IGNORED

Swansea Matchday Thread - Izzy At Right Back

Smokey

Unfortunately today is the first time I am starting to question Johnson's ability in getting the most out of these players ...

?

He has got the most out of these players. That is why it is time to ditch the ones who aren't good enough to take us up to the next level- McCallister, LJ, McCombe, McIndoe etc.

?

He has got the most out of these players. That is why it is time to ditch the ones who aren't good enough to take us up to the next level- McCallister, LJ, McCombe, McIndoe etc.

My real point being that we've managed 1 defeat in 10 previously, shortly followed by 1 win in 10.

There are many factors at work here, but attitude/belief as well as tactics have played a real part.

I couldn't care less about the result to be honest although 1 win in 10 does concern me in regard to next season. Start like that and it will be a very tough season. However, wouldn't it be nice, just for once, to hear GJ take some responsibility himself for the defeat. Perhaps the work that he and his coaches on the training ground to defend set-pieces hasn't been good enough.

My real point being that we've managed 1 defeat in 10 previously, shortly followed by 1 win in 10.

There are many factors at work here, but attitude/belief as well as tactics have played a real part.

OK.

But GJ deserves a chance to build a new side for next season (bar a few quality Championship players we have like Maynard, Carey, Fontaine, Elliott, Williams, Basso and Orr). If he struggles next season then it might see a few turn on him.

Unfortunately today is the first time I am starting to question Johnson's ability in getting the most out of these players ...

I might feel a bit different once I calm down a bit.

I think you just have to write the remainder of the season off.

Although the management have produced positive spin, to be fair that is their job, it has been reasonably clear that we would struggle to make the play-offs as far back as Cardiff at home.

I can honestly say, as wrong as it may be, that I am not angry, worried or concerned by todays result. I expected a defeat and a defeat we received, in all honesty a struggling team between now and the end of the season is probably more beneficial in the long run than a sudden and dramtic upturn in fortunes.

We've had a solid season. Next year, and in essence the summer, is crucial. This season can be 'excused'. After a sensational opening campaign I was happy to settle for mediocrity and a safe mid-table position, next season we need to produce, even if we fail to to topple the heights, convincing performances.

On a side note, as much as it pains me, congratulations to Stoke on their Premier league survival and Wolves on their promotion.

Archived