IGNORED

Question?

City1996

I hope common sense prevails.People like different things,thats how it is.But everyone likes to be treated fairly,so I think cosideration is the key word.I can remember the Nottingham Forest semi final at ashton gate,when it was all standing.I was only a young lad and could not get a good view,so some total stranger in front(big burley bloke!),helped me up onto the old bars you would lean against to get a better view.So as I said consideration is the key,whether you are young or old,cause what we all are, is City fans!

I, like many others go for the atmosphere and noise aswell as watching the match. However, i try to get to the ground quite a while before kick-off so i can get to the back where there is more chance of being any to stand.

Only for a bloke to come up 5 minutes before kick-off and say I'm in his 'reserved seat'.

Surely a bit of over crowdedness and squashing up would be better to both stand and creature an atmosphere? :innocent06:

Can anyone explain to me the logic of why there is a need to have "reserved" seating for away fans?? I don't get it, home fans I get....as people sometimes like to sit in the same seat etc, but away fans??

All I feel it does is ruin what could be a good atmosphere.....West Brom and Southampton last year spring to mind. Maybe this is a tactic of home clubs?

anyone know?

EDIT: Ignore this...I see its been explained ;)

:city: I will stick with the Portsmouth match and explain it IS a sell out which means that there will be very few spare seats.

At Portsmouth I saw a family of 4 trying to get to their seats and having to separate as there were only pairs of seats left,also as everyone stood the lad next to me and my wife saw very little unless they stood on their seats (which annoyed the people behind)this is the minimum requirement when you pay so much for a ticket that you can see the pitch.

I remember the days of standing at matches and it meant that you had to get there very early to get your spot which meant no time for a drink etc beforehand,I much prefer to know that there is a seat reserved for me at the match.

No matter what is said there are people who will be stoof at Reading wether people in this board or anywere else like it. The majority will choose to go to the back because they are considerate and don't wish to block peoples views of the game. However if you want to sit at the back then you are more than likely to have your view blocked by somebody standing.

I understand Reading FC vigorously enforce the law inside their ground. For those of you who are determined to attend the game and break the law ( on standing and occupying someone elses seat ) here are the terms of Reading FC's away tickets. Section 6.2 should be of special interest

http://74.125.77.132/search?q=cache:cU64lB...lient=firefox-a

Enjoy the game and for the benefit of all supporters, obey the rules.

I understand Reading FC vigorously enforce the law inside their ground. For those of you who are determined to attend the game and break the law ( on standing and occupying someone elses seat ) here are the terms of Reading FC's away tickets. Section 6.2 should be of special interest

Hope your always good like that, never buy a naughty dvd, never speed, never swear etc etc.

Oh no that's persuaded me i won't dare stand an move seats now :noexpression: I mean they never say this at everyother ground

Archived