IGNORED

Team Did Well

ashbrisc11

team played well jus cracked under pressure but they played their asses off out on that pitch today they deserved a bit more than they got today it jus gets on my nerves give johnson,mcindoe,mcallister,mccombe,maynard,john n the rest of those players a break so stop moaning for once n get behind them just for once i wanna c one hell of an atmosphere of city chants on monday not taking mick out of rovers n don't bounce until were winning

COME on u reds. city till i die but i wanna know if you are aswell.cider army

team played well jus cracked under pressure but they played their asses off out on that pitch today they deserved a bit more than they got today it jus gets on my nerves give johnson,mcindoe,mcallister,mccombe,maynard,john n the rest of those players a break so stop moaning for once n get behind them just for once i wanna c one hell of an atmosphere of city chants on monday not taking mick out of rovers n don't bounce until were winning

COME on u reds. city till i die but i wanna know if you are aswell.cider army

Takea breath pal!

Yeah they worked their socks off today, but far to many mistakes cost us this season.

As for the fans and the atmosphere they create.....I personally think our fans have been amazing this season. So many fans of away clubs praise us, and the atmosphere at the gate since the "bounce" was introduced has picked up enormously

If we had performed on the pitch this year, like the fans have in the stands, home and away....we would have won the league by now

Takea breath pal!

Yeah they worked their socks off today, but far to many mistakes cost us this season.

As for the fans and the atmosphere they create.....I personally think our fans have been amazing this season. So many fans of away clubs praise us, and the atmosphere at the gate since the "bounce" was introduced has picked up enormously

If we had performed on the pitch this year, like the fans have in the stands, home and away....we would have won the league by now

Too many numpty Premier League watching, short termism-solution fans at home this season IMO

ctid

Too many numpty Premier League watching, short termism-solution fans at home this season IMO

ctid

I.M.H.O we, i.e B.C.F.C need every fan we can get, short or any term; quite happy to stand oops sorry sit next to any fan supporting my club whether they have been for one game or for hundreds and hundreds and for over 40years.

I.M.H.O we, i.e B.C.F.C need every fan we can get, short or any term; quite happy to stand oops sorry sit next to any fan supporting my club whether they have been for one game or for hundreds and hundreds and for over 40years.

Yes I agree with you but too many 'fans' I meet seem to want instant success as so it was a birthright

forgetting the journey we have made. Too much skysports murdoch propaganda thinking me was

Takea breath pal!

I agree the fans, home and away, have been great this year. It's just a significant section of the fans on here that get to me. If the forum represents the hard-core, long-term, committed fanbase ... and the balance that make up the weekly attendance every Saturday are the 'newbie, Sky-sport, transient brigade' then how come they seem to give better 'support'?

I think this could be a real issue in the medium term, if we have a poor start next year how will we, as a club, react? Or even if we have a great season and win every game next season, how will we respoond to the challenges of the Priemiership?

You can see the difference it makes; when Derby went up they struggled, the club paniced, they sacked the manager, and went down the toilet. Stoke this year, whatever you think of them, will more than likely stay up, arguably, because of the unstinting support of their fans. Sometimes, when I come on here, I fear we'll make Derby look like paragons of patience ... thankfully, when I go to the Gate, I'm more hopeful.

Happy Easter- here's to new life!

mate me a short term prem fan whatever i have followed this club through n through ive followed this club for 14 years of my life and to be honest my dad has followed this club since 1962 year he was born n his dad followed city from 1930 and my names ashton so how am i part time so ive seen highs and lows and this aint a low mate so trust me weve had alot worse than this o and remember we were in league one 2 years ago so we havent underachieved i think that we overacheieved last season n then many fans thought we would do it this year this has been an achievable season so please may i say you are probs the part timers for saying this season is underachievable whilst yet i think our targets were over apsirationable so don't bellow your mouth out at me mate and please may i state cardiff were taking the mick out of us when they scored ok bouncing at start to get tention up but not all game because it sounds to repeatable and rovers in my opinion do not have a part in my life but this team does so get behind them and not sing about rovers if you want to sing about rovers go support them and also may i state if you think to many mistakes have cost us then c if you can do better than them yourself ok this club means alot to you but thier professionals there fitness is alot better than ours and i know that .COME on u reds

cider army

mate me a short term prem fan whatever i have followed this club through n through ive followed this club for 14 years of my life and to be honest my dad has followed this club since 1962 year he was born n his dad followed city from 1930 and my names ashton so how am i part time so ive seen highs and lows and this aint a low mate so trust me weve had alot worse than this o and remember we were in league one 2 years ago so we havent underachieved i think that we overacheieved last season n then many fans thought we would do it this year this has been an achievable season so please may i say you are probs the part timers for saying this season is underachievable whilst yet i think our targets were over apsirationable so don't bellow your mouth out at me mate and please may i state cardiff were taking the mick out of us when they scored ok bouncing at start to get tention up but not all game because it sounds to repeatable and rovers in my opinion do not have a part in my life but this team does so get behind them and not sing about rovers if you want to sing about rovers go support them and also may i state if you think to many mistakes have cost us then c if you can do better than them yourself ok this club means alot to you but thier professionals there fitness is alot better than ours and i know that .COME on u reds

cider army

What have you been drinking? :noexpression:

cider army

All that makes sense once I realised that you are 14 years old.

Big lesson before you take your GCSEs: learn basic grammar. It wasn't invented just to be a pain, it helps the rest of us read what you're trying to say.

