IGNORED

Johnson Close To Forest Move In January

And Its Smith

Crowd pleasing is exactly why 7 goal Jacki and not many more goals Trundle were/are are so popular. Both of them were fancy tricksters who didn't work hard enough for the team and yet many fans love them.

As for Lee Johnson. I tend to agree with his Dad. He does bring a lot to the team by always being available. The amount of loose balls he picks up is tremendous as well. What the ciritics pick up on is the fact that he's playing under his Dad, he doesn't score anything like enough goals, he's diminuative and makes too many wayward passes by trying to be too fancy. Any other players with same qualities/weaknesses wouldn't take as much stick as Lee Johnson does.

I've said before that Lee Johnson would be better off playing under a different manager. The accusations of nepotism wouldn't enter into. He'd be playing in a team with no question regarding whether he merited his place or not. If he continues to play for his Dad there will always be a shadow over his career - regardless of whether its warrented or not.

He would get a greater level of professional satisfaction knowing simply that. If he was approached by another CCC club then he should he should seriously think about moving away from AG.

But surely GJ could have dealt with the LJ situation far better than he has. If he dropped him once in a while or at least substituted him before the 89th minute when he is having a mare then the bulletproof, untouchable tag would be removed from Lee. Today will be the test. The game has no significance to us and therefore Lee could be on the bench. Will Gary be brave enough to do this? Time will tell.

Crowd pleasing is exactly why 7 goal Jacki and not many more goals Trundle were/are are so popular. Both of them were fancy tricksters who didn't work hard enough for the team and yet many fans love them.

As for Lee Johnson. I tend to agree with his Dad. He does bring a lot to the team by always being available. The amount of loose balls he picks up is tremendous as well. What the ciritics pick up on is the fact that he's playing under his Dad, he doesn't score anything like enough goals, he's diminuative and makes too many wayward passes by trying to be too fancy. Any other players with same qualities/weaknesses wouldn't take as much stick as Lee Johnson does.

I've said before that Lee Johnson would be better off playing under a different manager. The accusations of nepotism wouldn't enter into. He'd be playing in a team with no question regarding whether he merited his place or not. If he continues to play for his Dad there will always be a shadow over his career - regardless of whether its warrented or not.

He would get a greater level of professional satisfaction knowing simply that. If he was approached by another CCC club then he should he should seriously think about moving away from AG.

It deeply troubles me to say this, but I have noticed that recently you have begun to make some insightful comments. It seems to have coincided with the addition of the Churchill quote as your signature....

............I agree with all your comments.

It isn't just that he isn't a crowd pleaser in the Jacki/Trundle sense, I previously made the point that nor is he a ferocious tackler and battler - many small midfield players have demonstrated in the past that being small doesn't stop you from being that sort of player. LJ is a talented, functional player, but that's not really what I for one want to see.

But surely GJ could have dealt with the LJ situation far better than he has. If he dropped him once in a while or at least substituted him before the 89th minute when he is having a mare then the bulletproof, untouchable tag would be removed from Lee. Today will be the test. The game has no significance to us and therefore Lee could be on the bench. Will Gary be brave enough to do this? Time will tell.

But why should he? The day any manager starts making team selections based on pandering to a crowd then he's on borrowed time.

But why should he? The day any manager starts making team selections based on pandering to a crowd then he's on borrowed time.

Fair comment. Under normal circumstances I would agree with you but when you employ your son, I feel that you have to be seen by both fans and players to be treating him without the slightest shred of favouritism. I just feel that GJ hasn't managed to clearly demonstrate this and should have addressed this last season instead of letting it fester on.

Well let's put it this way, I think you are doing a very good job of sounding like Lee's mum.

I am right, aren't I?

No, Nicky, it's your Mum. Now I've left your dinner in the oven and I'll be back from bingo at 9pm.

The only person that claims LJ should be an automatic selection is GJ - by actions and, recently words, unless LJ isn't one of the 6 or 7 he was referring to. That's the whole point of this never ending debate.

Seems to be only you in that debate.

but as soon as he's up against a feisty opponent, even vertically challenged ones like Lee - so recently McKenna of Preston immediately springs to mind - Lee is outfought, outmuscled and totally ineffective.

Fair comment as I've already indicated and Skuse might do better in those matches.

But equally if he isn't doing those things, as was the case for a large part of the early part of this season, I hope GJ will see fit to bring a replacement in.

The wish list for a central midfielder is getting quite long:

Strong

Can tackle

Can pass

Can take on players

Amazing creativity

Good link up timing with Maynard et al

Determined

Good stamina

Scores a lot

Takes excellent set pieces.

Even 4+ of these is going to be pricey.

Not to mention we have bigger problems at RM and maybe defence too. We also have no cover for McIndoe and it sounds like a few players might be leaving.

Wonder if SL is feeling especially generous.

Archived