IGNORED

Johnson Interview

Longacre_red

I echo the previous sentiments of some of the posters by saying that it was great to see Johnson speak with such honesty. By listening to him speak you really feel that the club is in good hands and everything he does or tries to do is in the clubs best interests. While this forum is in equal measures frustrating and enjoyable(though sometimes more depression inspiring!) and we feel that we know a lot, in reality it seems we know rather little. We have to trust that the manager knows best bearing in mind he sees these players day in day out.

As regards this elusive creative midfielder we have all pined for Johnson quite rightly asks for sensible suggestions. While some of us have our favourites, negatively reacting to substitutions etc are never going to endear us to the players nor the manager.

While John may look a tad lethargic(to put it mildly) at times he is still our player until the end of the season, and the other players really seem to rate his input and guidance. He can be frustrating to watch but at the same time he is more than capable of scoring some crucial goals in the run-in for the playoffs. Surely supporting him is better than jeering him?

It's a shame about Noble but his absence from the squad recently has been rather telling. The same with Myrie-Williams...a player that has never really seemed to progress from his promise as a teenager and the step-up to the championship has seemed to make it even more difficult for him. As he's being released in the summer does this mean we won't be able to add any kind of sell-on clause just in case he ever does fulfil his earlier potential? I assume no as don't they have to be of a certain age and offered a new contract to entitle us to any kind of compensation?

It seems the scouting team are working tirelessly to uncover a gem from all over the world. Let's hope Gary's judgement on players not signed, to be released etc proves correct. Keep up the good work!

The comments effectively say exactly that, you couldnt blame Noble for being a bit pissed off.

Noble could go on loan to League One, its a gamble but hes oibviously decided that if he waits till the end of the season a Championship club will come in for him and being out of contract by then City will be unable to veto it.

I for one don't blame him and in the meantime its a waste of a talent.

I bet you £10 he doesn't end up at a club that is in the Championship (Barring a side promoted from league 1, or relegated from the Championship)

I echo the previous sentiments of some of the posters by saying that it was great to see Johnson speak with such honesty. By listening to him speak you really feel that the club is in good hands and everything he does or tries to do is in the clubs best interests. While this forum is in equal measures frustrating and enjoyable(though sometimes more depression inspiring!) and we feel that we know a lot, in reality it seems we know rather little. We have to trust that the manager knows best bearing in mind he sees these players day in day out.

As regards this elusive creative midfielder we have all pined for Johnson quite rightly asks for sensible suggestions. While some of us have our favourites, negatively reacting to substitutions etc are never going to endear us to the players nor the manager.

While John may look a tad lethargic(to put it mildly) at times he is still our player until the end of the season, and the other players really seem to rate his input and guidance. He can be frustrating to watch but at the same time he is more than capable of scoring some crucial goals in the run-in for the playoffs. Surely supporting him is better than jeering him?

It's a shame about Noble but his absence from the squad recently has been rather telling. The same with Myrie-Williams...a player that has never really seemed to progress from his promise as a teenager and the step-up to the championship has seemed to make it even more difficult for him. As he's being released in the summer does this mean we won't be able to add any kind of sell-on clause just in case he ever does fulfil his earlier potential? I assume no as don't they have to be of a certain age and offered a new contract to entitle us to any kind of compensation?

It seems the scouting team are working tirelessly to uncover a gem from all over the world. Let's hope Gary's judgement on players not signed, to be released etc proves correct. Keep up the good work!

He's under 24, so as long as he's informed of the club's decision before a set date (May, I think), the club still holds his registration despite his contract lapsing, and can negotiate a transfer.

In Jennison's case, I imagine it will be a free transfer with a sell on clause.

Gladly, when you answer the question I posed you.

I've done LJ to death - I'm not going back there - I was talking about DN and what he may have done to deserve a run in the first team - if you want to discuss LJ's performance on Tuesday then ask someone else - although I'm flattered you value my opinion so highly.

I've done LJ to death - I'm not going back there - I was talking about DN and what he may have done to deserve a run in the first team - if you want to discuss LJ's performance on Tuesday then ask someone else - although I'm flattered you value my opinion so highly.

