squad but I don't think he produces often enough. Sure, he changed the game against Wolves but I'm struggling to think of a game other than that when he made that level of difference. He was quiet at Plymouth and not that effective yesterday.

Every player has his price and it depends on what City would see as an unrefusable offer and of course whether Dele would want to move.

Are you getting him confused with Aidy Boothroyd?

Mixed feelings really, useful player, but I'm sure we could cope without him. He might well be keen to move back closer to the Midlands, and he will probably get at least an 18 Month deal from Forest, whereas there is no guarantee of a contract next year from City.

When he stops wasting the time of the fans who pay decent money to come and see their team week in week out, then I won't call him a w#nker. I thought he would be a good signing but he has been consistently lazy, uninterested and Immobile. Give me someone up there who gives it their best and actually moves a bit like Akinde and like Trundle.

Has anyne actually seen this story?

No sign of it on the skysports site.

Nottingham Forest Chief Exec Mark Arthur has revealed the club have made four bids during the transfer windows but isn't hopeful of landing any of them. This isn't the news Forest fans wanted to hear as the squad looks thread bare due to injuries.

From the Swedish forest fans site.

From BBC Sport:

Four transfer targets for Forest

Nottingham Forest

Nottingham Forest have made written offers for four players with the end of the transfer window looming.

Chief executive Mark Arthur told BBC Radio Nottingham the club had had some bids rejected but were still negotiating over certain targets.

"We've put in four written offers but I'm not terribly hopeful to be perfectly honest," said Arthur.

"One of our slight problems is our position in the table. We're not prepared to pay over the odds."

He added: "We've done that in the past.

"We've chased these people down to get them to the club and in the end they've proved to be the wrong type of person or the wrong type of player.

"We're trying to build something for the long-term future."

Reading into that, particularly the last line, would you sign a 33 year old if you were building for the future?

Reading into that, particularly the last line, would you sign a 33 year old if you were building for the future?

You would if you thought it gave you a better chance of staying in this division. Can attract better players in the summer and move on from there. In my opinion we wont sell Dele because at the moment he's integral to our team.

Same.

I've heard nothing about this except for on here.

It was mentioned on SSN last night while they were doing a review of yesterdays result, mentioned while cardiffs win over Nott forest was being discussed " Cardiff beat Forest blah blah blah, meanwhile SSN are understood to believe that Notts Forest have tabled a bid for Bristol City's Dele adebola and blah blah blah" not a separate item.

Right, must have missed it.

I've not seen it today or anywhere online; maybe Sky Sports were talking balls?

Wouldn't be the first time...

According to Arny (remember him?) on another forum Forest did make an offer - his latest posting said:

Its going on mucker. Dele wants to stay, but on the money front plus a 2 year deal with Forest he would be mad to stay. The best City would offer him is a 12 month deal.

Heard Forest offered £300k. Now that aint bad but want the fella to stay

It was mentioned on SSN last night while they were doing a review of yesterdays result, mentioned while cardiffs win over Nott forest was being discussed " Cardiff beat Forest blah blah blah, meanwhile SSN are understood to believe that Notts Forest have tabled a bid for Bristol City's Dele adebola and blah blah blah" not a separate item.

Yes, that's right. It didn't appear on the screen, just in the voice-over. I was half watching, heard 'bid for Dele Adebola' and panicked!

According to Arny (remember him?) on another forum Forest did make an offer - his latest posting said:

Its going on mucker. Dele wants to stay, but on the money front plus a 2 year deal with Forest he would be mad to stay. The best City would offer him is a 12 month deal.

Heard Forest offered £300k. Now that aint bad but want the fella to stay

Thanks for that.

Really torn on this one; not sure the best course of action for us.

Interesting that Akinde was on the bench yesterday; maybe being primed for a bigger role over the remainder of the season?

£300k for a 33 year old we bought for less 12 months ago who has given good service (and is not exactly injury free) isn't bad, and he'd have to be interested with 2 years of security at another championship club.

However, his experience could prove vital if this revival turns into a playoff push, and I'd be amazed if the likes of Styvar (no Championship experience), Akinde (no league experience) and Trundle (very different type of player) could give us the same sort of option he can in certain circumstances.

Jez - that is a tough one if this is true.

£300k with 6 months left on his contract, GL & SL have to accept that offer. We'd miss the big guy, but that is a fantastic offer, and a good deal for Dele if they offer him 18 months too.

Hope it's not true, unless someone is lined up to come in, or GJ thinks we have enough 'clubs in the bag'

Archived