IGNORED

Strange Comments From Johnson Re. Youth

dezgimed

Just admitted the season is over.

But said the young players wont come in because they cant handle big pressure games, do we even have any of those left now?

He also said we didnt handle the pressure month of March, well that was our senior team wasnt it? Not much youth about there and they bottled it.

Dissapointed with it because it really sounds like he doesnt favour the youth option, whereas I remember a few of our youngsters winning 3-2 at Hillsbrough a few years back under Tinnion when let off the leash.

:surrender:

But said the young players wont come in because they cant handle big pressure games, do we even have any of those left now?

He also said we didnt handle the pressure month of March, well that was our senior team wasnt it? Not much youth about there and they bottled it.

Dissapointed with it because it really sounds like he doesnt favour the youth option, whereas I remember a few of our youngsters winning 3-2 at Hillsbrough a few years back under Tinnion when let off the leash.

That's disappointing. What big pressure games? How do we find out who's up to it without trying? Surely, this is the time to find out who will potentially sink or swim. Oh well, let's keep bankrolling the academy regardless. How do Everton, Man Utd and the like find the scope to try out their propspects?

Monday's game will just be less interesting than it could have been.

the one that astonished me is letting Akinde stay at Wycombe!

Plan for next season and use the players who may feature. Akinde is a possibility....a good chance for him to get 3/4 games under his belt at this level...and we wont use it!

Didn't the '3 wise men' turn things around for us by introducing Coles and Hill way back when?!

if 17 years olds can score for man utd, and another came on for blackburn today how come we cant get some of the younger players in the team now,

We have nothing to play for, lets have a look at styvarr, akinde, wilson, artus, ribs if fit, plus any others propects in the squad, I for one would like to see what we have at the club, We already know what this team can and can't do, lets give the young uns some experience.

So what youngsters would you like to see, James Wlison? but who else?

Akinde is doing fine at Wycombe, he scored again today and all his remaining games there will be pressured with them pushing for promotion. I doubt he'd be happy to recalled to City to play in meaningless games.

People call for the 'youngsters' to be given first team experience now that the season is over but who are these youngsters?

yes I find this strange after all I really can't see us spending allot this Summer, I know that does not mean no quality as some can be picked up on the cheap but rare. So youth coming through is the other option, when else will they get a chance the big pressure games start again next season.

The experienced players have cracked under pressure as they did in the latter part of last season. I worry that Gary's loyalty will mean we still have largely the same squad with its lack of mental toughness next seasontude. By his logic we might as well sell Ribeiro now if young players by definition cannot take pressure. Rather smacks of Danny Wilson picking Peacock ahead of Lita because for him experience counted for more than ability. Best give McAllister a 10 year contract then.

To be fair, that 3-2 win at sheff wed was a 'nothing' game for us, so no pressure for the city players on that day. If i remember there was a mathematical chance of play offs(maybe not) but basically our season was over. I see what you are saying regards youth, but realistically GJ is right, we don't have any players in the youth side who are close enough to warrent getting a game, even with the season over. It would be detrement to both them and the management team to use them in games that will be important for the likes of Burnley and Swansea. What would be the point in playing them in games and them losing in a side 3 or 4 nil? They as players would not take anything positive from it in my view. If they were close to the standard, then yes by all means play them, but as GJ said it is only really Wilson and Riberio who fall into that category. I think they would be playing IF they were fit to do so.

As it stands, I think Gj will take more from starting with players he wants to make his mind up about keeping or moving on in the summer. Clearly from his words he is looking to see which players show the attitude over the next few games to stay with the club past this season. Those who show it, will be in his plans, those who don't will move on.For me, given the situation, that is a far better option for the club that playing youth players who clearly are not ready. For GJ to find a few players that don't show the right attitude is more important, we can move them on, lose their high wages and replace them. Playing youngsters who are not ready will only tell us what we already know, that they are not ready and that has no postitive outcome for GJ or them.

If akinde and artus were not on loan, i would like to have maybe seen them play, but again , when you weigh it up they are probly best staying playing well for their loan clubs and letting us see who is up for builidng again for next year.

Shame you missed out the other bit of the interview when he said "which youngsters? the two closest are both injured (Wilson and Riberio), Artus - he's not ready for first team yet and Akinde is out on loan" - he then went on to say he gave a rocket to some of the players and he wants to see their reactions in the next few games - if they don't they are on their bikes.

Shame you missed out the other bit of the interview when he said "which youngsters? the two closest are both injured (Wilson and Riberio), Artus - he's not ready for first team yet and Akinde is out on loan" - he then went on to say he gave a rocket to some of the players and he wants to see their reactions in the next few games - if they don't they are on their bikes.

Dezgimed quouting out of context? Surely not..........

I did see that part. But tbh you can only hear so much about grenades, rockets, cup finals etc. Its just talk.

Why isnt Artus ready?

Cheltenham seem to think he is, he is apparently excelling at L1 level, where we were only 2 seasons ago.

I couldnt give a crap about Wycombe/Cheltenhams cause, we should be preparing ourselves for next season.

If we don't have any other youth players to have a look at we might aswell shut the academy down now.

