IGNORED

Dele Is Off

Pickle Rick

LINK

Time for Akinde to 'step up' then hopefully, though Johnson has transfer targets.

GJ knew this a while ago i reckon. but he has only gone public now there is nowt to play for, mathematically. otherwise he'd of had to drop him in keeping with what he said about bradders.

also where does this leave styvar if he cant get a game when bola is leaving. out the door????

i hope to god wev'e got a top drawer striker coming in. a proven championship man. we cant be taking any punts with this one. no 'ones for the furture' he has to hit the ground running.

This has been common knowledge for weeks and I was very surprised with the reception he received on sat. I was certainly not going to clap and cheer someone who wants to leave us. I can completely understand why Dele wants to leave but at the same time I'm a Bristol City fan not a Dele Adebola fan and Bristol City for me is bigger than any one player and always will be. I thank him for his goals and commitment whilst he has been here and hope without him now in the squad we will start going long like we have so often done with him in the team.

This has been common knowledge for weeks and I was very surprised with the reception he received on sat. I was certainly not going to clap and cheer someone who wants to leave us. I can completely understand why Dele wants to leave but at the same time I'm a Bristol City fan not a Dele Adebola fan and Bristol City for me is bigger than any one player and always will be. I thank him for his goals and commitment whilst he has been here and hope without him now in the squad we will start going long like we have so often done with him in the team.

I disagree. Dele wants to try and prolong his career, i guess we`re only prepared to extend by another year. Dele has done a good job for us and i would have no qualms about applauding him off the pitch, or indeed, welcoming him if he happens to visit us next season should he manage to secure a slot with another CCC club.

Yes, BCFC is bigger than any other player, but that doesn`t mean you can`t respect those that have worn the shirt and leave for genuine reasons.

Out of curiosity i assume you no longer clap and cheer Loius, Scotty and if Matt Hill was to come back i guess you`d be giving him the cold shoulder too.

Honestly, save your disdain for those who truly deserve it, like Phillips, and be man enough to give someone the credit they deserve.

PDG

GJ knew this a while ago i reckon. but he has only gone public now there is nowt to play for, mathematically. otherwise he'd of had to drop him in keeping with what he said about bradders.

I think Gary didn't know and thought he'd sign his contract, it would seem he's misjudged the situation as he said this a few weeks ago.

Johnson told BBC Radio Bristol: "Talks have been ongoing and hopefully he's happy with what's been put forward. "I'm leaving that to the powers that be but I'm sure that he'll be a City player for longer than this season."

City turned down an offer from Nottingham Forest in the January transfer window and chairman Steve Lansdown and chief executive Colin Sexstone are conducting the talks.

Johnson added: "We've always seen him as a major part of our squad.

"And he's certainly come up trumps and been a major player in our last 10-12 games with his goals, work-rate and presence.

"He's getting back to that unplayable Dele Adebola that we know he is."

Which ask's the question if Johnson rates him so highly and see him as a 'major part' of the squad and 'unplayable' why hasn't he offered him a little longer than the 12 months?

So already that's one of our better players seemingly on his way. If Elliott was to follow I seriously worry for us next season as I don't think Gary has the minerals to bring in the types of players required.

T

The club are correct to offer a 1 year deal. We don't know how good he will be next season, let alone the season after next.

But, Dele would be a fool to accept a 1 year deal if a 2 year deal is out there.... he's got to think about himself and his family in that regard.

The club are correct to offer a 1 year deal. We don't know how good he will be next season, let alone the season after next.

But, Dele would be a fool to accept a 1 year deal if a 2 year deal is out there.... he's got to think about himself and his family in that regard.

Summed up perfectly.

I think Gary didn't know and thought he'd sign his contract, it would seem he's misjudged the situation as he said this a few weeks ago.

Johnson told BBC Radio Bristol: "Talks have been ongoing and hopefully he's happy with what's been put forward. "I'm leaving that to the powers that be but I'm sure that he'll be a City player for longer than this season."

City turned down an offer from Nottingham Forest in the January transfer window and chairman Steve Lansdown and chief executive Colin Sexstone are conducting the talks.

Johnson added: "We've always seen him as a major part of our squad.

"And he's certainly come up trumps and been a major player in our last 10-12 games with his goals, work-rate and presence.

"He's getting back to that unplayable Dele Adebola that we know he is."

Which ask's the question if Johnson rates him so highly and see him as a 'major part' of the squad and 'unplayable' why hasn't he offered him a little longer than the 12 months?

So already that's one of our better players seemingly on his way. If Elliott was to follow I seriously worry for us next season as I don't think Gary has the minerals to bring in the types of players required.

T

i cant believe he seriously thought bola would take a one year deal. surely not!!!

despite those sound bites he must of known he was on his way. ive got no problem with bola, did well for us and wish him all the best. i can see why GJ is reluctant to give him two years. whether its the right decision or not will be seen in due course. what is critical is that GJ replaces with REAL quality.

I have to say that I'm genuinely gutted that Dele will be leaving us in the summer. As I've mentioned a few times on this forum before, it took me a while to become a Dele-convert and to finally see what he contributes to the team.

The thing is, he's done a great job for us this season but has only scored 10 goals. Maynard's got 11. We're not going to get promoted with those stats from our strikers. He works hard from start to finish, always seems to fight for everything, but if we're all being honest Dele is not going to get us near the top of the division.

I'll miss him and will certainly give him a warm reception when he returns to The Gate next season, I'm guessing with Sheff Wed. As 'Seeing Red' has said though, if Marv goes too I'll be starting to get rather worried already. Styvar has hardly set the world alight. I know he's not had much of a run in the side but when he has played has he actually done anything to show any kind of potential?