If I want to express my hate of the gas then I will as will many other City fans, there's nothing wrong with that and I think you'll find most teams across the country sing about their rivals.

And I don't really get your point about bouncing...

cardiff were taking the mick out of us when they scored against us.

To be fair I don't think anyone is questioning the players commitment. I, and I'm not alone in saying so that if the club is to progress beyond where we find ourself (and I don't think we should be walking away with the league, but a play-off place next season should be the minimum goal) certain players have taken us a fair as they can and need to be replaced with real quality. I'm sure I'll now be classed as a moaner but it's a simple case that we can't live on past glory and progression needs to happen.

cider army

Wow, only one full stop in that little tirade! Well me and a few hundred others are off to Mem, " If your standing on a corner with a blue scarf 'round your neck..." :noexpression:

To be fair I don't think anyone is questioning the players commitment. I, and I'm not alone in saying so that if the club is to progress beyond where we find ourself (and I don't think we should be walking away with the league, but a play-off place next season should be the minimum goal) certain players have taken us a fair as they can and need to be replaced with real quality. I'm sure I'll now be classed as a moaner but it's a simple case that we can't live on past glory and progression needs to happen.

I think you are correct. You cannot question the commitment of the lads who wear red shirts every week. But you can question the general quality in our team. Opposition managers now appear to be waking up to the fact that if you match Bristol City for effort then you have a great chance of getting a point at Ashton Gate and three points on your home turf. That is the reality of our performances since Doncaster away. I am sure that GJ will add to the quality of the squad and I am also sure that in his heart of hearts he knows that if he doesn't then we could be in for a rocky ride next season. The loyalty shown by GJ has seen us rise to a fantastic position - we now need some fresh blood to takes us forward if we are to maintain and better our current status.

Team did play well yesterday, but we made mistakes - story of our season.

Thought Maynard was immense. Took players on, worked tirelessly. Brilliant.

Maynard looked like a Championship player yesterday and contributed a lot outside the box - something we haven't seen enough of so far. Presumably he is working hard and it is starting to pay off. As for the mistakes - one or two players are making too many and too often in my view and this must surely be stretching GJ's loyalty?

Maynard looked like a Championship player yesterday and contributed a lot outside the box - something we haven't seen enough of so far. Presumably he is working hard and it is starting to pay off. As for the mistakes - one or two players are making too many and too often in my view and this must surely be stretching GJ's loyalty?

Gary Johnson is ambitious manager and this season has been his worse since returning to the country - in terms of "improvement" or lack of it.

I'm confident he'll bring in better players for next season.

Although I don't think McCombe was dreadful like you stated in another thread, it is clear that he makes more mistakes than fonts or carey and his overall game is not as good as the others, so he is clearly a very good third choice centre back IMO

Gary Johnson is ambitious manager and this season has been his worse since returning to the country - in terms of "improvement" or lack of it.

I'm confident he'll bring in better players for next season.

Although I don't think McCombe was dreadful like you stated in another thread, it is clear that he makes more mistakes than fonts or carey and his overall game is not as good as the others, so he is clearly a very good third choice centre back IMO

The "DREADFUL" quote applied specifically to his performance yesterday - and I stand by that!!! McCombe had a great game last week against Parkin and was pants yesterday against pace and movement - he is a horses for courses squad player in my view - and not a first name on the teamsheet.

The "DREADFUL" quote applied specifically to his performance yesterday - and I stand by that!!! McCombe had a great game last week against Parkin and was pants yesterday against pace and movement - he is a horses for courses squad player in my view - and not a first name on the teamsheet.

Interesting, when i went to watch the under18's way back in the morning before the Doncaster home game Gary was there and i managed to have a chat with him and we got talking about Wembley and i said 'Do you think we lost because Bradley got took off' and he said 'Well Jamie McCombe was ill in the morning!'

Interesting, when i went to watch the under18's way back in the morning before the Doncaster home game Gary was there and i managed to have a chat with him and we got talking about Wembley and i said 'Do you think we lost because Bradley got took off' and he said 'Well Jamie McCombe was ill in the morning!'

McCombe would have done a good job on Windass to be fair. Put him in a physical battle and he always fronts up and looks the part (just like last week against the giant Parkin) but expose him to pace and movement and I reckon he struggles at this level. Yesterday he giftwrapped two goals to Forest unfortunately.

I don't think he dreadful game. A poor game yes, but not dreadful - he still won his fair share in the air.

Guest bigcheese

If I can go and watch them as long as they play their hearts out, win lose or draw I will be happy. All I ask for.

There are no easy games in the CCC but City don't half make things difficult for themselves sometimes it seems :-)

Also I think Maynard has developed well he used to be pushed off the ball all the time but he seems a lot stronger :fingerscrossed:

I don't think he dreadful game. A poor game yes, but not dreadful - he still won his fair share in the air.

Thats where we disagree - McCombe in my view was beaten in the air more times than he should have been by Blackstock. And when he did get his head on the ball and we needed distance he instead cushioned it perfectly for Blackstock to fire home the winner. He basically giftwrapped two of the three goals to Forest with schoolboy standard defending - it was so bad that is difficult to think of any excuses for him. Without our injury crisis today I think he should have been dropped but obviously he won't be because we have no fit bodies available to replace him - I hope he has a great game today. I genuinely think that was the poorest 90 minutes I have seen from a City Centre Half in a long time. My simple view is that McCombe can play as well as anyone against strength and brawn but looks all over the place when he is facing pace and movement - and I'm sure it hasn't gone un-noticed by managers of opposing teams.

Archived