IGNORED

Is It Time To Ditch Gary?

roylegalatyeo

:city: We should not be even thinking about Gary going,we should be thinking of building a statue of him outside the new ground.

Promotion and two successful seasons in one of the best leagues in the world,the guy should be knighted ! :worship2:

May as well close the forum down then Fidel.

Spot on; say what you think not what you are supposed to think; we may not agree with the original posters thoughts but he/she is entitled to them.

Spot on; say what you think not what you are supposed to think; we may not agree with the original posters thoughts but he/she is entitled to them.

I may be reading more into this than is your intention but I think you're being a tad patronising here. You seem to be saying there are posters who don't have original thoughts but merely say what they're 'supposed' to think ?

:city: We should not be even thinking about Gary going,we should be thinking of building a statue of him outside the new ground.

Promotion and two successful seasons in one of the best leagues in the world,the guy should be knighted ! :worship2:

Ha Ha what a laugh, good job you aint a manure fan then aint it, you would have AF living in Buck palace. :rofl2br:

The important opinion is that of SL and I'm sure he is also laughing.

IF and its a big IF..........SL does allow GJ cash then he certainly will not want to see it wasted so I don't think he will be laughing when consdering if GJ is the right man to trust with his M£££ of investment

I personally like others I've spoken to have pondered the question very temporarily and then written the idea off as ridiculous.

We've not been this stable straight after a promotion in a long time, and we hardly bounced back straight away.

To be fair Danny Wilson did well, but not well enough and he is quite an established manager.

Gary came in after a cheapo sentiment appointment of Tinnion, which was a risk that didn't come off, but did amazingly to pull us back up the table. Admittedly not every single one of GJ's decisions have been spot on, but:

How many games did we loose with bas savage playing?

How many did we win without Stern in the 11 at the end of the season?

How many of you knew who Adriano Basso was in october 2005? and who could see what he would develop into?

he's worked well with players to keep them happy, doesn't like being wrong but no one does, balanced sentiment and excitement, finance and morals excellently, we may be lacking in some areas but I believe.

:superman:

I also think that talk of sacking Gary Johnson after the season we've had is ludicrous. Granted, performances have often been poor, but we shouldn't forget the number of people writing City off as relegation fodder after we lost at Wembley - second season syndrome if you will. For me, the main objective for this season was to finish in a respectable league position and I think we achieved that.

However, I'm also not of the belief that Gary Johnson is some sort of demi-god and should be given the keys to the City. He deserves a lot of credit for what he's done at Ashton Gate over the past few years but our run of form at the end of the season has been worrying to say the least. I'll support everything he does in the close season with regard to transfers and the like, and I'll be 100% behind him at the start of the 2009/2010 season, but if we're knocking about the relegation zone in January it would be foolish not to consider getting rid an option.

I think that next season is going to be the one where Johnson either cements himself as a City great or confines himself to being 'just another reasonably successful City manager'. I have to say I like Johnson though, and I'm cautiously optimistic about the prospects of a top 6 finish next season.

Archived