It's one thing Akinde scoring for Wycombe and quite another to do it in this league. Summer will be about 'striker hunting' again for us. Along with a couple of wingers who can cross the ball I hope.

He's done a good job at City but I'm not sorry to see him go. Maybe without a target man City would forced to play a better style of football instead of the long hoofs out of defence that are aimed in the general direction of big Dele.

Thats what I thought would hapeen with Maynard on Saturday but it was same old hoof ball.

I wonder who the replacement's will be?

Lita is rumoured, wouldn't mind that.

Hmmmm... Lita and Bristol are not that good a combination off the pitch which is why Coppell wouldn't let him come to AG on loan. I also question whether Lita is a 'Johnson player'. Its not as if Lita is a hard worker and will cover 13k of ground during a match.

It occurred to me during the 4-4 Liverpool v Arsenal game last week that is a good job that Arshavin didn't sign for City. He only touched the ball 4 times.....Johnson would have taken him off for not running about very much.

I disagree. Dele wants to try and prolong his career, i guess we`re only prepared to extend by another year. Dele has done a good job for us and i would have no qualms about applauding him off the pitch, or indeed, welcoming him if he happens to visit us next season should he manage to secure a slot with another CCC club.

Yes, BCFC is bigger than any other player, but that doesn`t mean you can`t respect those that have worn the shirt and leave for genuine reasons.

Out of curiosity i assume you no longer clap and cheer Loius, Scotty and if Matt Hill was to come back i guess you`d be giving him the cold shoulder too.

Honestly, save your disdain for those who truly deserve it, like Phillips, and be man enough to give someone the credit they deserve.

PDG

I agree 'respect Dele' and goodbye.

T

I think thats a loada poo to be honest. Johnson is very selective in who he tagets thats quite clear. And he won't be forced to make almost 'panic signings' if he can't get the ones he wants. Johnson will bring in the right quality/personality that'll improve our squad, not make up numbers. Have belief and be optimistic!

Before anyone says it, Styvar hasn't had his chance to prove, I'm sure we'll see a lot of him and Akinde next season!

Back to Dele, no hard feelings as he's made a professional decision. He is a true 'professional' and at his age, like Kev Phillips, a two-year deal is the right option, even if it means dropping a division. Dele's served us well and its time for him to move on as GJ doesn't see more than a good year in him.

I think thats a loada poo to be honest. Johnson is very selective in who he tagets thats quite clear. And he won't be forced to make almost 'panic signings' if he can't get the ones he wants. Johnson will bring in the right quality/personality that'll improve our squad, not make up numbers. Have belief and be optimistic!

No one is suggesting he should panic buy! We don't need more players with the right attitude! we need genuine ability, obviously it would be nice to have both and I'm not suggesting we should sign complete wasters but Johnson really needs to focus far more on the ability side of things rather than finding the right personality, we're trying to find decent footballers not a date to take out to dinner.

Before anyone says it, Styvar hasn't had his chance to prove, I'm sure we'll see a lot of him and Akinde next season!

Debatable, Johnson did put him in but he struggled so had to be taken back out again, like you say there is always next season but thats open to conjecture and opinion.

As it stands today Johnson doesn't think he's good enough otherwise he'd being playing.

Back to Dele, no hard feelings as he's made a professional decision. He is a true 'professional' and at his age, like Kev Phillips, a two-year deal is the right option, even if it means dropping a division. Dele's served us well and its time for him to move on as GJ doesn't see more than a good year in him.

Confliction messages from Gary on Adebola for me. Gary claimed he was 'unplayable' and a major part of our squad so why not give him the 2 years? Only time will tell if we'll miss Adebola next season.

Hmmmm... Lita and Bristol are not that good a combination off the pitch which is why Coppell wouldn't let him come to AG on loan. I also question whether Lita is a 'Johnson player'. Its not as if Lita is a hard worker and will cover 13k of ground during a match.

It occurred to me during the 4-4 Liverpool v Arsenal game last week that is a good job that Arshavin didn't sign for City. He only touched the ball 4 times.....Johnson would have taken him off for not running about very much.

I'd have to disagree with you there. It's well known that we tried to get him back on loan last season so I wouldn't have thought there would be reason to want him then and not now. And despite his off the field trouble, his attitude on the pitch is very good, he works hard and is a great goalscorer at this level. He would definately be an asset, especially on a free transfer.

contrary to your early remark the latter part of your paragraph actually sounded very much like a clap and a cheer.

he has been excellent for us this season, finding the back of net on numerous occasions and also feeding others. He will not be easy to replace.

I'd have to disagree with you there. It's well known that we tried to get him back on loan last season so I wouldn't have thought there would be reason to want him then and not now. And despite his off the field trouble, his attitude on the pitch is very good, he works hard and is a great goalscorer at this level. He would definately be an asset, especially on a free transfer.

Getting a player in on loan is a temporary deal. There is always the option not to extend the loan if there are problems or if the player isn't upto the required standard.

Its a completely different scenario to actually signing a player.

Getting a player in on loan is a temporary deal. There is always the option not to extend the loan if there are problems or if the player isn't upto the required standard.

Its a completely different scenario to actually signing a player.

Very true, but at that point of the season, we still had a lot to play for. You could say there was just as much risk taking him on loan and potentially disrupting the squad than signing him permanently.

I'd be surprised and disappointed if Johnson didn't at least offer to talk with him.

spoke to dele the other day . he said that he wasnt leaving its up to johnson to decide that not him.he also said that this is a fantastic club and he got along with everybody at the club and he felt welcome at city and he would love to stay.

by the sounds of it its up to Johnson as long as Johnson agrees to Deles terms, ie dele will stay but if only offered a 2 yr deal which Johnson is right not to offer in my opinion.

PDG

I too totally agree!

Archived