IGNORED

Penalty

Guest churchill gaffer

Guest churchill gaffer

I'm not trying to be clever. But I have always said Orr should not be the Penalty taker.

He puts the ball to close to the keeper everytime.

The only way he scores, is a 50 /50 by putting the keeper the wrong way.

My choice would either be Maynard or Mccindoe.

Who would yours be and Why ?

Orr has always taken poor penaltys.

McIndoe had a poor one at Saints, and a decent one saved against Forest.

Maynard smashed his in the corner with power so don't know why he wasnt on it.

This rotation policy is bollox, just let the best player on the pitch take it.

Is that his third miss now? I have no problem with him stepping up after scoring last week but now he's missed I think that's the end of his dutys.

I think Lee J wouldn't be a bad shout, or giving it back to Maynard who routinely drilled them in for Crewe and only missed one against the best goalkeeper in England.

Is that his third miss now? I have no problem with him stepping up after scoring last week but now he's missed I think that's the end of his dutys.

I think Lee J wouldn't be a bad shout, or giving it back to Maynard who routinely drilled them in for Crewe and only missed one against the best goalkeeper in England.

Would LJ want it though?? imagine the crap he would get if he missed!!!!

The thing is, Maynard missed his last penalty against Portsmouth. Orr scored one last week against Norwich so it made sense for Orr to take it. I'd guess someone like Gavin Williams should take it next time though.

Williams isn't a bad shout but Maynard having a penalty saved by the best keeper in the country is not a reason to let Orr (who is a poor penalty taker) take one. There should be a number of players in the queue before him.

I wouldn't want to see LeeJ taking one either. He would get so much stick if he misses and also I don't think he has enough power and would maybe try a 'dink' anyway!!!

Adebola maybe? Strength, experience and seems to know where the net is!

Just listening to GJ interview on World

McAllister would have taken penalty if had got one in second half

He may be penalty taker on Tuesday

Apparently Carey can take a good pen too!

Why the hell our we looking at our defenders to take pens? It seems a strange on to me.

Scored against Norwich and no-one said anything

I did - I thought the penalty against Norwich was fairly poor (although admittedly I only saw the highlights). Wasn't in the corner at all, he was just lucky the keeper went the wrong way. I had a bad feeling as soon as he grabbed the ball that we would be seeing yet another penalty save at Ashton Gate this season.

I'm not trying to be clever. But I have always said Orr should not be the Penalty taker.

Stupid post. What would you be saying if the keeper guessed the other way? Fair play to Bradley I say

Stupid post. What would you be saying if the keeper guessed the other way? Fair play to Bradley I say

Its not stupid at all. Brad hits it keeper height, pretty central but usually to their right.

Crap penalty technique that can be bettered if someone can get it in the corner or with some height.

We've had 5 penalties this season and score only 1, before today Orr had been the only one to score, with Maynard and McIndoe guilty of missing... It's swings and roundabouts.

That said, it was a shocking penalty, of Yakubu standard.

We've had 5 penalties this season and score only 1, before today Orr had been the only one to score, with Maynard and McIndoe guilty of missing... It's swings and roundabouts.

That said, it was a shocking penalty, of Yakubu standard.

What?

We have scored two maynard v burnley and orr v norwich

Archived