IGNORED

We Definitely Have A Chance!

B-Rizzle

So...

I've just looked at the league table and after all the negative talk over the last couple of weeks about how we've blown it, i don't really see why people are thinking like that. Yes, it's a big ask...

BUT, IF..

- We beat Preston (we can if we get behind the boys)

- Cardiff beat or draw with swans (not a massive ask)

- Derby beat Burnley (bigger ask but burnley are away and stranger things have happened)

Then, we will be 7th only 4 points behind burnley and remember we still have to play them.

I think this is in our own hands we've got preston, swans and burnley in these last 6 games. I'm not being unrealistc I know its going to be tough and to an extent we'll rely on other results but lets not give up yet, the end of the season will be boring if we do!

Lets give it our best shot, players and fans alike and always believe! this is do-able!!!

:city:

So...

I've just looked at the league table and after all the negative talk over the last couple of weeks about how we've blown it, i don't really see why people are thinking like that. Yes, it's a big ask...

BUT, IF..

- Derby beat Burnley (bigger ask but burnley are away and stranger things have happened)

Then, we will be 7th only 4 points behind burnley and remember we still have to play them.

I think this is in our own hands we've got preston, swans and burnley in these last 6 games. I'm not being unrealistc I know its going to be tough and to an extent we'll rely on other results but lets not give up yet, the end of the season will be boring if we do!

Lets give it our best shot, players and fans alike and always believe! this is do-able!!!

I don't think it would be boring if we drop out of the play offs in the next few games. In a way I'd quite welcome a relaxed end to the season, just for once.

Give a couple of youngsters a few games, let the players have a proper Summer's rest without the extra few weeks of the play offs, and sort next season's squad out early for a sustained challenge next season.

What will be will be, but it really doesn't sound too bad to me.

So basically we need to rely on Cardiff (a team in really poor form) and rely on Burnley to beat Derby (a very big ask) and we need to win just to have a chance?

Sorry if this sounds like more negative talk but even if that all happened with our record of big games and choking under pressure I wouldn't even fancy our chances against Burnley.

I know alot of people want to beleive and I do too but I just can't see us having anything to fight for this season now. We had our chances and as usual were let down. I think what I'm trying to say is rather than getting our hopes up about promotion only to get let down why not just go out and support the lads by cheering them on without expecting anything in return for once.

We only ever seem to be rallying to get behind the team if there is some glory possibilities. I can't remember the last time I heard a fan say "Ah well we didn't do it this season but lets go out there and show the lads we still want to be at the ground and cheer them on to some wins".

So how about lets forget promotion and if results go our way and we get back in with a chance then we can concentrate on it again but for now lets just go out to the ground and bounce around just for the sake of it.

The facts are; we could easily of been in a better position or a worse one; our failure to beat Blackpool at home, Derby away when giving them the run around and letting Cardiff back in has probably done it for us this season;

We are still in with a chance of play offs as are a few others anything but a win today will finish what slim hopes we have.

Premeirship :noexpression: a hopefull dream are there many who believe we are ready for that huge step.,., yet?

So...

BUT, IF..

Teams above us still have to play each other as you say. Burnley are at Cardiff next week for instance! anything can happen. Anyone who thinks they can predict whats going to happen should take a trip to the Bookmakers and put there money where there mouth is!!!!

Everything is still possible in this league. If we don't make it then we will have to say it is our home form (where we have drawn too many games) that kept us out of the play-offs. If we can put in some good home performances between now and the end of the season and keep up the away form then we can sneak into the playoffs.....then who knows....

Everything is still possible in this league. If we don't make it then we will have to say it is our home form (where we have drawn too many games) that kept us out of the play-offs. If we can put in some good home performances between now and the end of the season and keep up the away form then we can sneak into the playoffs.....then who knows....

I have been suppoting City for oer 25 years now, and hope they don't get to the playoffs, because i cant handle going to another playoff and losing it again.

Think were not ready yet, and would rather settle in the this league, until were strong enough, also a lot of city fans would not be able to watch city, home or away, because of getting tickets and the prices for tickets in the Premership.

At least staying in the Championship, we get to watch games

So...

BUT, IF..

We need a good back bone to do it but it's possible, yes.

Just win each single game til the end of the season. Never forget your paycheck.

Lazy bastards.

Lazy bastards.

