IGNORED

Dele Adebola

mightyreds89

Adebola is going to be important for us this season in the league and with the development of Akinde. I'd prefer him to stay for another season and a half as his experience is vital and he can turn games around with his power.

We don't really need the money from his transfer as him playing would be more important for us.

Comments on this story saying Adebola already signed. :angry:

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/sport/Bo...il/article.html

To be fair that's just a comment on a story, made well after the rumour was floated on here, so could be pure speculation/guess work.

I imagine we'll see tomorrow.

If it is true it may be that we (and Forest at our request) are keeping it underwraps until we've completed some business of our own to compensate for the loss.

At least tonight/tomorrow sil holds some interest for us!

First of all the people calling John a '######' and such like are totally out of order. If you don't rate him as a player fine but have the common decency not to resort to name calling - or perhaps alternatively call him a ###### to his face, good luck with that.

In regard to the topic as others have said this is a real dilemma. I like Adebola and think he very much has a role to play, however would I turn down a decent bid for a player firmly in the twilight of his career whose contract expires in the summer, I'm not so sure.

To be fair that's just a comment on a story, made well after the rumour was floated on here, so could be pure speculation/guess work.

I imagine we'll see tomorrow.

If it is true it may be that we (and Forest at our request) are keeping it underwraps until we've completed some business of our own to compensate for the loss.

At least tonight/tomorrow sil holds some interest for us!

But doesn't the guy who claims this say that his son in law plays for City "Brizzle"????

300k is a good offer but unless we've got someone lined up to replace him we'ld be crazy to accept it. Dele holds the ball up, wins balls in the air and brings other players into the game. No one else at the club can do that, so I'ld reject the offer the team is more important than the cash.

Be disappointed if he goes. We are battling with Forest for league position still and I don't see how selling one of our best strikers to a rival club is positive in any way. We won't get anyone of Dele's ability for £300k with only 24 hours to search. Akinde could be groomed into the role but we've got a vital few months coming up and I know who I'd rather have coming off the bench when chasing a game...or starting for that matter...

Overall bad news if he goes.

First of all the people calling John a '######' and such like are totally out of order. If you don't rate him as a player fine but have the common decency not to resort to name calling - or perhaps alternatively call him a ###### to his face, good luck with that.

In regard to the topic as others have said this is a real dilemma. I like Adebola and think he very much has a role to play, however would I turn down a decent bid for a player firmly in the twilight of his career whose contract expires in the summer, I'm not so sure.

I wouldnt mind calling him a ###### to his face.......its not like he is going to run after me is it :noexpression:

But doesn't the guy who claims this say that his son in law plays for City "Brizzle"????

Yeah I seen a comment also the guy saying his son in law plays for us, hhhhmmm who could that be with Nottingham area links?

I can't see this going ahead unless we do have a replacement.

True, but this is the internet, and I could say my best mate's brother plays for Nottingham Forest and that it's all a load of rubbish and I'd be just as credible.

Plus the players are not always privvy to everything. There is a story concerning Andy Keogh and us that has proven this in the past.

Ok so if I think a player is performing far below the acceptable standard I have to just go "that wasn't good enough try again" :disapointed2se:

The guy is a proffesional and takes home by far more money than he deserves. If he showed some passion or effort then I might get off his back

but until then I'm going to voice my opinion that he is a lazy, uninterested *expletive deleted* who is taking home an undeservedly hefty wage packet

That better or am I still being too offensive?

They can get stuffed, or have John.

Always a bit of a challenge to sell a player that doesn't belong to you. I think Saints (whilst happy to get him off their books) would have a thing or two to say about where the fee went.

Agree I think this is ctually a non-rumour to start with - skysport.com transfer centre is usually pretty good at sniffing around the slightest stench of a rumour and there is nothing doing on there.

Finally, disappointing to see yet another thread deteriorate into subjective and personal attacks on City players and fellow posters. If you are going slate your peers, at least have the courage to type in full the expletives you no doubt haven't got the balls to say to their face instead of using symbols.

