IGNORED

Norwich Fans, Do They Know Something Noone Else Does ?

rayer

Just read this article

Championship strugglers Norwich City have been left stunned after almost 17,000 fans renewed season tickets for next season.

Thats not bad going !!! What promotions do they advertise for sales like these ?

Maybe all of their fans are "glass half full" types, always trying to look at the positives.....

If they stay up - they get to see their team playing Championship football next season and they hope that the next campaign would be a hell of a lot more successful that this season!

If they go down - they hope to see lots of success next season walking away with League One, like Leicester have this season (although as Leeds have found, just cos you were a big club once, doesnt mean you have the right to walk away with it when you go down!)

Just out of interest, who is everyones favourites to go down this season????

My bet is (in no particular order!)

Charlton

Blackpool

Norwich

Southampton were in my bottom 3 a couple of weeks ago but they seem to have found some sort of form recently that shows that the one good win wasnt a fluke and I think that they might just have enough to stay up.

Watford were another major candidate to go down but they have shown enough to me that they are a decent side despite the amount of players they have lost and they are quite unlucky to be where they are in the table. I think they will just scrape through and I would think would have a much more successful season next season.

Forest, now as much as it pains me to say - I think they will survive. Just. Although their form is pretty consistantly poor, they seem to manage to scrape a vital win here and there which seems to be just enough to keep them above the drop zone. I would expect them to be very close come May, but still just above the bottom 3.

If any team will be in the bottom 3 other than my predictions come May, I would think it will most likely be Barnsley. They have not shown enough to prove they are worthy of a place in the championship and I think are only surviving on a mix of scraping results here and there and suriving off other teams mis-fortunes. Were the teams around them any better then Barnsley would most certaintly be in the bottom 3.

They also have a huge catchment area.

I live 40 miles from Carrow Road, but everyone round here supports Norwich. Move 40 miles in any direction from Bristol and you're nearer to another professional club, I think.

They also have a huge catchment area.

I live 40 miles from Carrow Road, but everyone round here supports Norwich. Move 40 miles in any direction from Bristol and you're nearer to another professional club, I think.

Goddamn you Edson - I've just wasted 10 mins of my life trying to dispute this.

I spent 5 minutes on google maps with a virtual compass and piece of string. I'm 26mi from AG, 32 from Cheltenham, 38 from Cardiff and 28 from Hereford.

Then I remembered that other lot and spent 5 mins trying to decide if they are professional.

Everyone in Norfolk follows Norwich City -apart from a few hardy BCFC infiltrators. ;)

There's no Norwich Rovers.

No inbedded Rugby culture or Norwich Rugby Club.

Probably far less transient population and far less locals upping sticks to permanently live elsewhere, compared with Bristol for instance.

Still impressive support for all that.

Everyone in Norfolk follows Norwich City -apart from a few hardy BCFC infiltrators. ;)

There's no Norwich Rovers.

No inbedded Rugby culture or Norwich Rugby Club.

Probably far less transient population and far less locals upping sticks to permanently live elsewhere, compared with Bristol for instance.

Still impressive support for all that.

Whilst geography is an issue, I think there is also the fact that to an extent football watching is habitual. When Naarrwich were in the Prem they sold well over 20K season tickets & clearly a lot of those people become hooked. There could be some very well supported clubs in league 1 next season!

they may be the only club for miles, but as cheshire red's research shows, yorkishire doesnt do too badly

i think its also the population density [unless all these leeds fans watch sheffield united every other week] is quite significant yorkshire just has so many people traveling to it are plymouth not the only pro club in devon or cornwall for miles?

Norwich is closer to ipswich than plymouth to exeter i reckon they'd be the same, IF they won something [ie promotion], or went on a major cup run.

:bonkers:

Maybe all of their fans are "glass half full" types, always trying to look at the positives.....

If they stay up - they get to see their team playing Championship football next season and they hope that the next campaign would be a hell of a lot more successful that this season!

If they go down - they hope to see lots of success next season walking away with League One, like Leicester have this season (although as Leeds have found, just cos you were a big club once, doesnt mean you have the right to walk away with it when you go down!)

Just out of interest, who is everyones favourites to go down this season????

My bet is (in no particular order!)

Charlton

Blackpool

Norwich

Southampton were in my bottom 3 a couple of weeks ago but they seem to have found some sort of form recently that shows that the one good win wasnt a fluke and I think that they might just have enough to stay up.

Watford were another major candidate to go down but they have shown enough to me that they are a decent side despite the amount of players they have lost and they are quite unlucky to be where they are in the table. I think they will just scrape through and I would think would have a much more successful season next season.

