IGNORED

Johnson Interview

Longacre_red

Wolves did bid for Elliott (Just under £2m in installments) Portsmouth never interested.

No enquiries about James Wilson

Forest, Blackpool and a few others enquired about Adebola (blackpool made a loan offer which was laughed off)

None of the Triallists were fit enough as they hadn't played for Months. Merino was good until he played against a half decent Plymouth side.

Mentioned the Portugese centre back wasn't a very good defender, but good going forward.

8-10 clubs interested in Scott Murray on loan, all rejected as Murray is happy at City, Johnson explained again that he loves having him at the club.

Leeds wanted Trundle until the end of the season which was rejected.

Plummer needs to adapt to playing mans football.

Noble has turned down loan moves to Southend and Brighton, sounded like he has been told he needs to go (don't think he will be offered a new contract)

City made contact with Styvar before Villa game.

JMW - No future at the club

Artus needs a run of games, but has an issue with a Hamstring injury that keeps happening

Iriekpen was in Bristol within 12 hours of City asking if he was interested (Turned down Leicester aswell as Hamilton)

He also mentioned that he wasn't happy at the way Stern John was ironicly cheered off on Sat - John was upset by it. Johnson also said he was upset that it has happened to other players before.

Cardiff never made any contact about Mcindoe.

Thinks midfield is strong enough with Johnson, Williams, Elliot, Skuse, Mcindoe, Sproule, Murray etc. Admitted he knows Lee Johnson has a lot of critics.

Think that about covers it all.

Ta for the write up, just about what I expected mainly.

Interesting to note that Merino was not good enough rather than not fit enough despite what was said in the press, and surprised to hear JMW written off publicly (not surprised he's no future here though).

I'd disagree with him entirely about the midfield being strong enough since we have only one left sided player and only two players seemingly under consideration for starting in the central two positions.

I think it's disappointing that Noble's been told to move on without really getting a chance in the middle of the park at this level despite making key contributions in random cameos.

Surely that has to say something about how other clubs rate him, whatever our fans think?

I think it's more likely there's no interest because he's not getting a game here. Rarely do players who hardly get a game all season get offers from clubs at the same level.

Edit: Should add, much credit to the club and GJ for giving such a frank interview on a subject that's clearly of much interest to fans.

He has been told he needs to go out on loan, but doesnt want to drop to league 1 and GJ doesnt want him to go to a CCC as they are our competition.

Noble is happy to train with the first team until a club that he fancies does come in for a loan offer, but GJ will veto any club that he feels is unsuitable if they will hinder BCFC's progression this year.

So is he saying that he would improve our competitors midfield if he went to another CCC club, but is not good enough for ours?

Interesting to note that Merino was not good enough rather than not fit enough despite what was said in the press

That's not fully what he said.

He said he had all the tricks that Merino showed on youtube, but to do that in the Championship, then track back, then do it again would take a level of fitness they couldn't get him to for it to be worth bringing him in.

So there was an issue with fitness, in that respect.

He also said he couldn't see where he'd fit into the team and that, whilst capable of some great skill, he was a luxury player that we couldn't accommodate.

So is he saying that he would improve our competitors midfield if he went to another CCC club, but is not good enough for ours?

No don't put words into his mouth - I said these are my impressions of what was said - GJ's first responsibility is to BCFC and not to individual players and as such for the best interest of our club. I got the impression he would only allow him to go to a club where the threat to us would be negligible i.e. if Charlton came in then perhaps he would be allowed to go but if Ipswich came in then tough titties he's not going - he mentioned league 1 specifically which leads me to think that he wants him to go to a club where he causes no threat to the best interests of our club.

I find myself agreeing with RIAZ in this regard. I don't blame Noble for hanging out if there is a chance of Championship football and he is capable.

Look at his performance against Middlesborough and into the play off's. If played consistently he shines.

But the fact is he has not played consistently, obviously because Gary thinks he is not good enough.

He has indeed played well in the few games we have seen him in but that is not value for money. One reason or another gary does not play him.. thats good enough for me and he knows best as he sees his charges day in and day out. its disappointing for everyone, thats just the way it is.

