Now For The Hard Bit...

mozo

Next five games:

Doncaster (away) - also on a great run

Reading (away) - potential champions

Blackpool (home) - resilient

Birmingham (away) - promotion contenders

Derby (away) - Clough factor, form improving

Now, normally, I wouldn't hold much hope of picking up points there, however we are full of belief at the moment, so unusual things could happen.

Anyone expect us still to be competing by mid-march?

Next five games:

Now, normally, I wouldn't hold much hope of picking up points there, however we are full of belief at the moment, so unusual things could happen.

Donny-Win 2-1

Reading-Draw 2-2

Blackpool-Win 3-2

Brum-Draw 1-1(we have seen them struggle to sides such as swansea,cardiff,burnley.......)

Derby-Grind out a 2-1 win

If we settle for (just) a play off place; a win at Donny on Tuesday would put City 4th. After that we only need to match the results of teams beneath us instead of bettering the results of those above us.

However pick up wins at places such as Reading and the dream (unfortunately that is currently what it is) of auto promo becomes more of a possibility.

We're 10 points off 2nd aren't we. Definitely achieveable especially considering how Reading still have to play, aside from us, the likes of Birmingham, Doncaster away, Wolves still have to play Birmingham, who also have to travel to Doncaster, Palace away is never easy.

In short, plenty of twists and turns still to come!

We're 10 points off 2nd aren't we. Definitely achieveable especially considering how Reading still have to play, aside from us, the likes of Birmingham, Doncaster away, Wolves still have to play Birmingham, who also have to travel to Doncaster, Palace away is never easy.

Ten points and we still have to play them so that's 7 points then. Wasn't so long ago we were 10 points off the play offs so...

Exactly...This thing can go anywhere now...Win at Donny and at Reading and it is all up for grabs...Who would bet against us at those two games?

I wouldnt bet against us winning or losing any or all of those games;

We are on a run at the moment, confidence is high; Donny,Reading etc will know they`ve been in a game what ever the result; and no-one will be looking forward to playing B.C.F.C.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE/LIKELY :noexpression:

Donny-Win 2-1

Reading-Draw 2-2

Blackpool-Win 3-2

Brum-Draw 1-1(we have seen them struggle to sides such as swansea,cardiff,burnley.......)

Derby-Grind out a 2-1 win

It's not going to be a easy month but some of them are win able although I'm not so sure we will stay un beaten.my predcitions:

Donny win 2-1

Reading Draw 1-1

Blackpool Win 2-1

Brum lose 2-1

Deryb win 2-1

I think it's vital we win against Doncaster to just get into the play off's even though all of the teams around us have lots of games in hand. we have done the hard work they other teams still need to prove it.

Next five games:

As you and I have discussed before I reckon getting through March still in contention is the key. At the moment we simply cannot do any better than we already are, we have made up so many points on teams that were way ahead of us going into January that this push could take us into a prayoff spot on Tuesday night.

That's what is so wonderful about the CCC. You can't possibly predict.

If we are still competing by mid-march we should reach the play-offs.

If I'm driving back from reading knowing we have won. That could be a major turning point in the season.

A truism if ever there was one!

The Wolves Wobble continues and it looks as if at this point that we are competing with Preston, Sheff Utd, Burnley, Swansea and QPR for two prayoff spots as surely Reading and Cardiff have enough in hand now?

Although nothing is decided yet, these last eight games have been fantastic results and we are putting ourselves in control of our own destiny as far as securing a prayoff spot is concerned.

Next five games:

Doncaster (away) - Win

Reading (away) - Lose

Blackpool (home) - Win

Birmingham (away) - Lose

Derby (away) - Draw

There seems to be a lot of optimism judging by previous comments, but I'd say this is more realistic.

I'd settle for 7 points from the five games, and would be chuffed with 8.

If we manage 9/10 points, I'll be convinced we're destined for the play-offs! :winner_third_h4h:

We also have six-pointers to come against Burnley, Swansea and Cardiff...

Definately yes!

We have a team and manager who's work ethic completely outclasses that of other sides in this league. You may ask why i think this? how do i know what other clubs are like? fair one, but i base this on the fact that IF the likes of wolves, Brum reading etc had a work ethic anything like ours they would be miles and miles ahead. The same can be said of many a team below us in my opinion, their are damn good squads in this league and for some reason they do not perform. We do, and its because of the way GJ, club and players go about their proffession that makes it happen. I, like last season, don't believe we are among the best squads in this divsion in terms of 'actual' quality, but our teamwork, fitness, determination, proffesionalism, etc etc, is second to none. We have a solid team with great belief and commitment to the club, this will serve us well at this time of the year, when legs are aching, the mind is tired and the seasons coming to an end.

I truely believe EVERY player is playing for BCFC, and I'm not sure that can be said of other players at teams in this league.

There seems to be a lot of optimism judging by previous comments, but I'd say this is more realistic.

I'd settle for 7 points from the five games, and would be chuffed with 8.

If we manage 9/10 points, I'll be convinced we're destined for the play-offs! :winner_third_h4h:

We also have six-pointers to come against Burnley, Swansea and Cardiff...

Agree if we can manage to nick anything over 8 points than i think we can safly say we are in the play-offs.