I'll do it for you. You can't answer my question because you weren't there. You are hardly ever there, so what do you base your superior knowledge on?.

There are people that post on here who go to nearly every game and have an opinion based on what they have seen, we wont all agree but that is life. What do you base your opinions on, heresay!.

He's under 24, so as long as he's informed of the club's decision before a set date (May, I think), the club still holds his registration despite his contract lapsing, and can negotiate a transfer.

In Jennison's case, I imagine it will be a free transfer with a sell on clause.

Edit-presumably we need to offer him a contract for this to work? Saying this I can't see him going on to a level higher than league 1/league 2 level so we shouldn't lose out too much in the future. Maybe the Gas will look at him as they like trying to take our young cast-offs?

I'll do it for you. You can't answer my question because you weren't there. You are hardly ever there, so what do you base your superior knowledge on?.

There are people that post on here who go to nearly every game and have an opinion based on what they have seen, we wont all agree but that is life. What do you base your opinions on, heresay!.

I wouldn't give a #### how LJ played Tuesday night - he could have given the ball away half a dozen times leading to half a dozen goals for all I care - that does not answer the original question that I was replying to which, for your benefit as you don't seem able to figure it out (and in bold for added clarity), was "What has David Noble done to deserve a run in the team?" How LJ played on Tuesday night is not relevant to that question.

He's under 24, so as long as he's informed of the club's decision before a set date (May, I think), the club still holds his registration despite his contract lapsing, and can negotiate a transfer

For that to be the case we have to at least offer a contract at the wage the player is currently on.

There are also people who see the players train, see them in the dressing room, see their personalities, see their reactions to defeat and victory and see the desire in their eyes.

I trust those people's opinions more.

For that to be the case we have to at least offer a contract at the wage the player is currently on.

Yeah, on reflection, I think that may be right.

I guess you make it clear to the player that he's never going to feature and that he'd be better off elsewhere.

"What has David Noble done to deserve a run in the team?"

Played very well in the vast majority of the games for which he's been selected in the middle or in the hole. Affected games from the bench in the fleeting cameo appearances he's been given. Looked like an all round class player who despite the unsupported hearsay and rumour on here seems to have a perfectly fine positive and committed attitude on the pitch.

Perhaps you could elaborate on why you think he shouldn't get a chance in his preferred position even when the other players in that position are injured or very out of form?

The comments effectively say exactly that, you couldnt blame Noble for being a bit pissed off.

Noble could go on loan to League One, its a gamble but hes oibviously decided that if he waits till the end of the season a Championship club will come in for him and being out of contract by then City will be unable to veto it.

I for one don't blame him and in the meantime its a waste of a talent.

But surely the criminal waste of talent is not playing anywhere ??

He could get a career ending injury at any point, I really struggle that he doesn't want to play football ???

I think he's a good player & I really hope he plays a lot of his career at this level, but sadly I just can't see it.

Played very well in the vast majority of the games for which he's been selected in the middle or in the hole. Affected games from the bench in the fleeting cameo appearances he's been given. Looked like an all round class player who despite the unsupported hearsay and rumour on here seems to have a perfectly fine positive and committed attitude on the pitch.

Perhaps you could elaborate on why you think he shouldn't get a chance in his preferred position even when the other players in that position are injured or very out of form?

The guy he has to impress is GJ - he clearly hasn't done that for some reason. I'm confident that both GJ and DN know what that is and I'm equally confident that it formed part of the discussion around the new contract last summer. Now if DN was a comitted as some like to think I find it incomprehensible that he would spurn the opportunity to prove the manager wrong by going out on loan to either Southend or Brighton.

The guy he has to impress is GJ - he clearly hasn't done that for some reason. I'm confident that both GJ and DN know what that is and I'm equally confident that it formed part of the discussion around the new contract last summer. Now if DN was a comitted as some like to think I find it incomprehensible that he would spurn the opportunity to prove the manager wrong by going out on loan to either Southend or Brighton.

In other words, you've got nothing first hand to base your opinion on.