Interesting to note that Noble didn't want to go out on loan to League One but that Trundle asked to go out on loan.

Difference in attitude there.

I think the phrase is something along the lines of "some people prefer being a footballer to actually playing football".

I can't for the life of me get my head round why Nobes wouldn't want to go to Southend or BHA & have a chance to put himself in the shop window, either to revitalise his career here or, more likely, improve his options come the end of the season??

I think the phrase is something along the lines of "some people prefer being a footballer to actually playing football".

I can't for the life of me get my head round why Nobes wouldn't want to go to Southend or BHA & have a chance to put himself in the shop window, either to revitalise his career here or, more likely, improve his options come the end of the season??

biz partner of mines son is youth team coach at Brighton.. i'll have a word.

It certainly does yes - GJ obviously does not rate him either, for some reason - that reason is likely to be is lack of defensive responsiblity or maybe motivation.

But as a fan I think he's is good enough.

Well he does obviously rate him because he was one of his first signings. Remember though, we were in league one at the time, so he doesnt think hes up to Championship standard.

Thats not my view, but it must be the managers view, surely if Noble wants to impress he would go out on loan for a month and hope Johnson gets good reports of how well he plays.

He also mentioned that he wasn't happy at the way Stern John was ironicly cheered off on Sat - John was upset by it. Johnson also said he was upset that it has happened to other players before

I'm like 99% of City Fans, TOTALLY embarrassed by this small minded minority, who the hell in their right mind BOO's or Jeer's a City player wearing the City shirt??? I can only assume AG had a few Sags at the game to watch a decent side play for once, no other explanation seems possible.

If they would like to come on here and explain they're reason why they feel they do this I would appreciate the opportunity to give them some words or advise. (I Would prefer to beat the living s**t out of them personally, but meh.)

Little wry smile from Johnson when internet rumours were mentioned...

...could it be??

was thinking the same thing tbh, was led to beleive he couldnt turn a pc on ,let alone watch players on youtube! Bit of a slip if you ask me . Very impressed with the interview, a real insight into the thinking of the great one

Interesting to note that Noble didn't want to go out on loan to League One but that Trundle asked to go out on loan.

Difference in attitude there.

difference in contract more like - with his family and friends here why would he want to move away for a couple of months when he knows full well he'll be going somewhere else in summer. Can't blame him for sitting out his contract giving him plenty of time to find his best option in championship rather than get stuck in league one

difference in contract more like - with his family and friends here why would he want to move away for a couple of months when he knows full well he'll be going somewhere else in summer. Can't blame him for sitting out his contract giving him plenty of time to find his best option in championship rather than get stuck in league one

Not sure I follow - am pretty sure Nobes is single & not sure how many of his family have relocated to the West Country ??

Also pretty sure he's from London so in fact both Sarfend & BHA are more "home" to him.

If he went to league 1 & looked great (which a player of his ability should) surely that would stand him in better stead of getting a good move in the summer as opposed to twiddling his thumbs here, a country mile from the 1st 11 ??

I really can't understand his motives - the key thing to me is that more than anything a pro footballer should want to play football. Compare his attitude with Dean Windass - could stay at Hull as the local hero but would prefer to go to Oldham just to be playing again.

Ye, it seemed to me that he was saying Noble seemed very happy here despite not playing. Mentioning he is only just becoming frustrated at not playing.

FACT that is not true. Maybe even to the extent that Noble tells Johnson he's happy here, I dunno. But he has been 'frustrated' for months.

was thinking the same thing tbh, was led to beleive he couldnt turn a pc on ,let alone watch players on youtube! Bit of a slip if you ask me . Very impressed with the interview, a real insight into the thinking of the great one

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Johnson posted on here. I'd be tempted to let things slip in a subtle and harmless way, were I him.

Well someone turned a pc on for him in the summer, when he watched Meteb play that game for Ahly on the internet, "with growing rage" or something according to the BEP!

My suspicion is Ashtonyate is GJ's alter ego.

He would miss the Wurzels.....

Great stuff, well done Adam and thank you Gary, this does bring you closer to the club and they didn't have to do it. I said a while back regarding the previous PJ interviews that fans don't mind paying for this stuff, things like this, regularly, would shoot the viewing figures up.