Be disappointed if he goes. We are battling with Forest for league position still and I don't see how selling one of our best strikers to a rival club is positive in any way. We won't get anyone of Dele's ability for £300k with only 24 hours to search. Akinde could be groomed into the role but we've got a vital few months coming up and I know who I'd rather have coming off the bench when chasing a game...or starting for that matter...

Overall bad news if he goes.

I agree with you here. For the life of me, I see no reason why we should sell Dele for £300k?? Ok, its what he may be worth, but at this moment in time, he is probally our most influential striker.....he is a big old lump, difficult to mark, always gives 100%, and is always good for a few goals. To sell him now, in my eyes, would be ridiculous.

It will probably down to Adebola himself. He may want to stay at City but the lure of a two year deal might be enough to tempt him especially if City are likely to offer him a one year deal.

Personally I think £300k is good buisness especially as City have Akinde to develop into that type of role.

It will probably down to Adebola himself. He may want to stay at City but the lure of a two year deal might be enough to tempt him especially if City are likely to offer him a one year deal.

Personally I think £300k is good buisness especially as City have Akinde to develop into that type of role.

Yeah but surely, with the very slim outside chance of reaching the play-offs this year, we should be keeping hold of our senior and more influential players??

Down to Adebola? no its not, he is under contract here until the summer. So its down to the club. End of story. Adebola has come across as nothing but a model professional since he joined us, and if we were to turn the bid down, have no doubt he would continue to give us 100%

Its not how much he is worth, its how much it would cost for us to replace him. The influence and experience he brings to the team, is worth a lot more then £300k

Yeah but surely, with the very slim outside chance of reaching the play-offs this year, we should be keeping hold of our senior and more influential players??

Down to Adebola? no its not, he is under contract here until the summer. So its down to the club. End of story. Adebola has come across as nothing but a model professional since he joined us, and if we were to turn the bid down, have no doubt he would continue to give us 100%

Its not how much he is worth, its how much it would cost for us to replace him. The influence and experience he brings to the team, is worth a lot more then £300k

If we've accepted a bid then it is up to Adebola whether he wants to go or not - guess it depends on how long a contract Forest are going to offer him and whether we intend to extend his contract after end of this season.

Can't see it a case of us wanting to sell him nor needing the money - might just be that we are giving him the opportunity to get a better deal ....

Not that I want him to go however!

If city have accepted an offer that's as good as telling the player his contract won't be renewed (not a surprise IMO given his age) so I'd think he will take a move.

I think realistically we're not going up this season so I'd be happy enough to use Akinde in the situations where we'd normally use Adebola and give him some experience as we build for next season.

Down to Adebola? no its not, he is under contract here until the summer. So its down to the club. End of story.

Theoretically is down to the club but in practice if a player wants to go then the club would not stand in their way.Thats especially so in the case of an ageing player like Adebola. A move now would be hid last one and last chance of a decent pay day - even more reason not to block any potential move.

If Dele wants to move then City will let him go.End of story

Theoretically is down to the club but in practice if a player wants to go then the club would not stand in their way.Thats especially so in the case of an ageing player like Adebola. A move now would be hid last one and last chance of a decent pay day - even more reason not to block any potential move.

If Dele wants to move then City will let him go.End of story

Maybe, but as I said before, we still have an outside chance at the play-offs.....and selling Dele would weaken our squad even further! Regardless of whether he may want to move back to the midlands, he was happy to sign his contract for 18 months when he joined, so if we need him for 18 months....then we should keep him for 18 months.

I would be surprised if we let him go, as I see NO benefit to the club whatsoever! Although, I'm sure if he did leave, we will have an adequate replacement lined up surely?? I mean....its not like City to sell a player and not bring in a replacement

Maybe, but as I said before, we still have an outside chance at the play-offs.....and selling Dele would weaken our squad even further! Regardless of whether he may want to move back to the midlands, he was happy to sign his contract for 18 months when he joined, so if we need him for 18 months....then we should keep him for 18 months.

I would be surprised if we let him go, as I see NO benefit to the club whatsoever! Although, I'm sure if he did leave, we will have an adequate replacement lined up surely?? I mean....its not like City to sell a player and not bring in a replacement

Well there could be a valid excuse this time, he's stuck in the snow :innocent06:

Archived