In other words, you've got nothing first hand to base your opinion on.

With respect, neither have you. You only see him in the games he plays. I don't think it unreasonable to draw conclusions from other information that's in the public domain - like GJ doesn't pick him, like GJ tells him his future lies elsewhere, like he refuses to go out on loan. I'm sure all your opinions aren't based entirely what happens on the pitch are they?

• Admin
You forgot to mention seeing players at the sunday dinner table.

Again the accusation of nepotism surfaces.

If you believe GJ is guilty of this then it follows that you believe he is guilty of deliberately fielding a weaker team.

If we had a different manager (unrelated to any of the players) he would undoubtedly choose the strongest team.

Do you want Gary to be sacked & if not why not?

With respect, neither have you. You only see him in the games he plays.

Ah yes, I've nothing first hand to base my opinion that he should be in the first team on other than my watching him play in the first team. What a crazy idea.

I don't think it unreasonable to draw conclusions from other information that's in the public domain - like GJ doesn't pick him, like GJ tells him his future lies elsewhere, like he refuses to go out on loan. I'm sure all your opinions aren't based entirely what happens on the pitch are they?

It's entirely unreasonable to draw conclusions from second hand information particularly when that information is one side of the story only. Opinions, fine. You seem to be saying that because GJ gets more right than he gets wrong, we must therefore assume he's right all the time even when the evidence our own eyes gives us indicates quite clearly he isn't.

Ah yes, I've nothing first hand to base my opinion that he should be in the first team on other than my watching him play in the first team. What a crazy idea.

It's entirely unreasonable to draw conclusions from second hand information particularly when that information is one side of the story only. Opinions, fine. You seem to be saying that because GJ gets more right than he gets wrong, we must therefore assume he's right all the time even when the evidence our own eyes gives us indicates quite clearly he isn't.

It's not second hand information though is it. GJ has said those things - we've heard him - it's not a friend of a friend of a friend rumour. Granted DN has said nothing - not to me anyway - but his refusal to go out on loan speak volumes in my opinion - do you not think that strange?

A perfectly valid point of view but you express your opinion as though it was fact. Perhaps for our own eyes read your own eyes?

It's not second hand information though is it. GJ has said those things - we've heard him - it's not a friend of a friend of a friend rumour. Granted DN has said nothing - not to me anyway - but his refusal to go out on loan speak volumes in my opinion - do you not think that strange?

Unless you've observed whatever GJ has that has made him think Noble should leave, which you haven't because you're just deferring to his judgement, you're basing your opinion on second hand info. You also have no idea what GJ isn't saying, he's hardly going to announce anything that does other than support his decision is he?

I don't find the loan thing strange because going out on loan to a division lower is a no win for a player confident he won't have a problem finding a club at this level. He goes out on loan and plays well and his critics can say he found his level. He goes out on loan and gets injured he might scupper a move. He goes out on loan and doesn't find form in the first two or three games and he's just proving the doubters right.

A perfectly valid point of view but you express your opinion as though it was fact. Perhaps for our own eyes read your own eyes?

I don't think most people on this forum are stupid enough to confuse opinion and fact so I don't see the need to sprinkle "in my view" and "in my opinion" all over a post.

If you believe GJ is guilty of this then it follows that you believe he is guilty of deliberately fielding a weaker team.

If we had a different manager (unrelated to any of the players) he would undoubtedly choose the strongest team.

Do you want Gary to be sacked & if not why not?

It's actually a potentially libellous accusation, in my view.

Certainly more serious than claiming a player was out on the piss.

So I too would be interested to know if that's the accusation being made and, if so, why the poster isn't calling for the manager to be sacked.

I could well be reading too much into it but Gary seemed to be saying in the interview that we were only now starting to see the best of Gavin Williams because of fitness issues and that Lee Johnson "does a good job". It struck me from those comments that he might actually rate Williams above Johnson as an attacking midfielder but has been restricted in his choices by the lack of fitness of the former.

He's clearly lost patience with Noble and we can forget about him. I'm sure Danny Wilson at Swindon Town will be delighted to take him.

Archived