IGNORED

Gary To Qpr

chinapig

Just stupid really.

Not if you are a London based journo it isn't. :disapointed2se:

They prob think GJ has "had some success with a small club" whilst QPR "have plenty of cash and are a big club pushing to get into the Prem".

Not if you are a London based journo it isn't. :disapointed2se:

They prob think GJ has "had some success with a small club" whilst QPR "have plenty of cash and are a big club pushing to get into the Prem".

Quite, while ignoring the fact that the owners have recently announced their priority is to control the wage bill and seem to have no intention of spending their fortunes on players. No reason either why Ferguson would leave a club on the up with a wealthy owner who backs him and doesn't interfere.

The inimitable Sun has Gary as second favourite for the QPR job. As if he would want to be their fourth Manager of the season. :disapointed2se:

Some would say a move like that was a step sideways, I would say def a step downwards.

They did have a successful period way back in the last century (Stan Bowles, Rodney Marsh etc.,etc.,)

Not very much since.

Plus Loftus Road is a shite ground.

With the backing of SL, we have better promotion credentials too. :city:

Guest MaloneFM

If it pleases m'lud may I present exhibit A:

Shaun Wright-Phillips wants to stay at Manchester City for the rest of his career. The winger, 27, hopes for contract talks in the summer after returning in a £9m deal in August. (The Sun)

Should really read:

Shaun Wright-Phillips who the Chelse didn't want HOPES to stay at the richest club in the world Manchester City after Mark Hughes gets the tin tack in the summer. They may want to have contract talks with him or just bounce him out Middlesborough or Newcastle. After all £9m wouldn't but you a bag of chips in some places. (The Sun-attributed to no one at all, we made it up)

QPR fans think the same:

Gary Johnson? Looks set to take Bristol City into the play offs (again) seems to have a good relationship with his board and fans, why on earth would he want to come to QPR?

Sousa is the man, all he needs is ... 110% backing from the board (including transfer funds) and the Chairman to back off a bit!

http://www.qprdot.org/viewtopic.php?t=35371

Guest brfc1883

Gary Johnson would go to QPR for the right money I'm sure of that. He's a Londoner and QPR are now one of the richest clubs in the world! Why wouldn't he be interested? If he was offered a few million to spend to get them into the Prem he'd be off like a rat down a drainpipe. Some of you have a very high opinion of yourselves!

:noexpression:

Gary Johnson would go to QPR for the right money I'm sure of that. He's a Londoner and QPR are now one of the richest clubs in the world! Why wouldn't he be interested? If he was offered a few million to spend to get them into the Prem he'd be off like a rat down a drainpipe. Some of you have a very high opinion of yourselves!

Its not about thinking highly of ourselves - Gary Johnson has made it clear in the past, that he'll only manage a club where he has 100% control over footballing matters - this obviously rules out QPR. He has also stated in the past that moving to a new club, would mean starting again - here he has players, fans & board all on side and thinking his way. He would not have that at QPR and it would take along time to build that again and by the time he's done that he would get the sack or could have us promoted by then.

GJ will leave one day - but I don't think it will be for another championship club.

Whos team shirt is that in your post never heard of them :D as for your post we do not have high opinion of ourselves we just say it how it is if you don't like it go away

Riaz and others have summed it up well. Thanfully and unfortunately a little surprisingly in this day and age, gary Johnson does have loyalty. He has aims at our club and he is not one to walk away before those are completed. I think he realises that what he has created at City is something special and unique from other clubs, i believe its true and i think he does to. We have a VERY united club at the moment and its great. For me there is a togetherness between manager, players, chairmen and the fans that has never been seen at City (in my 20 years+ of supporting them), and i don't see it at many other clubs.

I think he is proud of that, and though alot of it is his own doing , i also think he is gratefull for it. Why would he walk away from that? There is no way QPR would have that same feeling, that same Club spirit. They are money bags, and with that brings the kinds of morals and values that i think GJ would do all he can to steer clear from. We, imo, are an honest 'real' football club at the moment, and all the money in the world wouldn't make us a 'better' club in my opinion. The Chelsea's and Man City's can have their fake success for all i care. I want us to go about it with some pride, some guts, some hard work and when we get there people can say 'fair play to them, they really 'deserve' it'....i think that IS what we are doing, and i am PROUD of thatm and i am convinced GJ is too. That is why i don't think he would be tempted away with the chance of glory obtained through the back door(with loads of cash)...it is not his style and something he knows can be obatained by anyone with some knowledge of the game, to do it the hard way is what i think makes him tick.

Its not about thinking highly of ourselves - Gary Johnson has made it clear in the past, that he'll only manage a club where he has 100% control over footballing matters - this obviously rules out QPR. He has also stated in the past that moving to a new club, would mean starting again - here he has players, fans & board all on side and thinking his way. He would not have that at QPR and it would take along time to build that again and by the time he's done that he would get the sack or could have us promoted by then.

GJ will leave one day - but I don't think it will be for another championship club.

For me the key point is that here GJ has time to build for the long term with a Chairman who doesn't expect overnight success and is prepared to endure the ups and downs. GJ has brought us success but we have had a few bad runs of results, when he took over 2 years ago and before Xmas this year and either of those would have got him sacked at QPR.

QPR need to learn that they won't attract a top name manager when they keep sacking theme every 6 months

Guest brfc1883
Whos team shirt is that in your post never heard of them :D as for your post we do not have high opinion of ourselves we just say it how it is if you don't like it go away

Obviously can't have a reasonable debate with you then!

:disapointed2se:

Gary Johnson would go to QPR for the right money I'm sure of that. He's a Londoner and QPR are now one of the richest clubs in the world! Why wouldn't he be interested?

That completely misses the point.

For GJ to move it will need 2 things:

1) For SL to allow QPR to talk to him - won't happen.

2) For SL to allow QPR to pay compensation for GJs signature - QPR would not see GJ as a money no object acquisition.

Actually 3 things:

3) For SL to be a completely naive businessman who chases the quick buck (assuming QPR REALLY wanted him).

Which of the 3 do you think applies?

Archived