IGNORED

Skuse To Stoke?

City Ben

Stoke look set to beat West Brom and Reading to the signing of Bristol City midfielder Cole Skuse. (The Sun)

http://news.BBC.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/g...ers/7952009.stm

Quite surprised to read this this morning. I rate him highly, and as others have commented I really do think that he's "stepped up" when we needed him to, since Elliot's injury.

That said, I've always been surprised at the rumours surrounding him. It was Reading last time, when they were in the Prem. Seems he is much higher rated than those outside the club than those closest to it.

Anyone got any ideas on his contract? Is it up at the end of the season?

Stoke look set to beat West Brom and Reading to the signing of Bristol City midfielder Cole Skuse. (The Sun)

Anyone got any ideas on his contract? Is it up at the end of the season?

Yes, his contract is up at the end of the season. But hopefully Gary will persuade him to sign another!

Skuse's contract does not expire at the end of this season - GJ & SL have both stated that.

Has this been clarified for sure, seems a bit of a grey area to me.

Regardless of this fact if he continues to be over looked when Elliott is fit I can see him wanting to move . The bloke has been a model professional and deserves to feature more.

That seems more black and white now but my second point still stands. He has to feature regularly not to become disillusioned, we know one midfield spot is nailed on before you even start so when Elliott is fit we'll see what happens as I don't see Cole being happy playing second fiddle to Elliott indefinitely.

That seems more black and white now but my second point still stands. He has to feature regularly not to become disillusioned, we know one midfield spot is nailed on before you even start so when Elliott is fit we'll see what happens as I don't see Cole being happy playing second fiddle to Elliott indefinitely.

For me its either skuse or elliott, unless we play with a fairly defensive 3 man midfield. And its Elliott for me everytime, so therefore I don't think skuse will stay here long term.

But i'm not advocating he is dropped when ME comes back, as he does not deserve that.

it is worrying the sun is normally full of s**t but isn't the sports editor a massive city fan so maybe he knows something

plus gj does not like doing his business through the media so I'm not to sure on this but stoke would be the last team i want him to go to

But he'll just walk into a Premier League midfield?

We're talking about a genuine lifelong City fan here whose ambition has always been to pull on the Red shirt of BCFC.

That doesn't mean he'll be at AG for the whole of his career of course, but unlikely he'd be champing at the bit for a move to Stoke.

Not exactly a dream move, is it? :dunno:

We're talking about a genuine lifelong City fan here whose ambition has always been to pull on the Red shirt of BCFC.

That doesn't mean he'll be at AG for the whole of his career of course, but unlikely he'd be champing at the bit for a move to Stoke.

4 months ago if someone suggested selling Elliott & retaining Skuse they'd have been laughed off the forum.... but all of a sudden it doesn't seem that crazy a suggestion. Don't get me wrong I don't want to see either go, but Cole is proving a more than capable replacement. Elliott would also generate a higher fee, which we could then spend on other parts of the team.

Carey left for Coventry... Money talks! I know Carey came back, but he came back on more money from what I am told. Although I do take your point that if he had the same offer from City, I would expect Skuse to say.

Cole is a rising star with his commitment and professionalism. If he left ahead of unnameable mid fielders then there must be something wrong. To go to Stoke or Albion would surely be a step sideways at the most as they will both be in the championship next season anyway. If we did go up he is one of the few players we have, who i feel would be comfortable in the premier. Skuseeee don,t do it. :no::disapointed2se:

Cole is a rising star with his commitment and professionalism. If he left ahead of unnameable mid fielders then there must be something wrong. To go to Stoke or Albion would surely be a step sideways at the most as they will both be in the championship next season anyway. If we did go up he is one of the few players we have, who i feel would be comfortable in the premier. Skuseeee don,t do it. :no::disapointed2se:

But how would you keep skuse AND elliott happy?

Personally i don't think Skuse is good enough (yet) to play in the Prem, of course West Brom and Stoke may come down anyway, so why would he move then? Purely from a personal point of view (his), he would be better staying at City and cementing a first team place for a season and sitting in the shop window whilst seeing if city can get promotion at the same time. It would be a bad move for him to move to Stoke or West Brom in my opinion. 2 years ago, he was simply raw talent, and often that talent doesnt turn into real worth and player don't materialise into the players they could have been. In my opinion Skuse is on the right tracks to becoming the player he can be and GJ and the current City set up have helped him do that, i think moving on now risks stunting that progress or even setting it back. If i were him i would be simply concentrating on an other season at City and not even thinking about what happened after.

Thing with Cole is he can play in a number of positions and look comfortable there. Don,t just look at Cole and Marv in the same position. :D

Sorry, but we wont win football matches with them two in central midfield.

Did you read my post. Skuseee can play right back, centre back as well as sweeping and central midfield. Cardiff away and Reading away and God knows how many other times this season i have seen him chase down players of the ball and put in goal saving tackles. Even his booking on sunday he actually played the ball first that probably saved our defence as Cardiff had a man over and in doing this by passed at least four city players virtually static to make the tackle. Marv is a good player and as much as i like him he is only a central midfielder. :ranting:

Did you read my post. Skuseee can play right back, centre back as well as sweeping and central midfield. Cardiff away and Reading away and God knows how many other times this season i have seen him chase down players of the ball and put in goal saving tackles. Even his booking on sunday he actually played the ball first that probably saved our defence as Cardiff had a man over and in doing this by passed at least four city players virtually static to make the tackle. Marv is a good player and as much as i like him he is only a central midfielder. :ranting:

Do you think skuse will be happy to be john o'shea type player? I think he's loyal but he'll probabaly want to concentrate on playing central midfield. And eventually he'll have to look somewhere else.

ps Marvin Elliott is also a right back.

Do you think skuse will be happy to be john o'shea type player? I think he's loyal but he'll probabaly want to concentrate on playing central midfield. And eventually he'll have to look somewhere else.

I take your point, but we need cover in most positions. Where would we be now without someone of Skuse's quality to come in when Elliott got injured?

Players need to be man-managed, especially when they're not in the team, and you only have to look at our team spirit to know that we have that in abundance, suggesting GJ manages situations like this very well.

I take your point, but we need cover in most positions. Where would we be now without someone of Skuse's quality to come in when Elliott got injured?

Players need to be man-managed, especially when they're not in the team, and you only have to look at our team spirit to know that we have that in abundance, suggesting GJ manages situations like this very well.

Skuse is a quality back-up player, but I don't think you can keep two such good players who play the same position, not long term anyway...

whats skuse like at right midfield??! :innocent06:

Skuse is a quality back-up player, but I don't think you can keep two such good players who play the same position, not long term anyway...

whats skuse like at right midfield??! :innocent06:

I know this will bring howls of derision, but my son-in-law works with his uncle (here we go). But he has been reported as wanting away over the last two years.

Of course his recent run in the team my have changed his mind, but he is a very good footballer

John O'Shea is pretty happy to be a John O'Shea type of player so why wouldn't Skuse be?

John O'Shea is pretty happy to be a John O'Shea type of player so why wouldn't Skuse be?

John O'shea is playing champions league, of course he would be happy. But CS has proved he's is good enough for this level and may not be happy in that role.

John O'shea is playing champions league, of course he would be happy. But CS has proved he's is good enough for this level and may not be happy in that role.

Indeed. But do you feel he would play more games in a season if he moved to Stoke or West Brom?

Archived