Think this is the first web video that I've really looked forward too, sat my self down comfortably and watched, great stuff.

:winner_third_h4h:

I'll start you off with reason No. 1 - Try Java on a Wednesday night. :yawn:

The same that people thought this season after the Plymouth game, he then gets a start and is as anonymous as usual.

Yes he has got the quality but when that quality is for 30 minutes every 3 games it isnt good enough.

It gets a bit tiresome correcting this sort of inaccuracy, but, you are incorrect.

After saving the game against Plymouth Noble didnt start a game until 7 games later at Southampton, when he set up the winner.

The comments effectively say exactly that, you couldnt blame Noble for being a bit pissed off.

Noble could go on loan to League One, its a gamble but hes oibviously decided that if he waits till the end of the season a Championship club will come in for him and being out of contract by then City will be unable to veto it.

I for one don't blame him and in the meantime its a waste of a talent.

The comments effectively say exactly that, you couldnt blame Noble for being a bit pissed off.

Noble could go on loan to League One, its a gamble but hes oibviously decided that if he waits till the end of the season a Championship club will come in for him and being out of contract by then City will be unable to veto it.

Unbelievable. David Noble is a 'professional' athlete in a short-term profession where time is not on his side. Rather than go to a league one club with a greater standard of football than the reserve football he is no-doubt going to be playing at BCFC (rightly or wrongly) he decides to turn it down. By accepting a loan offer from a league one club it is obvious that David Noble's short term future lies away from here, even at a time when the midfield is already an area where numbers are low.

Noble is still under contract and an employee of BCFC. He must appreciate why we wouldn't jeopardise our own prospects by loaning him to a rival club. As fans this must be seen positively. As for the comments effectively saying he is good enough for the championship but not here and not blaming him for being pi55ed off, surely you can. There are plenty of players who have dropped down leagues and taken the initiative to prove the manager wrong: Billy Sharp , Chris Iwelumo, Ricardo Fuller to name a few. He would still be on the same wage by moving to a league one club temporarily and so money shouldn't be an issue.

Contrast David Noble's rejection of the opporunity to play regular football, with Basso's determination to become a professional football with any team. The only thing I can agree with you Nick is that it is a waste of talent... But one Noble has chosen to sanction.

The same that people thought this season after the Plymouth game, he then gets a start and is as anonymous as usual.

Yes he has got the quality but when that quality is for 30 minutes every 3 games it isnt good enough.

Yes Noble has not been the most consistent of players, but, ask yourself this....when was the last time he was given a decent run of games in his preferred position? I mean....like 10/12 games in centre midfield?

People say we need to give Styver chance, or give John a chance....now, when does Noble get HIS chance!

If our midfield over the last 18 months had been that good that they kept him out, Id accept it, but it hasnt! When defenders or strikres have had poor games, they have been dropped, and other players tried! Yet it seems, Lee Johnson (yawn! same old), can turn in s**t after s**t and not get touched

Answer me this, and truthfully......do you go to the games? (thats not a dig, just a genuine question), and if so, are you telling me that our midfield over the last 18 months has been that good...that Noble doesnt at least deserve a chance in the centre????

I take your point, but why would going on loan to Brighton or Southend and excelling there preclude him from a move to a Championship club in the summer?

Surely he would be putting himself in the shop window and be more likely to get his desired move, wouldn't he?

Yes Noble has not been the most consistent of players, but, ask yourself this....when was the last time he was given a decent run of games in his preferred position? I mean....like 10/12 games in centre midfield?

People say we need to give Styver chance, or give John a chance....now, when does Noble get HIS chance!

If our midfield over the last 18 months had been that good that they kept him out, Id accept it, but it hasnt! When defenders or strikres have had poor games, they have been dropped, and other players tried! Yet it seems, Lee Johnson (yawn! same old), can turn in s**t after s**t and not get touched

Answer me this, and truthfully......do you go to the games? (thats not a dig, just a genuine question), and if so, are you telling me that our midfield over the last 18 months has been that good...that Noble doesnt at least deserve a chance in the centre????

Maybe he will deserve his chance as you put it, when he shows GJ that he does.

Archived