IGNORED

Skuse To Stoke?

City Ben

Stokie here

I am sure that there is absolutely NOTHING in this story whatsover, the sun in any case is an absolute rag of a paper that isn't even fit to use as toilet paper..they cannot get even basic facts right when they state that Skuse is a Stoke fan so what chance of anything else being right?

Anyway, Stoke do not need any more established (or not quite established?) championship players. Pulis has already signed loads of these and they don't get anywhere near the team (Andrew Davies from Southampton, Seyi Olofinjana from Wolves, Tom Soares from Crystal Palace, Michael Tonge from Sheff Utd, Dave Kitson from Reading) so he would be an idiot if he try to sign any more!

A couple of points though- Stoke are not as likely to come straight back down as you may think. The run in is really good - no top 6 teams to play apart from Arsenal away on the last day and we still have Blackburn, Boro, and Newcastle to come to the Brit. The other point is - I grant you that we are low end prem, but the way that the game is structured do you honestly think that there is much chance anymore of clubs like Stoke and West Brom and a host of others ever achieving anything more? And its a bit pompous and deluded to think that City would ever be anything more than this either isn't it?

Mike

Interesting comments. I was wondering what happened to Olofinjana since you signed him. Presumably he was signed because he has the build Pulis likes but he paid over the odds as he is nowhere near as good as Marvin Elliott. I reckon you will stay up too btw as a consequence of your home form and replacing Kitson with Beattie. I'm no fan of Pulis (no BCFC fan is for obvious reasons) but if you do stay up it gives hope to us all. And you're right, clubs like ours can never break into the elite of the elite the way the game is structured.

Guest Eamer

Elliott hasn't been as good for us this season as he was last season but we know he can do a job. But Skuse has come in and done a great job, and in my opinion been a better player this season than Elliott has. Why not play them both in the centre? How do you know how they'll work together until you try? Everyone said Tevez and Rooney wouldn't work well together last season and they did brilliantly. Both Skuse and Elliott can tackle, pass and get forward. Ge them on the same page and who knows...

Elliott hasn't been as good for us this season as he was last season but we know he can do a job. But Skuse has come in and done a great job, and in my opinion been a better player this season than Elliott has. Why not play them both in the centre? How do you know how they'll work together until you try? Everyone said Tevez and Rooney wouldn't work well together last season and they did brilliantly. Both Skuse and Elliott can tackle, pass and get forward. Ge them on the same page and who knows...

ummm Stoke away last season. The first half was terrible, could'nt string a few passes together without losing it. Lost the ball before we even got to there final third - we missed LJ that game massively. I can remember have trying a few times to pass it through them without success, so we started lumping balls at em - lost count of the amount of long balls went from our defence through to keeper or goal kick. Stoke were there for the taking that day.

If I remember rightly they have played together this season and it didnt bring much success.

ummm Stoke away last season. The first half was terrible, could'nt string a few passes together without losing it. Lost the ball before we even got to there final third - we missed LJ that game massively. I can remember have trying a few times to pass it through them without success, so we started lumping balls at em - lost count of the amount of long balls went from our defence through to keeper or goal kick. Stoke were there for the taking that day.

If I remember rightly they have played together this season and it didnt bring much success.

RIAZ fair play to you for your one eyed passion! Stoke absolutely murdered you for 65 minutes and should have been out of sight by the time that Crewe reject knocked it in accidentally with his shoulder!

The truth is that City were there for the taking, and that is what happened.

Mike

RIAZ fair play to you for your one eyed passion! Stoke absolutely murdered you for 65 minutes and should have been out of sight by the time that Crewe reject knocked it in accidentally with his shoulder!

The truth is that City were there for the taking, and that is what happened.

Mike

Truth is mike, we had two very defensive midfielders in midfield - when we brought on Noble & Trundle, who gave us creativity & cleverness, we absolutely murdered YOU. Until they came on, we played the worst I'd seen that season - so very frustrating.

A lot has happened in twelve months. We are now playing 3-5-2 for a start. Skuse has improved massively in twelve months and on the basis that you pick your BEST available players when everyone is fully match fit my central midfield three in a 3-5-2 would be Elliott (to give the bite and win the ball), Skuse (gives energy, breaks up the play and is gradually developing a better range of passing than LJ in my view) and Williams (the best creative footballer we have that GJ will pick who can pass, run at/go past players and provides a goal threat). With Skuse and Elliott alongside him I think Williams could be given a free role and the prospect of him doing his stuff in that role next season would give me great cause for optimism. That leaves LJ as a fill-in squad player for me I am afraid.

A lot has happened in twelve months. We are now playing 3-5-2 for a start. Skuse has improved massively in twelve months and on the basis that you pick your BEST available players when everyone is fully match fit my central midfield three in a 3-5-2 would be Elliott (to give the bite and win the ball), Skuse (gives energy, breaks up the play and is gradually developing a better range of passing than LJ in my view) and Williams (the best creative footballer we have that GJ will pick who can pass, run at/go past players and provides a goal threat). With Skuse and Elliott alongside him I think Williams could be given a free role and the prospect of him doing his stuff in that role next season would give me great cause for optimism. That leaves LJ as a fill-in squad player for me I am afraid.

A 3 man midfield is totally different - It might be a little defensive, but it may work.

Archived