IGNORED

YEOVIL

weepywall

I MET A FEW MATES THE OTHER NIGHT WHO HAVE BEEN WHAT YOU WOULD CALL "FLOATING FANS" THEY ARE ALL CITY FANS BUT RECENTLY THEY HAVE BEEN FLOATING TO YEOVIL, WE ARE NOT BRISTOLIANS, WE ARE FROM THE NORTH SOMERSET AREA AN AREA WHICH HAS ALWAYS BEEN FAIRLY STRONG IN CITY SUPPORT, THEY SAY THE FOOTBALL IS BETTER AND THE ATMOSPHERE IS FAR BETTER THAN AT AG, DO YOU THINK YEOVIL ARE A THREAT TO SOME OF OUR FLOATING FANS ?

"Do you think that Yeovil are a threat to our floating fans"

If you are a football fan in general without an allegance to any particular club - then watch whoever you want to watch.

If I were in that position I'd be watching a club in the higher league and with twice as many fans at the game.

No contest....

Guest pogue mahone
DO YOU THINK YEOVIL ARE A THREAT TO SOME OF OUR FLOATING FANS ?

by using the word "some" you have answered your own question in the affirmative. but i would imagine only to those where it is geographically more convenient to travel to yeovil rather than bristol.

If football clubs were race horses and you drew a line through current form using Wrexham as the pointer then you would have to say they have caught us, and overtaken us.

Having said that you would have to take into account it was a cup game.

Nevertheless, it was a strong performance by them.

i,m not talking about a threat on current form, i think they could be a threat in picking up new support, i find it embarrasing that they can be considered a rival to us !

In that case then no, I do not think they could be considered a fan base threat to us.

Swindon is closer, and I cannot remember any such worries in the past when they were in the prem.

No I don't think so to be honest.

Like I said Swindon have been there and done it and they never got any of our support when they passed us on the way to the prem. Not that I heard of anyway.

Personally I could see 'football fans' wanting to go and see them on a regular basis that lived within a hours drive say, but not city fans that live within the Gates' catchment area which is far larger than the catchment area of Yeovil.

I went dowm to Yeovil for the Northampton game (They lost). Although it was aday when City weren't playing there were a few City fans about most of which live closer to Yeovil than Bristol and with it being cheaper have gone to couple of games

I've been to a few Yeovil games this season. Its definitely worth going if you get the chance. They play good attacking football and its a very friendly club. Gary Johnson is a very good manager.

They should be playing Div 2 football next season. Saturdays 4-1 thrashing of Wrexham confirms this.

I've always understood that many Yeovil fans were City fans as well and many City fans had a soft spot for Yeovil.

United anyway in detestation for the gas.

City fans would not miss a City match to watch Yeovil, no edge to the game. Floaters might, but non - committed fans would always be looking for somewhere else where they perceive the grass to be greener.

Do City and Yeovil home games usually clash? If they do, that would be the test.

If we are considering future fans then I think the success and positive atmosphere at Yeovil could mean many youngsters heading south! I believe it is more of a family club with a lot less 'thug'. I'd love to be wrong, but, if they improve and we don't the youth of tomorrow will be Glovers!

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I can't see hardly anyone in Bristol deciding to support Yeovil. They seem to be etodays thing, but will soon fall out of mind when things go badly. How much do Cheltenham get mentioned in the press now? When they first came up they were getting loads of coverage

One of my friends I go up the Gate with is thinking of buying a Yeovil season ticket instead of a City ticket. His argument is that he wants to watch entertaining football.

I can see many season ticket holders not renewing next season if we continue to play the dire way we are that the moment. It's a fact :wacko:

hows that a fact? if you support a football team, then you will turn up through the thick and thin. There is still a long way to go, and by the end of the season we will be there or there abouts in the promotion race, so how you work out that it is a fact baffles me mate!

I'm just saying that if we continue the way we are and finish mid-table, then we're bound to have fewer season ticket holders next year. Excuse the dramatics :wacko:

I hope to god that things improve, I'm fairly confident they will.

Season's come and go, some better than others.

There were some truly awful one's in the early 80's. One match at Shrewsbury when we were at least 4 goals down and near the bottom of Div.4, City fans sang with absolute justification "We've got the worst team in the League".

Football was continually dire but the point is we were still following City after one of the most dramatic tumbles down the League a club had ever had.

To me this looks like it could be a completely forgettable, dull season. If so, it'll be one of the first i can ever remember.

Many club's have them every year. It's not a good enough reason to withdraw your support or jump on the nearest band wagon that apparently offers, temporarily, more excitement.

i would never be seen dead at a yeovil match, not unless we were the opposition, personally i'd love to see them get relagated again, surely the most overrated team in the country!

I have no complaints with Yeovil, because of them the west country is getting more publisity which is good for all teh clubs in the area. As for being the most overrated club in the country I think that is rubbish and I reackon that we would finish higher in that league than Yeovil. You are only where you deserve to be and they definatly deserve to be there, just look at there result this year

Guest Ciderhead Reynolds

i wouldnt call them fans at all of either club ! when you start out watching a team you pledge your alliance to them no mater how well they are playing !! Id rather not have half commited fans at the gate myself

Possibly even South Gloucestershire soon enough! :clap:

Yeovil seem to be a strong team, though at the moment they haven't as of yet drew any games in the league and have almost lost as many as they have won!

A bit of a dodgy team who have just gone up to me...

At present, I have no idea on where abouts they will finish in Division 3 this season. I still think they'll be able to defeat Rovers Home & Away though! haha... ;)

yep they have done well but not before time as they spent

years trying to get in the football league, my guess is they

will be joining us in div.2 next season and more than likely

beating us and going straight up :clap: well that is what most

teams have been doing over the last few years while we huff

and puff around the play offs :Confused13:

Archived