You tell 'em Tommy, whoever they are. :winner_third_h4h: :noexpression:

It must drive you mad being all the way over there in Sweden with less than an hour and a half before k.o. at the Gate.

Beautiful day here in BS3, England, I'll be legging it down to take my seat in the Dolman in about half an hour. :city:

You tell 'em Tommy, whoever they are. :winner_third_h4h: :noexpression:

It must drive you mad being all the way over there in Sweden with less than an hour and a half before k.o. at the Gate.

Beautiful day here in BS3, England, I'll be legging it down to take my seat in the Dolman in about half an hour. :city:

We should all remember how privileged we are. Just being borned in England :englandsmile4wf: last century makes us outstanding winners :winner_third_h4h::winner_third_h4h::winner_third_h4h::winner_third_h4h::winner_third_h4h:

Weather is great here as well Nogbad, 15 degrees. Plus that is :shocking:

A bit of gardening today just to get hold of some nice cold Oxford Gold.

Enjoy the game!

Tommy

We should all remember how privileged we are. Just being borned in England :englandsmile4wf: last century makes us outstanding winners :winner_third_h4h::winner_third_h4h::winner_third_h4h::winner_third_h4h::winner_third_h4h:

Weather is great here as well Nogbad, 15 degrees. Plus that is :shocking:

A bit of gardening today just to get hold of some nice cold Oxford Gold.

Enjoy the game!

Tommy

Cheers, Tommy I always do.

Just planted a Lavatera, a Cotoneaster and some Japanese Anemone's myself.

But in a hour's time, I won't be gardening, I'll be ROARING. :chant6ez:

Burnley winning. Even a win today wouldn't help our cause unless Cardiff lost a few in a row starting tomorrow.

We aren't ready to go up so I hope for another enjoyable season in the Championship next time out with some more quality in our attacking play and for us to have a sustained effort at making the play-offs- not just one good run like this season.

Burnley winning. Even a win today wouldn't help our cause unless Cardiff lost a few in a row starting tomorrow.

We aren't ready to go up so I hope for another enjoyable season in the Championship next time out with some more quality in our attacking play and for us to have a sustained effort at making the play-offs- not just one good run like this season.

You seems to be right. We should also give our pedigree a fair chance.

It's nothing to be scared of. Promise.

Frankie Artus could well run our midfield next season but the easy option is of course to sign him on and then kill him off.

Nice and gently..

Looking forward to watch him play at Peterborough next Friday.

I seriously hope we lose our next two matches so we can stop clinging to stupid promotion hopes. Even if we make it into the play offs we will not win them as we aren't strong enough and it would be absoloutly pointless to go up this season when our squad would have struggled to make the play offs. Signings or not we don't even have a base to build on for next season in the Premier League.

I'd rather people stopped hoping for play offs and just accept that there is alot of team building to be done before we get promotion.

I seriously hope we lose our next two matches so we can stop clinging to stupid promotion hopes. Even if we make it into the play offs we will not win them as we aren't strong enough and it would be absoloutly pointless to go up this season when our squad would have struggled to make the play offs. Signings or not we don't even have a base to build on for next season in the Premier League.

I'd rather people stopped hoping for play offs and just accept that there is alot of team building to be done before we get promotion.

If we get promoted we will get a hell a lot of money that wisely could be invested in youngsters.

If we get promoted we will get a hell a lot of money that wisely could be invested in youngsters.

And with the current squad we have we'd go straight back down and all the money that would be invested in trying to stay up would go to waste as the same players we bring in would probably be the first to leave.

Don't get me wrong I want Premier League football but I want it when the club is truely ready and when the fans are confident of staying up. If we go up this season we'll come straight back down and we'll have to rebuild all over again.

And with the current squad we have we'd go straight back down and all the money that would be invested in trying to stay up would go to waste as the same players we bring in would probably be the first to leave.

Don't get me wrong I want Premier League football but I want it when the club is truely ready and when the fans are confident of staying up. If we go up this season we'll come straight back down and we'll have to rebuild all over again.

I understand what you are saying. We need a good back bone to go up and we should invest in young talented players if we make it.

If we get relegated again we should be well paid for out talent and with the parachute money we can have another go.

Its seems whenever we get a great goal we go too defensive and let one in. We sat back as soon as we scored and we've paid for it.

Have to agree completely.

We always seem to go infront and then sit back. The goal was a series of mistakes but after they scored we got on the front foot again.

Is this the instruction from the bench?

it begs the question I think.

Archived