IGNORED

Get Any Player

tropicalsurfer

the more i think about it the more i like the idea of darren ambrose.

He could primarily play on right wing, but can also play right accross the midfield when needed.

think he will be leaving relegated charlton for next to nothing, and unless ipswich come in for him we might be well placed to pick him up. Thats providing his wage expectations arent too high but now charlton are down he might have to be more realistic

Granted hes not going to turn into the superstar people once thought but at 25 hes not old and i think could be a solid player for us. Should get a few goals, assists and can also defend.

I mentioned jordi gomez earlier but that may have been a little ambitious in hindsight, and would cost over 1m regardless. ambrose would be an alternative leaving money to strenghten elsewehere. maybe get paul ince's son as left sided cover on loan from scousers aswell and we would be pretty well set.

Dexter Blackstock - Top goalscorer at this level, can play in a two man attack or on his own up front, as he demonstrated superbly at Ashton Gate this season. Strong in the air, able to hold the ball up and also has good pace to get in behind. Q.P.R are also willing to offload apparently.

Tommy Smith - Knows Gary well, has that extra bit of ability to unlock a solid defence, and can play on either wing, or as an option up front. Able to beat his man on a regular basis and provide a decent cross. Would be my number 1 target this summer, especially if Watford are relegated.

Few names that i've liked have already been mentioned:

Coterill(sp?) from Sheffield United,

Boyd and Mackail Smith from P'boro,

Gomez and Scotland from Swansea.

However personally i'd like it see

Jamie Mackie from Plymouth,

and maybe Mark Beevers from Sheffield Wednesday to add other defender to the squad as i don't think Iriekpen has done enough to merit a contract extension.

Archived