IGNORED

At Reading

chowie

No I was talking about the cretins that have followed this football club and ensured that wherever we play, the old bill are ready for them to kick off somewhere, which as you well know, they always do.

Get rid of these idiots and there wouldn't be any need for policing football, you don't see it at Rugby, it isn't at Cricket, making the police a scapegoat for the trouble is very sad, yet very typical.

Cant you say that for all walks of life though?

If noone sped then there wouldnt be any speed cameras etc,

At one point during the last world cup there was more arrests at the horse racing (Ascot) than there was at the world cup.

Football fans will always be "scum" in some peoples eyes.

If there is no trouble the 'police 'will find away to instigate it, ala Cardiff away last season. No problem at all untill the riot squad disended in the packed terrace wielding batons. When ask why they remarked they were trying to get to 'coin throwers ' at the segregation. Why not walk along the pitch and go up the terrace to where you want to get to?

Very sad yet very typical.

No trouble makers, no police, it's not difficult.

Why don't you hear of Cricket fans and Rugby fans complaining about heavy handed policing?

As i said, very sad that you don't want to see what the real problem is, if it wasn't for the idiots that follow football, you wouldn't be hearded like cattle, asked to stay behind at the end of games, asked to travel on buses to away matches.

Apologising for what these idiots are responsible for and blaming it on someone else is like I said, sad and very typical.

Why don't you hear of Cricket fans and Rugby fans complaining about heavy handed policing?

As i said, very sad that you don't want to see what the real problem is, if it wasn't for the idiots that follow football, you wouldn't be hearded like cattle, asked to stay behind at the end of games, asked to travel on buses to away matches.

Apologising for what these idiots are responsible for and blaming it on someone else is like I said, sad and very typical.

Are you kidding?

If there was no arrests at football for another 10 years, the police would still be out in force every week, simply because they can. Before you start I'm not making excuses for anyone am i.

That of course is utter rubbish, as plenty of games are held without a police presence.

Why have so many games got a over the top police presence then? In relation to the current amount of arrests and public disorder that happens at modern football.

We had a total of one game police free last year, seems like they are really making a effort not to have so many police at games.

Why have so many games got a over the top police presence then? In relation to the current amount of arrests and public disorder that happens at modern football.

We had a total of one game police free last year, seems like they are really making a effort not to have so many police at games.

Old bill are at City games for a reason. Saturday would have gone off without them, as most matches where a small crew of away fans turn up.

The only games I'd be amazed if there's no trouble would be tuesday nights.

There were loads of games in league 1 with no oldbill, and on a couple of occasions they had to be called out.

You really should look at things objectivly, because in this case you clearly aren't.

Conversely, I haven't seen us lose away this season - Blackpool, Charlton, Southampton, Norwich, Portsmouth ......and now Reading! :dancing6:

Am hoping your good karma wins this weekend. My stat is becoming somewhat of a cloud hanging over my head. Even though Norwich away (my last win) was a bloody good day out, i'd kind of like another one now!

The police do as much antagonising of the situation as do the fans , If your a 'trouble maker' than you deserve what you get back, if your innocent and have been dealt with unjustly you will always see the police as arrogant b*s*a*d* who truly abuse the power bestowed on them to their own advantage , because they can. If you've not experienced being in that position I understand your ignorance , but please don't assume the police are with out intent or blame.

The police do as much antagonising of the situation as do the fans , If your a 'trouble maker' than you deserve what you get back, if your innocent and have been dealt with unjustly you will always see the police as arrogant b*s*a*d* who truly abuse the power bestowed on them to their own advantage , because they can. If you've not experienced being in that position I understand your ignorance , but please don't assume the police are with out intent or blame.

Who's the one being ignorant here, I accept there are some police who like to dish it out, but that isn't the case for all of them, and the thuggish police wouldn't be at the ground at all if some of our fans knew how to behave properly in the first place.

So why are they there, if you answer honestly it's because Bristol City has a thuggish element that has been around in various forms for many many years.

I'm not some spotty little teenager who has only followed football for the last few years, I know exactly what happens at a football match and I know exactly the kinds of matches that the thugs will show their faces to in big numbers. Reading away is one of them.

Back in the early 90's I went to Leicester away (Brian Little was manager) and it kicked off in the ground, City fans were chanting paki songs for al ot of the match and a fight broke out eventually right next to me involving some stewards and fans, the police moved in and collared me because I was close to it, do I hate all Police and accuse all of them of being thugs now, no.

I know a lot of coppers, some are bad eggs and like it when things get rough, the majority aren't like that.

Being ignorant I would accuse all coppers of being thugs, but I'm not ignorant.

2,711 went to that game.

I was at that game and whilst the official stats say 2,711, i would say that there was easily 4,000+ City fans there. That end holds 6,000 and to me it was at least two thirds full. I remember the stewards having to open the sterile section to fit all the City fans in, so there had to be a considerable number there. So unofficially this was the last game that there were 4,000+ City fans witnessing an away win.

I was at that game and whilst the official stats say 2,711, i would say that there was easily 4,000+ City fans there. That end holds 6,000 and to me it was at least two thirds full. I remember the stewards having to open the sterile section to fit all the City fans in, so there had to be a considerable number there. So unofficially this was the last game that there were 4,000+ City fans witnessing an away win.

Yeh I was right at the top and the stand looked full, cracking day.

Good goal too from Rougier, was it Tony or Anthony though...

We sold out at Leciester last season. Over 3,000 i think.

And loads of mates i know that went just stood where they wanted and there wasn't any interference between our fans and most, if not all, found a seat and created an atmosphere.

Just aim for the back mate and you'll be fine me and 2 others doing the same and plenty more will be doing the same :englandsmile4wf:

A bit of history with this fixture.I`m sure some of you remember "that" game at elm park. It wouldnt surprise me if the OB don't go over the top with this game. They did get a paisting back then

Ive still got a load of press clippings from THAT day somewhere, we will never see the likes of that again, it was one mad day.

Archived