To be fair, that 3-2 win at sheff wed was a 'nothing' game for us, so no pressure for the city players on that day. If i remember there was a mathematical chance of play offs(maybe not) but basically our season was over. I see what you are saying regards youth, but realistically GJ is right, we don't have any players in the youth side who are close enough to warrent getting a game, even with the season over. It would be detrement to both them and the management team to use them in games that will be important for the likes of Burnley and Swansea. What would be the point in playing them in games and them losing in a side 3 or 4 nil? They as players would not take anything positive from it in my view. If they were close to the standard, then yes by all means play them, but as GJ said it is only really Wilson and Riberio who fall into that category. I think they would be playing IF they were fit to do so.

As it stands, I think Gj will take more from starting with players he wants to make his mind up about keeping or moving on in the summer. Clearly from his words he is looking to see which players show the attitude over the next few games to stay with the club past this season. Those who show it, will be in his plans, those who don't will move on.For me, given the situation, that is a far better option for the club that playing youth players who clearly are not ready. For GJ to find a few players that don't show the right attitude is more important, we can move them on, lose their high wages and replace them. Playing youngsters who are not ready will only tell us what we already know, that they are not ready and that has no postitive outcome for GJ or them.

If akinde and artus were not on loan, i would like to have maybe seen them play, but again , when you weigh it up they are probly best staying playing well for their loan clubs and letting us see who is up for builidng again for next year.

Yeah good points and I did think along these lines but surely GJ should know his players by now and it's a bit late for established players to be playing for next season when they have had plenty of opportunity to do it all season, when it mattered.

No game can be a totally 'nothing' game, what about playing for pride. Are the players still proud to wear the shirt, fight for the shirt? Do they still want to be motivated, have they still the hunger.

Yes they may be disappointed that the season has been ended by a team who behaved unsportingly.But as a fan I'm disappointed too. They can leave and find new challenges from another club, I can't! I want to be proud of them, and I am for what they have done this season, but i want to look ahead as I have said in another thread.

The injuries and suspensions, as well as the fact there is no playoff chance, gives an ideal time to shake things up a bit. try new things that maybe we were frightened of doing before as we still had it all to lose. At least we know now, and are not relying on other teams results on the last day. We can go out, play with confidence and pride and reward the fans who's support has been supurb this season, it's the least the players can do.

Last few games still matter - we want to finish as high as possible. I wouldn't want us throwing 11 new players in. Just a few. Wilson is the obvious one.

Recalling Akinde would be a massive mistake in my opinion. He's doing brilliantly, is playing in pressure games and experiencing a promotion push. Fantastic experience for him. His form is suggesting though that we could have a brilliant player on our hands. It's two divisions below let's not forget but he's doing everything possible.

Plummer Walker Riberio (if fit) Wilson etc should all get run outs. Even if its only for 10 or 15 minutes it still makes them feel apart of it, and who knows somebody like Plummer could bang in a few....

If GJ is not prepared to play these playes NOW then it seems utterly pointless them being here.

GJs stance doesn't give the young players at the club much hope does it, some could have been at least on the bench.

How many times have we got to hear "I want to see a reaction or they will be off", at least 3 times this season already, surely he knows which players are good enough and which players aren't by now.

Goalkeepers- I would like serious competition for Adriano Bassos place, at the moment he knows that if he makes a mistake, he still has his place.

Defence- IMO we need 1 or 2 experienced CBs, (a player in the Arjan de Zeeuw mould only younger), Louis Carey has poor concentration/positional levels and Jamie McCombe is not mobile enough for the CCC and as we know James Wilson has a smuch chance of playing as we have of going up this season. We also need competition at LB.

Midfield- A FIT, attacking/creative player is a must, we won't get a full season out of Gavin Williams next year. We may also need a replacement for Marvin Elliott, again that replacement has to be experienced (in the mould of Lee Carsley).

Strikers- If Dele Adebola goes then he must be replaced, and again it must be with an experienced target man with Akinde on the bench EVERY week as a back up.

BCAGFC

what about playing for pride. Are the players still proud to wear the shirt, fight for the shirt? Do they still want to be motivated, have they still the hunger.

It is just a job for the majority of them, they have no pride in playing for BCFC unlike us, who would bleed to death if we were good enough to get in the team.

Expect another lacklustre 1-1 draw on monday, with us getting totally outplayed in midfield.

BCAGFC

If Gary doesn't know the players' attitude by now he never will. That has been perfectly obvious since we won at Reading and then capitulated. If there are players who know they are guaranteed a place regardless (and I don't mean LJ as there are plenty of others, not least the one who cost us the game today) then the attitude is likely to be pretty lax. Why bother to put yourself out when you're in the comfort zone? Why be assed if, like Brian Wilson, you're offered a new contract to sit in the stand as third choice right back? Loyalty is a laudable thing but it's turning into complacency on the part of the Manager and players alike.

So what youngsters would you like to see, James Wlison? but who else?

Akinde is doing fine at Wycombe, he scored again today and all his remaining games there will be pressured with them pushing for promotion. I doubt he'd be happy to recalled to City to play in meaningless games.

People call for the 'youngsters' to be given first team experience now that the season is over but who are these youngsters?

Get Artus back from Cheltenham and put him in. They've got no chance of staying up and he's done a good job there. If he's worthy of a new contract, he's worthy of a start in a nothing game.

Archived