Forest, now as much as it pains me to say - I think they will survive. Just. Although their form is pretty consistantly poor, they seem to manage to scrape a vital win here and there which seems to be just enough to keep them above the drop zone. I would expect them to be very close come May, but still just above the bottom 3.

If any team will be in the bottom 3 other than my predictions come May, I would think it will most likely be Barnsley. They have not shown enough to prove they are worthy of a place in the championship and I think are only surviving on a mix of scraping results here and there and suriving off other teams mis-fortunes. Were the teams around them any better then Barnsley would most certaintly be in the bottom 3.

I'd personally like to see three ex-Premier League sides get relegated. The premier league is all about looking after themselves without filtering any of the money down to the lower leagues, therefore I'd like the ex-premier league teams to be taught a lesson as to how hard the rest of us have been having it.

It's hard slog for clubs like us to sell season tickets. You buy one, so your Dad decides to buy one , then your brother and your uncle do he same and all their wives geta season tickets, so that's 8 sold.

It's much easier for them over in Norfolk.

One person buys a season ticket and his 17,000 close relatives immediately follow suite!

It's hard slog for clubs like us to sell season tickets. You buy one, so your Dad decides to buy one , then your brother and your uncle do he same and all their wives geta season tickets, so that's 8 sold.

It's much easier for them over in Norfolk.

One person buys a season ticket and his 17,000 close relatives immediately follow suite!

I hope you arent suggesting that our Norfolk friend indulge in "swindon" relationships?

I kinda feel sorry for Norwich, back in the old days they were a good team, with Rob Newman, beating likes of Bayern Munich in Europe, really punching above their weight, and they arent particularly offensive either as far as I know. I would much rather see Forest go back down.

I kinda feel sorry for Norwich, I would much rather see Forest go back down.

Totally agree. I do remember a must win home game near the end of the season against Norwich in about '74, which we lost 1-0. Can't exactly remember why it was so vital, perhaps we were challenging near the top the season before we went up, but it was an absolute choker as a young fan in front of a crowd of about 20,000 at the Gate.

I also recall being one of the only away fans ( in the away end anyway) at Norwich at Christmas in about '79 and having hundreds of Norwich fans pressed up against the dividing fence abusing the 5 of us for the whole game. This was after the locals appeared from all sides and got surprisingly aggressive the night before when we'd started singing City songs in the centre of Norwich when the pubs were chucking out. :innocent06:

Nevertheless, Norwich are generally OK and there are far more reasons as a City fan for disliking Forest.

I really hope they go down and I'd wish relegation on Forest over Norwich any day. :fingerscrossed:

Totally agree. I do remember a must win home game near the end of the season against Norwich in about '74, which we lost 1-0. Can't exactly remember why it was so vital, perhaps we were challenging near the top the season before we went up, but it was an absolute choker as a young fan in front of a crowd of about 20,000 at the Gate.

I also recall being one of the only away fans ( in the away end anyway) at Norwich at Christmas in about '79 and having hundreds of Norwich fans pressed up against the dividing fence abusing the 5 of us for the whole game. This was after the locals appeared from all sides and got surprisingly aggressive the night before when we'd started singing City songs in the centre of Norwich when the pubs were chucking out. :innocent06:

Nevertheless, Norwich are generally OK and there are far more reasons as a City fan for disliking Forest.

I really hope they go down and I'd wish relegation on Forest over Norwich any day. :fingerscrossed:

My only gripe with Norwich is that we've beaten them 4 times in the past 2 season. In those games they've had 3 different managers & each time the bloke in charge has blamed poor luck or the officials!

I thought that they were mad appointing Rodent, there are few people I'd least like to manage our club.

My only gripe with Norwich is that we've beaten them 4 times in the past 2 season. In those games they've had 3 different managers & each time the bloke in charge has blamed poor luck or the officials!

I thought that they were mad appointing Rodent, there are few people I'd least like to manage our club.

Amazing really. They sacked Worthington after finishing 9th in 05/06, which started the fans baying for blood. He stayed on for 9 or 10 games the following season and were 14th when the board decided enough was enough.

What they wouldn't give for 14th now.

Amazing really. They sacked Worthington after finishing 9th in 05/06, which started the fans baying for blood. He stayed on for 9 or 10 games the following season and were 14th when the board decided enough was enough.

What they wouldn't give for 14th now.

It never fails to amaze me, the amount of fans that look at their teams position & assume a change can only make things better. I also think that after a while fans get a bit bored with a manager. If Gunn makes them a mid table team in a reasonable time frame it will be seen by many fans as a success, yet for Worthington it got him the sack.

It's hard slog for clubs like us to sell season tickets.

Going slightly off topic; in the early 80s when City neded cash they offered a 10 year season ticket for £500. We didn't know if we'd have a club in a year's time let alone 10. Did anyone on here buy one?

Archived