I feel as though a draw at Doncaster would be a very good result. Both teams in form- draw probably most likely.

I was staggered to see Donny have scored only 8 and conceded only 10 at home so far. With that record and our record of clean sheets I reckon 0-0 is favourite.

Definately yes!

We have a team and manager who's work ethic completely outclasses that of other sides in this league. You may ask why i think this? how do i know what other clubs are like? fair one, but i base this on the fact that IF the likes of wolves, Brum reading etc had a work ethic anything like ours they would be miles and miles ahead. The same can be said of many a team below us in my opinion, their are damn good squads in this league and for some reason they do not perform. We do, and its because of the way GJ, club and players go about their proffession that makes it happen. I, like last season, don't believe we are among the best squads in this divsion in terms of 'actual' quality, but our teamwork, fitness, determination, proffesionalism, etc etc, is second to none. We have a solid team with great belief and commitment to the club, this will serve us well at this time of the year, when legs are aching, the mind is tired and the seasons coming to an end.

I truely believe EVERY player is playing for BCFC, and I'm not sure that can be said of other players at teams in this league.

fully agree with everything that you have stated.GJ has taken a lot of stick from this forum for not signing new players in january, and it seems that he was again RIGHT. Nobody can complain about their commitment to the club and each other,and the ability to grind out results when not playing well is a sure sign of this.Why should we bring in over paid under achievers?

for the first time in my city supporting history i feel part of the club(as a fan) and not just a spectator to the big picture. This i feel is down to SL,GJ and to a lesser extent the forza people who have taken a lead and shown those in control that it is OUR club aswell. Our vocal support is just as valuable to the club as our £`s in our pockets in the final run in .With our team spirit we are rapidly becoming an irresistable force in this league.

WELL DONE TO ALL :clapping::clapping::chant6ez:

fully agree with everything that you have stated.GJ has taken a lot of stick from this forum for not signing new players in january, and it seems that he was again RIGHT. Nobody can complain about their commitment to the club and each other,and the ability to grind out results when not playing well is a sure sign of this.Why should we bring in over paid under achievers?

for the first time in my city supporting history i feel part of the club(as a fan) and not just a spectator to the big picture. This i feel is down to SL,GJ and to a lesser extent the forza people who have taken a lead and shown those in control that it is OUR club aswell. Our vocal support is just as valuable to the club as our £`s in our pockets in the final run in .With our team spirit we are rapidly becoming an irresistable force in this league.

WELL DONE TO ALL :clapping::clapping::chant6ez:

Exactly, it really does feel like the whole club is as ONE at the moment, all pulling in the same direction. We need and can only sign players who WANT to be part of that. We cant have just 'quality', we have to have the right player with the right attitude to match. I'd rather not sign players who don't have that same 'attitude' as for me, at the moment, everything we are doing and achieving is down to the proffesional and honest pride our players have in playing for GJ's Bristol City and from what they want to achieve being a part of that. GJ has got the players that appreciate the chairmen, players, club, its history, its ambitions and its fans, and that is why it is working. I couldnt care less how good a player might be, if they were going to upset that balacne and attitude then they could be Ronaldo for all i care, i wouldnt want them, it would undo all the good work that has got us where we are.

The enthusiasum and spirit and support at the Club at present is enormous. Other Clubs Other supporters and other players are becoming more aware of us as a CCC Club. This in its self may be whats needed to convince the players GJ wants to bring to the Club that its the Club for them.

Next five games:

Doncaster (away) - Win

Reading (away) - Lose

Blackpool (home) - Win

Birmingham (away) - Lose

Derby (away) - Draw

This is what I'd hope for too (and believe we can get).

That's 7 points from 5; not as good as our present form but very good all the same, and would keep us within touching distance of the playoffs come April/May.

Saying all that I'd take a point Tuesday as Donny are in cracking form, and if we got a point/three points at Reading I'd hope we'd be good enough for a point againt Brum!

Tuesday is a big, big game for us.

I would, without doubt, take a point if offered. A win would be massive while a loss would all but eradicate talk of auto promotion - which I'm quite suprised to see anyway.

Donny - draw

Reading - draw

Blackpool - win

Birmingham - draw

Derby - draw

That for me is a combination of realism and optimism - 7 points which would maintain our unbeaten run and be a fantastic return in my view.

Alternatively all the games bar Blackpool could easily end in defeat in which case we're relying on others to slip up, which is a significant possibility.

Tuesday is a big, big game for us.

I would, without doubt, take a point if offered. A win would be massive while a loss would all but eradicate talk of auto promotion - which I'm quite suprised to see anyway.

Donny - draw

Reading - draw

Blackpool - win

Birmingham - draw

Derby - draw

That for me is a combination of realism and optimism - 7 points which would maintain our unbeaten run and be a fantastic return in my view.

Alternatively all the games bar Blackpool could easily end in defeat in which case we're relying on others to slip up, which is a significant possibility.

Interesting; most people seem to think 7 points would be a good haul over the next 5, regardless of how we get that total.

Funny thing is we could lose to both Reading and Brum and till potentially get 9 points; just one off that magic 2-point-a-game total needed for playoffs promotion.

Exciting times and the games cannot come quick enough.

Archived