IGNORED

Frankie Artus

GrahamC

From the Gloucester Echo:

........ Artus' second goal in two appearances gave the Robins a half-time lead at the Bescot Stadium.

It was a stunning strike from the Bristol City loan midfielder, who received a short free-kick from Michael Townsend and sent a vicious, swirling drive past stand-in goalkeeper Rene Gilmartin, who was caught cold in the third minute.

Artus scored on his debut in last Tuesday night's 1-1 home draw against Oldham Athletic and he picked up where he left off with another impressive box-to-box performance full of energy and considerable quality on the ball.

STAR MAN: Frankie Artus.

Is frankie out of contract at the end of the season? cause I'm sure i read an interview with GJ in whch i got the impression that he wanted him to go out on loan to gain league experience and then come back and challenge for a squad place.or did i just get it wrong?

Is frankie out of contract at the end of the season? cause I'm sure i read an interview with GJ in whch i got the impression that he wanted him to go out on loan to gain league experience and then come back and challenge for a squad place.or did i just get it wrong?

I think that was the plan. But where James Wilson has challenged for a first team place, we've seen nothing of Artus.

I assume he's just not up to it. But then SL has just come out and said he's delaying contract talks until the end of the season. I assume that's in regard to fringe players like Artus

But it is a great goal well worth watching.

I think that was the plan. But where James Wilson has challenged for a first team place, we've seen nothing of Artus.

I assume he's just not up to it. But then SL has just come out and said he's delaying contract talks until the end of the season. I assume that's in regard to fringe players like Artus

But it is a great goal well worth watching.

Hear hear!

Would also add that his goal against Oldham, whilst very different (neat 1-2 on the edge of the box & a cool finish) was also a very good effort.

I appreciate everyone else probably knows this, but if you subscribe to World you can access other clubs sites to see their videos too.

Yep, they were two crackers. The one at the weekend was a bit of a wonder goal, a really great hit, and his first at home was all about good quick feet and a nice one two combination, with a cool finish.

For me what is encouraging is that firstly, he wasn't afraid of shooting, which I think our current squad don't do enough of and secondly, he was a central midfielder who was happy to get forward and end up ahead of the strikers, again something we have lacked in recent seasons.

Given a good pre-season, GJ will have to seriously consider utlising this chap, otherwise he is going to be forced to look elsewhere, which would be a massive shame.

reckon if his form continues at cheltenham, he might get offered a 6 month contract by us, which i think would be a good idea considering how he is playing at the mo,

If thats all we offer him then I hope he goes elsewhere.

why?

shows johnson is giving him a chance to impress, and if i was artus i would stay for the 6 months, in the knowledge that if at christmas he isnt offered another extension, managers like martin allen will be there ready to sign him

Hes got his future to think of - his stock is high at present so he should exploit that to the full and secure a longer term deal.

He may not have any admirers at xmas.

Wow - what a hidden gem, can't believe he isn't starting for Bristol City on the games I have seen him play : battler in midfield [wins nearly everything] and passes the ball perfectly and scores goals.

Martin Allen wants to sign him permanently, but realistically we know that ain't going to happen.

Thanks again.

Wow - what a hidden gem, can't believe he isn't starting for Bristol City on the games I have seen him play : battler in midfield [wins nearly everything] and passes the ball perfectly and scores goals.

Martin Allen wants to sign him permanently, but realistically we know that ain't going to happen.

Thanks again.

I don't know mate he ain't going to get a sniff in our midfield, wouldn't be surpised in the slightest if he was released in the summer.

Am amazed lads like this aren't in our squad offereing some real competition.

Artus certainly has just as much natural ability and potential as Skuse. As long as he's now knuckling down and can stay injury free then I reckon we have a Championship quality midfielder on our hands.

Artus has the potential to be a much better player than Skuse. Let's just hope he is given as many chances as Skuse, who has effectively had near on three/four seasons and is still a very medicore player!

Artus has the potential to be a much better player than Skuse. Let's just hope he is given as many chances as Skuse, who has effectively had near on three/four seasons and is still a very medicore player!

Thats surely a wind up based on recent months ?????

That also brings into question the managers abilities to select the best players.

Thats surely a wind up based on recent months ?????

That also brings into question the managers abilities to select the best players.

Skuse has played because Elliot is injured....fair enough? Would he have been playing if Elliot was fit........its unlikley isn't it?! So it doesn't bring into question the managers ability to select the best players, as with Elliot out of the team, GJ needed somebody who has some experience of first team action and a player who is going to have a good work ethic. Hence the inclusion of Skuse. We all know that GJ doesn't like putting in youngsters with little or no first team experience.

Have I ever seen Skuse score a goal like Artus did at the weekend....of course not......have I ever seen him adopt some really clever footwork on the edge of the opposition box, play a neat one two and slide the ball into the bottom corner.......no.

Skuse, does what he does well, and thats breaking up play and working hard across the middle of the pitch and nobody could doubt he has a good engine. He has improved massively over recent months and every team needs a player like this in and around the squad. However, the potential of Artus is that he can do all that, with the bonus of being a real attacking threat.

You really should be excited by such a prospect!?

Skuse has played because Elliot is injured....fair enough? Would he have been playing if Elliot was fit........its unlikley isn't it?! So it doesn't bring into question the managers ability to select the best players, as with Elliot out of the team, GJ needed somebody who has some experience of first team action and a player who is going to have a good work ethic. Hence the inclusion of Skuse. We all know that GJ doesn't like putting in youngsters with little or no first team experience.

Have I ever seen Skuse score a goal like Artus did at the weekend....of course not......have I ever seen him adopt some really clever footwork on the edge of the opposition box, play a neat one two and slide the ball into the bottom corner.......no.

Skuse, does what he does well, and thats breaking up play and working hard across the middle of the pitch and nobody could doubt he has a good engine. He has improved massively over recent months and every team needs a player like this in and around the squad. However, the potential of Artus is that he can do all that, with the bonus of being a real attacking threat.

Red you misunderstand - I really want Frankie to make it .

I just picked up your comment that CS was mediocre!

the potential of Artus is that he can do all that, with the bonus of being a real attacking threat.

Hang on there.

You just descibed LJ as one of the most influential players for City in the last 10 years but I've never seen Johnson score a goal like Artus did on the weekend or play a neat one two on the edge of the box and slide it in to the corner .

Talk about one rule of one and one rule for another.

Also Skuse has played better than Johnson in recent months hasn't he? Surely Artus is natural competion for Lee's postion in the side and the reason he'll not get a sniff in the first team.

Hang on there.

You just descibed LJ as one of the most influential players for City in the last 10 years but I've never seen Johnson score a goal like Artus did on the weekend or play a neat one two on the edge of the box and slide it in to the corner .

Also Skuse has played better than Johnson in recent months hasn't he? Surely Artus is natural competion for Lee's postion in the side and the reason he'll not get a sniff in the first team.

Oh, you're trying to turn an unrelated thread into a Lee Johnson slagging session.

I'm in shock here.

Hang on there.

Also Skuse has played better than Johnson in recent months hasn't he?

Based on what has been achieved with him playing in one of the most influential positions in the team (promotion and play offs), LJ has to be considered one of the most influential players we have had since we last achieved promotion.....surely?

I never said I would play LJ ahead of Artus did I?

Archived