IGNORED

Swansea Matchday Thread - Izzy At Right Back

Smokey

Bristol City: Basso; Iriekpen, McCombe, Fontaine, McAllister; Skuse, Johnson, Elliott; Maynard, Adebola, McIndoe. Subs: Styvar, Sproule, Williams, Trundle, Henderson.

So we're again going to play an unbalanced 442 and pretend it's a 433. We'll get slaughtered down our right side and with no width as McIndoe wanders all over the place we'll resort to long balls to Dele's head. Maynard will be isolated out wide or feeding off scraps from random those long balls knocked down. Swansea will just play around our midfield and both full backs will be very exposed.

I really do wish we'd stop pissing about and play a normal 442 with two wingers (Sproule and McIndoe) and our two best central midfielders in Elliott and Williams.

So we're again going to play an unbalanced 442 and pretend it's a 433. We'll get slaughtered down our right side and with no width as McIndoe wanders all over the place we'll resort to long balls to Dele's head. Maynard will be isolated out wide or feeding off scraps from random those long balls knocked down. Swansea will just play around our midfield and both full backs will be very exposed.

I really do wish we'd stop pissing about and play a normal 442 with two wingers (Sproule and McIndoe) and our two best central midfielders in Elliott and Williams.

I agree with you to a point, but when we played the 433 around January/February time (albeit with different players involved) our results were ok I thought, it was around the time we went on our really good run I think.

Anyway, decent start, sounds livelyish!

Archived