IGNORED

Ivan Sproule

Guest Eamer

I just wanted to bring attention to Sproule. We all know that Southampton couldn't handle him today and he took the piss a bit by running right up to the goal line at the end wfor his goal but everytime I saw him, whether on the ball or off it he had the biggest smile on his face. He looked like he was loving every single minute and it was great to see that.

That is all.

Yeah thought he was quality today, you could see the fullbacks were all over the place within 5 mins of him coming on he was fouled twice! i was relieved he got his goal because i really think that if he hits form and we can utilise him at the right time in a match, he could really change a game.

He was great, a great cross for Dele that their defender just managed to get in front of, and drew fouls from their players all over the place because at any level, defenders don't like being run at. With a bit of confidence under his belt, he is looking very good, and certainly one who has lost out on the bench because of our good run.

I just wanted to bring attention to Sproule. We all know that Southampton couldn't handle him today and he took the piss a bit by running right up to the goal line at the end wfor his goal but everytime I saw him, whether on the ball or off it he had the biggest smile on his face. He looked like he was loving every single minute and it was great to see that.

That is all.

Made me smile too, the goal just made me laugh, brilliant, that's what football should be like. Well Done Ivor!

I will admit i thought he was shaping up to be one of the worst footballers i've seen down the gate in my 6 or 7 year's of owning a season ticket but as a sub he is a great asset to have and i don't want to see anybody fail so i hope he can have a good career at City as he's a very exciting player when on form :D

If ivan sproule is utilised properly, he could be the difference between us reaching the play offs or not.

He is great at running at defenders, and terrifies them with his pace, but i would also like to see him play on the shoulder of the defender and running in behind, which he barely never does.

Has his end product improved lately?

I know there was the fine goal today, and he scored a similar one v Southampton last year also if memory serves correctly.

Essentially, someone I know who went to the Portsmouth home game and goes to see City from time had this assessment of him on that performance: Sproule was mostly excellent, but no ultimate end product.

Fair assessment?

Has his end product improved lately?

I know there was the fine goal today, and he scored a similar one v Southampton last year also if memory serves correctly.

Essentially, someone I know who went to the Portsmouth home game and goes to see City from time had this assessment of him on that performance: Sproule was mostly excellent, but no ultimate end product.

Fair assessment?

Ian Dennis on 5 LIve said great pace, no end product as it happens, having seen him before. If he could produce consistent end product he'd be a Prem player.

I will admit i thought he was shaping up to be one of the worst footballers i've seen down the gate in my 6 or 7 year's of owning a season ticket but as a sub he is a great asset to have and i don't want to see anybody fail so i hope he can have a good career at City as he's a very exciting player when on form :D

very harsh. lack of end product yes. but he's no that bad!! his goal last season at home to southampton was quality and one of the best i've seen at the gate - and he's not bad defensively either - always willing to track back and put a tackle in - impressive for a out and out winger.

Maths question concerning Ivan's sprint for THAT goal.

60mph = 88 feet per second. Watching ITV this morning he took 9 seconds to make the run towards the Saints' goal. Anyone notice which advert he was alongside so the distance covered can be calculated exactly please?

If as GJ said in the post match interview it was 90 yards, that puts Ivan at 10 yards, (30 feet) per second, which is getting on for 20mph average. As he had to speed up from a standing start he had to exceed 20mph for part of the run.

The Jamaican Usain Bolt took 9.69 seconds to win the 100 meter dash in last year's Olympics. Usain had not been playing football for 90 minutes immediately prior to his run though.

very harsh. lack of end product yes. but he's no that bad!! his goal last season at home to southampton was quality and one of the best i've seen at the gate - and he's not bad defensively either - always willing to track back and put a tackle in - impressive for a out and out winger.

One of the most memorable goals I've ever seen at Ashton Gate. The highlights this morning showed Sproule being picked out by a classy Basso throw for Sproule to outsprint the Saints defence. Watching it live yesterday from the Atyeo I thought Sproule almost cocked up but the highlights show he was in control with his final touches. :dancing6:

Archived