IGNORED

Is It Time To Ditch Gary?

roylegalatyeo

Johnsons done agreat job over the last 3 seasons , but maybe its time to replace him now rather than wait until we are struggling next season.Our recent run since we beat Coventry on March 10th ,has been nothing short of relegation form,not forgetting the run we had before xmas,that saw us fall down to 18th inthe table.

Johnsons done agreat job over the last 3 seasons , but maybe its time to replace him now rather than wait until we are struggling next season.Our recent run since we beat Coventry on March 10th ,has been nothing short of relegation form,not forgetting the run we had before xmas,that saw us fall down to 18th inthe table.

'knee-jerk reaction' springs to mind.

Yes, let's get rid - that nice Mr Pulis has done well at Stoke. - or maybe Danny Wilson - he saved Swindle from the drop.

I'm sorry, but that is just wrong. Our form isn't great, but seeing as we won't be playing a competitive game for over 3 months, form becomes irrelevant. I think we will have a much improved side next season.

I stand by my belief that GJ is possibly the best or certainly amongst the best managers outside the Premier League. Remember when the Charlton fans wanted Curbishley out because he supposedly wasn't the man to take them to the next level? Changing managers now would be a disaster. I have faith that Gary will make the right changes in the summer to build on this season, not into a relegation fight.

I hope I smell gas in this post, if not just another fool using his keyboard

Was wondering how long before something like this would be posted.

Lets get rid of Johnson and get Aidy Boothroyd in or how about Iain Dowie. I don't think so. We have to often forced managers out at first sight of an uphil struggle and its never done us any favours. Personally if we got rid of Johnson on a whole we would become a laughing stock. I believe some fans really have lost sight of what we are achieving with the resources at our disposal. SL is doing things about the infrastructure to ensure this club becomes bigger and stronger. We require evolution not revolution!

No.

It's time for Gary to re-think some of his approach based on this season though.

We've got as far as hard work and team spirit alone will take us. Now we need quality.

Agree with this.

And to the OP, Gary's 5 year deal means he'll be going nowhere for a while.

I think if we get rid of GJ we'll definitely struggle as technically our players aren't particularly good at championship level, we're more of a team and the reason behind that is GJ.

Getting rid of him is the worst possible idea after the last 3 seasons which have been above all expectations.

He needs to start building his second team with City now, which he's started to do with the likes of Maynard. His first team are beginning to show signs they aren't up to getting us promotion which is fine as a fair few have come with us from League One.

Alright so we have had a poor run in towards the end of the season and yes I am sure that GJ will admit mistakes have been made BUT what we must do is ALL learn from these mistakes and ensure that thewy are not repeated?

I am very confident (to the tune of £400+ for my ST for next season) that SL/GJ will make necessary changes personnel wise and just as importantly in my view cut out the basic mistakes especially when we are trying to hold on to a lead.

As for us fans we must also learn that so called "knee jerk" reactions are not a good thing and if you require further proof then cast your minds back to when GJ first walked through the door at Ashton.

All of you who now appear to want GJ's head on a platter with an apple in his gob (And yes I smell possible Gas or even Sheep - Laugh oh how I laughed) then ask yourselves the following question:-

WOULD YOU SWAP WHERE WE WERE IN SEPTEMBER 2005 FOR WHERE WE ARE NOW.

Anybody who answers YES to the above should see a shrink as a matter of urgency, for those who answer NO then as SL said on the pitch last Saturday "Whats done is gone and lets build for the future" and that future is most certainly with GJ.

Happy Summer

Is this Roy that drinks in the MIners ?

because if it is I would like to inform all other forum user's Roy is famous for his quotes on Players and the management staff, ie ######ing RUBBISH

Please don't write such nonsense on here. Continuity. Patience. Loyalty. Important virtues my friend.

This season's tenth place still represents one of our best fifteen finishes in our history, some posters may have the patience of Flavio Briatore and probably haven't been watching us even long enough to remember Tinnion's time in charge, but we don't want to become another QPR.

Your sounding like one of those Arseholes on the Cardiff forum

No but its time for a few players to go , i for one hope mcallister is on his way over rated and yet again today for ome one with his experiance gave away a pen 3 mins before half time , you cant push players in the box at an away game with the crowd baying for a goal and get away with it , our players this year have not played with there brains let alone anything else and to me mcallister has been far worse than most

Don't

be

ridiculous!

Is this Roy that drinks in the MIners ?

because if it is I would like to inform all other forum user's Roy is famous for his quotes on Players and the management staff, ie ######ing RUBBISH

Ed, in fairness you know its not Roy as the first person to not agree would have been shot down with shouts of "AHHHHH RUBBISH". :laugh:. As for Roy's infamous qoutes I got one the other week that Ricky Lambert is on more at Rovers than any of the City players along with there wage budget is bigger than ours. Took me 20 mins to get off the floor.

No.

It's time for Gary to re-think some of his approach based on this season though.

We've got as far as hard work and team spirit alone will take us. Now we need quality.

Agreed Nibor.

I think Gary would of learn't alot this season and will be alarmed at how badly we have capitulated in recent months. Lets hope he has the bravery make some tough decisions this summer that want be easy and go out there and get us some much need talent to push us on.

Although if I'm to be honest I do think Johnson has this stubborn,arrogant streak about him which could be his downfall long term.

Ed, in fairness you know its not Roy as the first person to not agree would have been shot down with shouts of "AHHHHH RUBBISH". :laugh:. As for Roy's infamous qoutes I got one the other week that Ricky Lambert is on more at Rovers than any of the City players along with there wage budget is bigger than ours. Took me 20 mins to get off the floor.

You gotta love Roy lives in a world of his own, it's ok though as he knows everyone there hehe. It took 7 of us shouting at him the other day that GJ was not in charge for the stuffing we got at swansea away, to which we were all told ######ing RUBBISH. Shock his head and walked on down the gate moaning

in my humble opinion mr johnson is the best manager out side of the prem i said this at the start of the season and i still belive this we spent so long in the lower divisions then he got us promoted then missed out on the prem then finished 10 th in the championship there are many many fans who would swap places with us ie southampton norwich etc we are financial sound we have a new stadium in the offing and we are becomeing a established championship team the future is bright the future is red granted we need to tweek the team we need to sort the midfield and play to manards strengths he will score plenty of goals next season we need cover in defence as carey is getting no younger fontaine is looking good artus can come back from cheltenham and do a job we have ribero to come back wilson may yet develope into a decent player so in my opinion NO we do not need to get rid of mr johnson AND I WILL LEAVE YOU WITH THIS QUESTION WHO? WHOULD YOU BRING IN THAT WOULD BE BETTER THAN GARY ? I CANT THINK OFF ANY ONE OUT SIDE OF THE PREM so roll on next season and always belive

Archived